Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jun 2005, 15:40 (Ref:1328391)   #26
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpunk75
Hey Hey Hey, take it easy BSchneiderFan I think your forgetting what Prost did to Senna the year before in Japan knocking him out of the race to win the championship. In my eyes it was pure revenge and Prost Deserved it.
At the risk of wandering slightly off-topic, I don't think there is any comparison between the 1990 incident and the previous year's clash. 1989 saw a tangle at the chicane; perhaps Prost could have given Senna more room but it was a racing incident. The following year, Senna purely and simply bulldozed Prost off the racetrack. It was not for him to decide how to 'punish' Prost. It was an appalling and cynical piece of driving, and Senna should have been disqualified from that year's championship because of it.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1328434)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
At the risk of wandering slightly off-topic, I don't think there is any comparison between the 1990 incident and the previous year's clash. 1989 saw a tangle at the chicane; perhaps Prost could have given Senna more room but it was a racing incident
Absolutely no way.

I'm not going to condone what Senna did to Prost in 90, but in 89 Prost took him out quite cynically admitting later (or was it at the time) that he had decided not to make room for Ayrton any more. Senna was through and Prost clearly turned in on him. "Racing incident"? Not in my eyes.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1328438)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Incredible link Luke. Thanks very much. Brought back some fabulous memories of why I used to love F1 and why Senna was the greatest racer I've ever seen.

Quote:
You could take short clips, make a highlights compilation from this year and it woul look just as good.
Hmmm. I rather doubt that K-B. I think you'd need to trawl through the last 5-6 seasons to see as much balls-to-the-wall racing as there is in that one video. (IMO of course )
Old 14 Jun 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1328511)   #29
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Absolutely no way.

I'm not going to condone what Senna did to Prost in 90, but in 89 Prost took him out quite cynically admitting later (or was it at the time) that he had decided not to make room for Ayrton any more. Senna was through and Prost clearly turned in on him. "Racing incident"? Not in my eyes.
Well, that aside, Ayse, disqualifying Schumacher for Jerez in 1997 but seeing Senna crowned champion in 1990 after bulldozing his rival off the road at the beginning of the race smacks of double standards. And I still think that Prost deciding not to make room for Senna any more is qualitatively different from a pre-meditated kamikaze mission.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 18:30 (Ref:1328586)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We'll just have to disagree on that one....... Prost's decision may have been made in the blink of an eye, but it was no less premeditated for that.....
Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1328635)   #31
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let's not forget in those earlier clips, they were using manual gearboxes - u can see Mexico '90 in Senna's on-board clips he takes his hand off the wheel to change gear... OK by '90 the Ferrari had semi-auto - but Senna vs Prost was definitely modern F1's golden age in my view - the cars, once they ditched the turbo's, sounded sooo much better than today's, in my view too!

*edit* - one more point to add... how on earth did Senna manage to defend his position on the OUTSIDE of Copse like that in '93!? amazing stuff!
Old 14 Jun 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1328848)   #32
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
You could take short clips, make a highlights compilation from this year and it woul look just as good.
I'm sorry, I don't believe that for a second K-B, (but I'm willing to be proven wrong).
Old 15 Jun 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1329042)   #33
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
But its true, the more aero progress the teams make, the worse the racing will become unless something is done to massively change the cars...
Exactly. Not only did the not-as-advanced aerodynamics back then allow a car to tuck in right behind another one without being affected by "dirty air" (which screws with just about every type of car racing these days), it's quite apparent it made the slipstreaming work a lot better as well.

Too bad those in charge don't get this.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1329143)   #34
312T4
Racer

Italy
312T4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a gift!!
Thank you!!!