Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1273979)   #1
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Nordschleife

According to this article (only in german):

http://www.motorsport2000.de/index.p....inc&news=4557

the Nordschleife (the worlds most wonderful track) is soon going to be under preservation order.
Obviously a very good thing, as there is no more risk of the track being demolished like so many other glorious tracks that have disappeared.
But there might be a "negative" side to it for contemporary racing. As the preservation order is for historic monuments, this could mean that all modern racing will be cancelled as of 2006.
So it seems that there will be only (with all respect, as I like it) Historic / Oldtimer / Vintage racing allowed.
So no more Langstreckenpokal (10 races), or the two smaller championships or no more 24 Hours race. An event high on many peoples list, as well in Germany as in the UK.
What the near future will bring? Let's wait and see. And hope for the best of the best.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1274020)   #2
captain crunch
Racer

captain crunch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt they'd cancel the Nurburgring 24 hours, as far as grass-roots support goes, this is one of the best-supported events out there, and a personal highlight of the motorsports calender for myself and many others.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1274110)   #3
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree it brings a lot of money into the region, over 200,000 spectators. Adenau town comes to a standstill with the Thursday evening events, and the local people are so enthusiastic.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1274154)   #4
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
look at the articles date
Old 9 Apr 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1274164)   #5
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, let's hope that common sense prevails. It is not only big business for towns and the region, but a meaning of life for many racing teams.
All the organising clubs will do their best to keep everything going.
If Historic cars or modern ones race on the Ring, what's the difference for the track?
Old 9 Apr 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1274186)   #6
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Ooooops,
the team returned from a cancelled Langstrecken race at the Ring because of snow.
It seems that Flor is right and I so wrong. Egg on my face, shot in the foot and more of these things.
There were a lot of upset people there, so somebody said it was a well thought of (?) April 1 joke.
But thank G for that and many apologies to all concerned. But hey, if you don't do a thing, you can do nothing wrong.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1274239)   #7
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
In light of this 'new information' , I'll close this thread so it can slowly sink to the bottom and your humiliation can rest Eddy. I'm tempted to Hot Topic it, but I'm not that cruel. Yet....