Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2219529)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For 'Outing' your real names, ONLY, please.

Whilst respecting anonimity, I know a lot of you simply use other handles for fun with no intention to hide behind them. I'm fortunate in that I know who many (but not all!) of you are, but there are many who don't, and I have some sympathy with John Ruston's frustration at not knowing who he is responding to. Of course, you can always PM him if you wish to retain anonimity, but where, as at current, John has very kindly put together several 10-Tenths teams for the Le Mans Classic, I think we should all know who is going out to battle in our name, so that due recognition can be given.

Quite a few of you who have already 'outed' yourselves on here, but it would be really good if we could maybe use this thread to provide the opportunity of telling us who you are.

I repeat however that we respect your anonimity and if you don't want to tell us, that's fine, too. Right so who will get the ball rolling? No takers and I will know that I'm barking up the wrong tree!

Ridiculous name, I know, but I really am John Turner, by the way!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 10:42 (Ref:2219538)   #2
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm Andrew Kitson, but most people call me Andy, away from the easel.
Good idea John.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2219554)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am known as Minime by certain grumpy old golfers....
Old 4 Jun 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2219561)   #4
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stuart Dickinson.

Bartender, Journalist and most recently a company director! (www.velocityap.com)

Also known as Dicko, Stuey, and Yank depending upon who's present.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2219623)   #5
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I use my real name as I have nothing to hide. The only problem I have found so far is my name is also my business. If I do a Google search for my name a lot of the results are from posting here which some of my customers have asked questions about. I only post in one other place and have not used my proper name there, but it's fairly easy to work out who I am
Old 4 Jun 2008, 12:34 (Ref:2219626)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Quite a few of you who have already 'outed' yourselves on here......
I'm Tim Falce and I don't feel the need to 'Out' myself as I am not gay, contrary to what my daughter tells me.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 12:37 (Ref:2219631)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Zefarelly has been my nickname for as long as I can remember, but Joe works just as well at getting my attention.

many people still struggle to pronounce Allenby-Byrne
Old 4 Jun 2008, 12:39 (Ref:2219632)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I am known as Minime by certain grumpy old golfers....
I thought your nickname was 'daydreamingwannabeclassicardealer'
Old 4 Jun 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2219651)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
I'm Tim Falce and I don't feel the need to 'Out' myself as I am not gay, contrary to what my daughter tells me.
I just knew some-one would get that one in, Tim. I seem to remember my youngest son describing me as 'gay' on a few occasions, too.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 13:15 (Ref:2219660)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
That's not what I heard !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jun 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2219703)   #11
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm Dave Thompson. I've been racing for 11 years, primarily but not solely in my 1969 Triumph GT6 hence the handle. Managed to pick up a couple of championships along the way and raced in USA as well as Europe. Picked up the alternative handle of "mighty" at Silverstone a couple of years back thanks to the commentator over the PA but I'm much too modest to use it!

When not playing with racing cars I play both electric and acoustic guitar (not at the same time) and if anyone wants to jam in the paddock let me know.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 15:21 (Ref:2219726)   #12
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Tim the Grey was explained in That Other Thread.

My passport says Tim Yorath.

My hair is grey.

I have been known as Catmangler as well, for reasons not for discussion here, and hence the reason for my son, when smaller, picking Minimangler. Now he's nearly a foot taller, and hence mis nicknamed!

I've never actually been involved with a team before. Though that is all about to change, I believe! However, I do repair/service my own vehicles. And drive perhaps quicker than I should.

I also used to be a course marshall, late 70s/early 80s.

I now tend to stick to taking pictures, as a hobby.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2219758)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
I thought your nickname was 'daydreamingwannabeclassicardealer'
That was uncalled for Zef. He'll get better on his return to work.Wont be so distracted etc.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2219827)   #14
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Flagman = David Morgan = Time served flag marshal all round europe - living in East Yorkshire

Seen lurking round various circuits usually at historic meetings. Not quite so in the public gaze as the racing folk. Burdened by endless reasons not to find the cash to risk life and limb on the grid. About 30kg too many to make a serious driver - might get in certainly would not get out of a racing seat.

Privileged to have done a bit of spannering in the past on some very famous cars.

Now known better as "morganthementor" on account of my gainful activity as Learning Architect, Training & Development Consultant, Management Trainer and Development Coach. This makes me a keen observer of driver behaviour!

Planned future appearances - Brands Superprix/Silverstone Classic/Cholmondley/Goodwood and as many more as I can slip in without the other half noticing.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2219851)   #15
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As explained elsewhere, Midgetman is a tryping errur for Midgetmax which is one of my businesses along with racewear.co.uk and the Actiondrome near Swindon.

AKA Max Tyler, but if you search on Google I'm NOT the one that keeps the Music Hall Hall of Fame. Lady rang me all the way from Canada about that once and didn't believe me when I said "no"!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 19:01 (Ref:2219878)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hi all Iain Rowley " Deltamotorsport" Yes and my 15 year old daughter calls me gay as well. What a relief too know i am not alone. For your info i have been building and supplying spare parts for Delta FF2000 cars and have also set up the Historic FF2000 series with my good freind Alan Morgan who also post on Ten Tenths. Now i have blown my cover that blooming C of the C is going to have a field day.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 19:22 (Ref:2219902)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who could that possibly be ?
Old 4 Jun 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2219976)   #18
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Who could that possibly be ?
sixties pop star?
Old 4 Jun 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2219977)   #19
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine's James Wiseman.

Been racing for about 10 years now, on and off (mostly on, with a few 'offs'!).

Race an Alfa SZ (hence the handle), and also a friend's Alfa GTA.

Regards,

James
Old 4 Jun 2008, 21:10 (Ref:2219986)   #20
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Esper ? seems a nickname for many dutchmen. but goes back to my Russian grandfather , had to leave St Petersburg in 1917 so...........Holland. (we love foreigners)
Old 4 Jun 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2219992)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
1917 eh ?. You have aged very well Esper.
If you love foreigners so much,would you like some more?

Last edited by terence; 4 Jun 2008 at 21:20.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:08 (Ref:2220220)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Hi all Iain Rowley " Deltamotorsport" Yes and my 15 year old daughter calls me gay as well. What a relief too know i am not alone. For your info i have been building and supplying spare parts for Delta FF2000 cars and have also set up the Historic FF2000 series with my good freind Alan Morgan who also post on Ten Tenths. Now i have blown my cover that blooming C of the C is going to have a field day.
Are one of Phil's sons Ian? Lovely guy hav'nt seen or heard from him for years.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 11:09 (Ref:2220386)   #23
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are one of Phil's sons Ian? Lovely guy hav'nt seen or heard from him for years.
Iain's busy putting an engine back into a Galaxie at the moment, but he's asked me to reply on his behalf. Phil Rowley is, indeed his father.

Did you, by any chance work for JW Automotive, where Phil was a truckie? Phil is alive and well, by the way, and has recently moved from Windsor down to the west country with his wife
Old 5 Jun 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2220430)   #24
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Rear, known as 'Mallory Dan' on the other place. Guess where I spent most of my teen years...
Old 5 Jun 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2220628)   #25
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am Graeme Forrester. MG B racer and long time event organiser.

I moderate the forum for the Wigton Motor Club site and when we set it up we insisted that everyone posted under their own name. We fel that if anyone was not prepared to put their names to their views then we did not want to see those views. Too many forums have led to fall outs, "flares", and other unpleasantness. Indeed some forums have come to a halt for this reason.

Hiding behind another name seems to give some folk the right to say things they would not dare say in public. Not a good idea.