Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Jan 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3184648)   #1
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
VSCC Pom Silverstone 23rd of February, The Lighter Side Of Racing

I have entered my first event this year, the VSCC Pom, with my Porsche 914, by my standards a sensible car.

Who else is coming ?

The Pom is allways fun, even in the wet.

Rudolf
Old 7 Jan 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3185923)   #2
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I have entered my first event this year, the VSCC Pom, with my Porsche 914, by my standards a sensible car.

Who else is coming ?

Rudolf
Enjoy the Pom, done it a few times, and had planned to be there with the TR5 this year, but seems very unlikely that it's going to be ready ... usual snag. Shame I can't run the FJ - i need some testing, and I'm sure we could rig up some agricultural luggage rack for the VSCC Suitcases! Mind you I'd need to refuel during the 40 minute 'Trial'!
Old 10 Jan 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3187323)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post

Who else is coming ?

Rudolf
Like this? 2012

Old 10 Jan 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3187425)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Like this? 2012
That's a strange looking 914....
Old 11 Jan 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3187872)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike,the answer to my question was ; No!

I wondered who would be first to spot the deliberate ( mistake.

Now what about this one?

Still the Pom 2012.

Well it's not a Morgan is it?

Bob
Old 11 Jan 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3187875)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Mike,the answer to my question was ; No!

I wondered who would be first to spot the deliberate ( mistake.

Still the Pom 2012.

Well it's not a Morgan is it?

Bob

No not a Morgan. Keep finding porker pics and you will get to right one. Admit it, you are just checking someone is awake!

Old 13 Jan 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3188478)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Trouble is Mike, I don't know my Porsche from a backdoor, I seem to have struck lucky with my second guess. Lucky because there were several other Porsche's in the field that I snapped - this could have gone on for some time.

Anyway, congratulations on being the only person to spot the error. Oops! Sorry, I mean the 'deliberate mistake'.

Tiddly Om Pom Push!

trinket.
Old 13 Jan 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3188508)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Trouble is Mike, I don't know my Porsche from a backdoor, I seem to have struck lucky with my second guess. Lucky because there were several other Porsche's in the field that I snapped - this could have gone on for some time.
No you haven't- that is a 924! THIS is a 914.....!!!!

(Thinks, that's a nice looking car for sale- wonder how much?)
Old 13 Jan 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3188540)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Alright I give up, fading eyesight and small print in the programme are to blame. You might think the VSCC would have more sympathy.

But this is definitely a Morgan;

Probably a three wheeler.
Old 13 Jan 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3188693)   #10
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Alright I give up, fading eyesight and small print in the programme are to blame. You might think the VSCC would have more sympathy.

But this is definitely a Morgan;

Probably a three wheeler.

No, that is a Messerschmitt, a late model
Old 13 Jan 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3188696)   #11
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
That is a Morgan...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PorscheFoyer.jpg (538.0 KB, 48 views)
Old 14 Jan 2013, 06:17 (Ref:3188806)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Lovely car Rudolf, what spec is it? My favourite 'alternative' Porsche along with 924GTR or GTS.

Your living room looks qiute nice as well...
Old 15 Jan 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3189345)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Pah! A Messersmitt ? Now you are just being silly Rudernst

The scales have fallen from my eyes, and now I understand ..... I shall have to ensure that I capture a few images of the elusive 914 for posterity.

But Ernst! Watch out for the 'Old Porsche Slayer' ....

It's coming to get you.

Look forward to seeing you at Silverstone in February,

Scholl!

Bob

PS; Mike will you en there in any capacity?
Old 15 Feb 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3205429)   #14
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the Pom open to the general public again like last year?
Old 15 Feb 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3205473)   #15
PBE
Rookie

PBE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Percy. em me on patrick@blakeneymotorsport.com. i'll sort you a pass. Not sure whether its open to public. I've entered Nick Swift in my saloon Nash which will be a change for him, a change for the VSCC and probably very funny to watch! PBE.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3205790)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Pah! A Messersmitt ? Now you are just being silly Rudernst

The scales have fallen from my eyes, and now I understand ..... I shall have to ensure that I capture a few images of the elusive 914 for posterity.

But Ernst! Watch out for the 'Old Porsche Slayer' ....

It's coming to get you.

Look forward to seeing you at Silverstone in February,

Scholl!

Bob

PS; Mike will you en there in any capacity?
Great shot of the Rover Bob,
Old 16 Feb 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3205892)   #17
bauble
Veteran

England
The Pom is DEFINITELY NOT open to the public this year, this is stated on the paper work sent through with Media info, by Gillian Carr, the Club's PR Manager.

You must be a VSCC member of have a ticket.

Not sure whether this is a Silverstone or a VSCC decision.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3205894)   #18
bauble
Veteran

England

It is certainly great fun to watch Patrick.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3205896)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Great shot of the Rover Bob,
Thank you Delta, plenty more of Peter Deffee on picasaweb.google.co.uk/rbmapics

Free to download if required.
Cheers,

Bob.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3205952)   #20
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Pom is DEFINITELY NOT open to the public this year, this is stated on the paper work sent through with Media info, by Gillian Carr, the Club's PR Manager.

You must be a VSCC member of have a ticket.

Not sure whether this is a Silverstone or a VSCC decision.
Thanks for the info - a pity, as I enjoyed it last year.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3206139)   #21
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
Thanks for the info - a pity, as I enjoyed it last year.
My guess is that this decision is driven by economics.
Meaning that the potential gate takings are lower than the cost of getting the spectators in and cleaning up after them afterwards.

unfortunate
as I would like to see my friends
and speccies add to the atmo

and yes, it is a fun event

Rudolf
Old 17 Feb 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3206194)   #22
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So take the opertunity and join VSCC which is a great club and one of the most important in the U K .

It runs it's own meetings and a relatively cheap way to go racing.

Without it there would be no Pre War racing.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3206221)   #23
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
Kevin Cooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had lunch with a lawyer buddy on Friday who has enterted his MGSV, he has been given a target of 40laps! I didn't know much about the 'POM' so I did some research over the weekend and it sounds fun, I think I'll join the VSCC and enter my 996 GT3 next year.

BTW 1st race this year in the Lola T492 will be the Martini rounds at the Thruxton easter meeting.

Regards

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
por.cc.290905 137 (640x427).jpg  
Old 19 Feb 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3207141)   #24
PBE
Rookie

PBE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bauble - can i buy a copy of saloon Nash picture at Goodwood? John Ruston is absolutely right, the VSCC provide a great platform for racing pre-war cars and of all the racing I do, it is by far the most economic and certainly great fun. I cant emphasise how much fun the Pom is - entries have closed this year but its well worth putting in the diary for next year. for a start, where else can you get 40 mins of track time for £160 or half that in a prewar car.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 10:12 (Ref:3207158)   #25
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, it's a great club. Oh, and there is something about prewar closed cars that really 'do' it for me. Such a fabulous thing that FN, Patrick. Seem to remember Andy Bell bringing out a Aston MkII saloon a couple of years back, too.