Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Apr 2005, 06:43 (Ref:1270539)   #1
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team PSP to race in ATCC

Team PSP will race its pairs of Proton Impians (known as Waja in Malaysia) in the Asian Touring Car Championship. Malaysians Farique Hairuman and Mashlano Buang will drive.

Apparently these are the same cars the team used in BTCC last year. Aren't the cars in BTC Touring spec? The ATCC is run to Super 2000 regulations. Is it quite easy to modify a car from BTC to Super 2000?

But it is quite a good thing for an Asian manufacturer to race in the ATCC. I think this is the first time. Hopefully this will mean that other Korean and Chinese manufacturers will join too.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 07:20 (Ref:1270558)   #2
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the greatest manufacturer in asia(expect japan)is hyundai motors of korean,however they are more concentare in rally,they unlikely to particiate in there.

Brilliance may entering their old WTCC in several years if they make a start in WTCC
Old 5 Apr 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1271124)   #3
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my basic understanding of the regulations I don't think it would be too hard to convert a car from BTC to S2000, I think the British cars run bigger brakes, wings and (I'm guessing) aero aids but aside from that they're very similar.

I'm sure someone who actually knows what they're talking about will give you a better answer though.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1271230)   #4
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hairuman to win the championship! He's been knocked around so much in the BTCC this should be a bit easier for him!! lol

I'm just joking I'm not really sure what the standards of the ATCC may be like. They may be pretty good!

Last edited by maximus; 5 Apr 2005 at 20:17.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1271572)   #5
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
From my basic understanding of the regulations I don't think it would be too hard to convert a car from BTC to S2000, I think the British cars run bigger brakes, wings and (I'm guessing) aero aids but aside from that they're very similar.

I'm sure someone who actually knows what they're talking about will give you a better answer though.
From my very limited understanding of the technical differences, what I do know its not as simple as chucking off the BTC issued wing and sticking a super 2000 spec one on.

There are fundamental differences, which is as far as I know, the main reason why Vauxhall built the new Astra to BTC spec, rather than developing a ETCC spec one. It really would have been back to the drawing board for the team if they had done so. I'm sure someone else can explain the technicalities better than me, but I know its not easy to make the change, as the differences are pretty considerable.

Maybe the ATCC are allowing BTC spec, knowing they are evenly matched?
Old 6 Apr 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1271671)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It's possible it will be allowed to race in it's current spec plus a few handicaps. At the end of last year the BTCC-spec MG raced in Germany's S2000 series; Sweden have allowed BTCC-spec cars to race there as well.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1271845)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Think they've already taken care of the handicap looking at who's driving...
Old 7 Apr 2005, 05:31 (Ref:1272237)   #8
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Team PSP hasn't modified the car to Super 2000 spec, then I presume the cars will not be allowed to race in Macau's WTCC round already.

I suspect Team PSP will walk the ATCC given that there is no other factory supported teams in it AFAIK.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 08:26 (Ref:1272307)   #9
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Can anyone direct me to a site for the Asian Touring Car chamoinship - thanks !
Old 7 Apr 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1272377)   #10
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Can anyone direct me to a site for the Asian Touring Car chamoinship - thanks !

www.afos.com

However you may be disappointed.......