Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Oct 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3777468)   #901
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I thought Maclaren would use Renault engines next year, but after watching the renault engines yesterday they must be thinking frying oan or fire, however max did have one in his car so perhaps?
Renault say it was a cooling issue on the cars as they were right on the limit, with Max he was out front on his own until lapping back markers, so perhaps that helped with engine cooling and saved his engine?
Old 30 Oct 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3777477)   #902
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Renault say it was a cooling issue on the cars as they were right on the limit, with Max he was out front on his own until lapping back markers, so perhaps that helped with engine cooling and saved his engine?
Sp does that mean renault are designing engines that can only run in clean air, so anyone with a car not in the lead either has to back off of blew their engines up, and Maclaren thing that is better than the Honda unit?
Old 30 Oct 2017, 13:00 (Ref:3777481)   #903
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Sp does that mean renault are designing engines that can only run in clean air, so anyone with a car not in the lead either has to back off of blew their engines up, and Maclaren thing that is better than the Honda unit?
Renault are saying they were too aggressive with the engine and not taking sufficient account of the altitude, so a Mexicao specific problem, not a general Renault issue. We know that cars running close together increases engine temp, so I am only speculating that Max made it because he was not following other cars as much.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3777518)   #904
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
first off, congrats to LH! since the summer break hasnt really made any mistakes and generally excellent form over the whole season.

suppose it is a bit natural at this point to rank this title against his other titles.

still a couple of races left this season (so will reserves a full judgement), but given the problems with Ferrari/Vettle's mistakes/no Rosberg i think this year's title still ranks behind his others.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 17:08 (Ref:3777550)   #905
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope for McLaren's sake these Renault problems are a one off
Old 1 Nov 2017, 10:33 (Ref:3777956)   #906
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This orange McLaren livery just has to happen......its utterly iconic.......Zak, please please make it happen!!!!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...aren-look-like
Old 1 Nov 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3777958)   #907
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I like the look of it too, hopefully Zak will make us all happy
Old 1 Nov 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3777975)   #908
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope for McLaren's sake these Renault problems are a one off
Renault have recently realised how conservative they have been with the 2017 engine regs, and they are now pushing hard for the remainder of this season in readiness for 2018.......so I see this as a sign of good things to come.

Also I really fees RedBull will get shafted badly by Renault next year, I'm sure they will give them a very low tune of engine in comparison to McLaren, in an attempt to humiliate RedBull and not teach Honda anything.......I have a funny feeling McLaren will be flying next year, Alonso is already gushing about this years chassis
Old 1 Nov 2017, 14:50 (Ref:3777987)   #909
S griffin
Veteran

That’s true, nothing left for them for the rest of this season, so might use this time to iron out any problems with the 2018 engine
Old 7 Nov 2017, 23:22 (Ref:3779336)   #910
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!

Alonso visits Toyota, while still contracted to Honda.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...t-fitting.html
Old 7 Nov 2017, 23:42 (Ref:3779339)   #911
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Alonso visits Toyota, while still contracted to Honda.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...t-fitting.html
He won't be contracted next year and with only 2 GPs left this season, I doubt Honda will kick up too much of a fuss.
Old 7 Nov 2017, 23:53 (Ref:3779340)   #912
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He won't be contracted next year and with only 2 GPs left this season, I doubt Honda will kick up too much of a fuss.
Too late. The word is Honda are fuming. They have not been happy with Alonso for a while now, but this has very much angered the top brass at Honda.

I think a couple of gift wrapped grid penalties are being delivered to Alonso's garage for the next two rounds.
Old 8 Nov 2017, 00:06 (Ref:3779342)   #913
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Too late. The word is Honda are fuming. They have not been happy with Alonso for a while now, but this has very much angered the top brass at Honda.

I think a couple of gift wrapped grid penalties are being delivered to Alonso's garage for the next two rounds.
I can't find anything that suggests Honda are fuming. Grid penalties only really hurt Honda, Alonso has nothing to lose with only two races left.
Old 8 Nov 2017, 00:28 (Ref:3779345)   #914
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Apart from his big-euro point bonuses of course ��
Old 8 Nov 2017, 05:06 (Ref:3779390)   #915
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What has Honda top brass actually said about it? Is there a statement released or a quote from someone inside Honda?
Old 8 Nov 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3779465)   #916
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent strategy by honda if true. Driver embarrasses us, we penalize him and his car. Must he why they have been terrible. That "gp2 engine" comment really stung. Good old sabotage.
Old 10 Nov 2017, 00:58 (Ref:3779720)   #917
insane014
Rookie

insane014 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Excellent strategy by honda if true. Driver embarrasses us, we penalize him and his car. Must he why they have been terrible. That "gp2 engine" comment really stung. Good old sabotage.
I'm surprised Honda didn't make a tight contract regarding PR stuff of things he can't do under any circumstances considering they made him the best paid driver on the grid. Or maybe they did so they are just deducting from his pay. Who knows.
Old 10 Nov 2017, 11:24 (Ref:3779767)   #918
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Grid penalties only really hurt Honda, Alonso has nothing to lose with only two races left.
Quote:
See the at the end of my comment. Was just 'having a laugh' as our UK folks would say.
Old 19 Nov 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3781547)   #919
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Honda have already spent a year making themselves look like complete idiots, so who cares if they fume?
Old 19 Nov 2017, 23:40 (Ref:3781568)   #920
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
Honda have already spent a year making themselves look like complete idiots, so who cares if they fume?
A year? More like three. 4th time lucky?
Old 20 Nov 2017, 01:44 (Ref:3781584)   #921
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do not understand... Do not understand...
Old 20 Nov 2017, 02:22 (Ref:3781589)   #922
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
Proving they're complete idiots?
Old 20 Nov 2017, 02:43 (Ref:3781591)   #923
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

In fact, the last Honda win was 2006 Hungarian GP, done by Jenson Button. The last decent season of Honda in Formula 1 up to today (for the moment).

2007-08 seasons of their team were simply strange... With the earthdreams "sponsoring" the car, that made a mistery what they had in their minds about the matter...

During their absence (2009-14) they were concentrated in their engines for Indycars and for their domestic F. Nippon-Super Formula series, then their racing department was active on that time.

And their 2015 return to F1 as an engine maker, is also very strange... With its ups-and-dows, it seems on the last races they're starting to work it out with this, but we have to wait to 2018 to see if that finally flourishes...

I'm sure Honda is still capable to do the things well, but it something that could not understand in this... That's why do not understand...
Old 20 Nov 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3781651)   #924
S griffin
Veteran

They made progress last season, then it seemed to go down the swanny this season and only now are they anything like respectable
Old 20 Nov 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3781658)   #925
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As the answer no longer seems to be merely a resounding 'no' and McLaren are moving on to Renault engines, I shall remove the word 'Honda' from the thread title to usher in this new era.