Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Feb 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3025349)   #1
shaunhollamby
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chelsfield, Kent
shaunhollamby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1- What to race it in?

Hi

I have a 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 arriving and want to race it!

I have details of the Masters, HSCC, CTCRC, CSCC and Tour Brittania. I am only looking to do a handful of events but wondered if there is anything obvious that I have overlooked to compete in with this car?

Cheers Shaun.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3025373)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Hi Shaun, sounds good but we will need pictures of course.......

Where you race it depends what spec it is built to and who's regulations it conforms to. Tell us more!
Old 13 Feb 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3025479)   #3
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why don't you have a look at Bernie's Historic V8 Series where the only stipulation is that the car was originally fitted with a V8. There are three classes, FIA, Road Going & Modifiied.

The first meeting is with the CSCC @ Snetterton in April, there is a thread on here about it. If you need more details pm me & I can give you Bernie Chodosh's details.

BTW is it the red & black one advertised recently in US?

Details & pics would help.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3025501)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
If it has modified brakes and is uprated in anyway and who would want to run one of those with standard sliding calipers and replace the pads each race then HSCC is a no no. I spoke with a giy who was trying to run one of those in HSCC and found exactly that as I have when I tried to run standard brakes on my 71 Camaro. Same may apply to Tour Brittania but not sure.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3026629)   #5
shaunhollamby
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chelsfield, Kent
shaunhollamby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

Thanks for your responses. Yes it is the car that was on a couple of websites recently.

I tried to find more info on the V8 series but drew a blank apart from photos from the initial race at Snett last year? Contact info would be great.

I haven't contacted the HSCC yet but the Masters guys seemed happy to have the car in their 70's Celebration series. The car isn't currently road legal but will be made so as it has all the necessary documents.

I'll get some photos on here once it arrives.

Cheers Shaun.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3026640)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I dont know the spec on the car maybe you could give us more info, but I do feel you may be better off in CTCRC as the regs should suit it better as at least you can run decent brakes. Bernies contact details are berniechodosh@hotmail.com email him and ask him to put you on the newsletter.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3026675)   #7
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did see the car for sale, was trying to work out whether it was the ex 'Darkhorse Racing' car?? If so I have some magazine articles of it in the loft (I think!)
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang