Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 May 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1603609)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Paul O'Neill Oulton Park comeback

Paul O'Neill will be back at Oulton Park this weekend. Not in a BTCC car just yet but he'll be racing the Porsche GB guest car in the Carrera Cup.

Source: Porsche GB
Old 8 May 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1603618)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone told me at Silverstone over the weekend, its good to see Owy back racing.
Old 9 May 2006, 09:32 (Ref:1604056)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully this will go well, Paul is probably in a situation wher he can safely race again. TechSpeed might have the best idea, as he's been helping them prepare teh car for Fiona.
Old 9 May 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1604457)   #4
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well it has been 2 and a half years since he was diagnosed, so I'd think he's in perfect shape.
Old 9 May 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1604492)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn, I was hoping he would be the one adding strength back to the series...
Old 11 May 2006, 08:29 (Ref:1605781)   #6
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Made up

I heard from Paul yesterday and he is 'made up' about being back on the the grid at a BTCC event. Hopefully if he can do a Harvey in the guest car, we will see him get something more long term.

"Come on Fella"!

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 11 May 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1605914)   #7
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be cheering him on this weekend, thats great news!
Old 12 May 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1607193)   #8
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a marshal, I am really happy that Paul is back where he belongs, behind the wheel of a racing car. It'll be great to see him race on Saturday and Sunday in front of his home crowd. Guest drivers seem to show up the regular drivers in the porsche race quite often so "COME ON FELLA!"

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 12 May 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1607274)   #9
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he seems to be getting a handle on the car - here's hoping he has a great race tomorrow and sunday
Old 16 May 2006, 09:27 (Ref:1611357)   #10
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I managed to have a chat with Paul on the Saturday morning. He's looking really well and was looking forward to qualifying and the races. Race 1 went well as he qualified 7th, dropped to 8th at the start but finished 5th after a couple of front runners (including Tim Harvey) span out in the damp conditions. As he went past my post (Lodge) on the slowing down lap he looked like a nodding dog on steroids! Thats how elated he was! Race 2 didn't go so well as he retired into the pits at the end of the first lap with mechanical problems.

All in all not a bad return. Lets hope that we see more of him in the months to come.

WELL DONE FELLA!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 16 May 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1611751)   #11
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw him Sunday and he was so thrilled and so pleased that he hadn't lost the knack.
I think that was a major confidence booster for him and for any prospective teams who might be worried that the diabetes might affect the racing.
Now for goodness sake someone get him in a decent car.
Old 16 May 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1611764)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I will be greatly surprised if Paul doesn't find himself in a top line BTCC seat next year.

He combines natural speed with a likeable personality and already has a sizeable fanbase, which is surely a major plus point for any potential sponsors.

I wish him the best of luck in the future.
Old 17 May 2006, 06:09 (Ref:1612068)   #13
Snapperjack
Racer

Snapperjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
I will be greatly surprised if Paul doesn't find himself in a top line BTCC seat next year.

He combines natural speed with a likeable personality and already has a sizeable fanbase, which is surely a major plus point for any potential sponsors.

I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Sadly these do not count for much, it is money and plenty of it that does the talking
Old 17 May 2006, 08:06 (Ref:1612314)   #14
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapperjack
Sadly these do not count for much, it is money and plenty of it that does the talking
Correct.

Money, whether personal or provided through sponsorship, does do the talking in most instances.

What I am saying is that potential backers would be attracted to Paul O'Neill due to the qualities I listed earlier, thereby providing him with the financial clout necessary to get a top drive.