Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Oct 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3857981)   #1526
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Mclaren set to get what i would imagine is a much needed cash infusion via a new sponsorship deal with Coca-Cola for the remainder of the year.
Not sure if there’s much, or any, actual cash. Right now it’s a small deal for a handful of races. Maybe trying to tempt them for 2019.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3858113)   #1527
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would so love to see Coca Cola in F1
Old 21 Oct 2018, 10:16 (Ref:3858122)   #1528
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Blimey! It was an excellent mod. I still play it every so often. It will be interesting to see what McLaren's livery is going to look like.
The team that did that mod (me included) went on to work on Reiza Studios products. Some of the team (not me - I took a different route) now work for rF Pro and supply the simulation software to the entire F1 grid. And now we're back on the topic of F1.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 14:52 (Ref:3858433)   #1529
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The McLaren looked like the slowest car to me yesterday..
Old 22 Oct 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3858456)   #1530
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
The McLaren looked like the slowest car to me yesterday..
Lapping at 2/10ths slower than last year.... (as were Williams)

https://www.racefans.net/2018/10/21/...-2017-at-cota/
Old 22 Oct 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3858461)   #1531
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mclaren are also making really conservative choices with their tires. i think both here and in Japan they chose the fewest number of the softest available compounds.

given how pants they are and where they are finishing they really should be taking more chances with the softest compounds...at the very least try to flatter to deceive no?

its still odd to me how dismal Alonso's exit from F1 has been/shaping up to be! and not just in terms of the car but also the response from the fans/rest of the paddock.

the Mclaren PR machine doesn't even seem to be hyping it up at all.

i feel like Massa had so much more fanfare during his second retirement tour....or given the nature of Alonso's career maybe its not all that surprising after all.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 18:58 (Ref:3858490)   #1532
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Lapping at 2/10ths slower than last year.... (as were Williams)

https://www.racefans.net/2018/10/21/...-2017-at-cota/
Interesting stat because the Williams looked like it was flying on race day…The car looked compliant…The McLaren on the other hand looked like it needed some help...
Old 23 Oct 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3858736)   #1533
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
If I was Fernando i'd stop now. It's absolutely ridiculous to such a brilliant driver flailing around every 2 weeks getting caught up in accidents in areas of the field he should be waay waay in front of.

Jesus!!!!
Old 24 Oct 2018, 01:03 (Ref:3858753)   #1534
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
If I was Fernando i'd stop now. It's absolutely ridiculous to such a brilliant driver flailing around every 2 weeks getting caught up in accidents in areas of the field he should be waay waay in front of.

Jesus!!!!
No one held a gun to his head when he signed up. I call it karma.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 02:38 (Ref:3858763)   #1535
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
No one held a gun to his head when he signed up. I call it karma.
No matter what Fred had done, his present McLaren predicament would seem to be overly harsh punishment.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 07:50 (Ref:3858794)   #1536
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He does have a habit though of always making the wrong decision. It might be best to always do the opposite of what he thinks
Old 24 Oct 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3858806)   #1537
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He does have a habit though of always making the wrong decision. It might be best to always do the opposite of what he thinks
Lando Norris for 2019 WDC then?
Old 24 Oct 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3858820)   #1538
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Lando Norris for 2019 WDC then?
If he believes Zac, he probably thinks so!
Old 10 Nov 2018, 19:37 (Ref:3862225)   #1539
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso will be racing in the 500 next year.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/139964
Old 11 Nov 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3862359)   #1540
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
No matter what Fred had done, his present McLaren predicament would seem to be overly harsh punishment.
Agreed. And more importantly it has robbed us of watching one of the greatest drivers of his generation competing at the sharp end.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3862366)   #1541
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Agreed. And more importantly it has robbed us of watching one of the greatest drivers of his generation competing at the sharp end.
Very disappointing!
Old 11 Nov 2018, 13:54 (Ref:3862391)   #1542
S griffin
Veteran

A driver who had plenty more titles in him, at least as much as Hamilton has achieved
Old 11 Nov 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3862400)   #1543
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
A driver who had plenty more titles in him, at least as much as Hamilton has achieved
Hopefully, he'll get the Triple Crown next year.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 15:11 (Ref:3862404)   #1544
S griffin
Veteran

That will be a good enough consolation I feel
Old 11 Nov 2018, 15:22 (Ref:3862405)   #1545
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Considering only one other person has achieved this, I suppose so.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3862417)   #1546
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yes if only all those nasty cars and drivers had only been a bit slower Alonso could have been at least a 15 times champion
Old 11 Nov 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3862446)   #1547
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Amusing......
Old 12 Nov 2018, 07:03 (Ref:3862681)   #1548
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Considering only one other person has achieved this, I suppose so.
Of mild interest; that other person was also a two time WDC.
Old 12 Nov 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3862730)   #1549
S griffin
Veteran

I know, what a coincidence
Old 13 Nov 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3863176)   #1550
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Alonso will be racing in the 500 next year.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/139964
are McLaren indulging Alonso so that if and when they have a competitive car he could return to F1, not too many people of his talent and expetience freely available.