Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 21 Jul 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3109545)   #1
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSBK 2012, Round 9 - Brno

Just sat down to watch recorded superpole session from this afternoon only to be hit by two bits of unexpected news; the bizarre ongoings at Liberty Effenberg regarding Guintoli and his crew and a so-called defection and misunderstanding with team management and no more works BMW team in 2013.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3109555)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe superstock 1000 should be the premier class in future...
Old 21 Jul 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3109571)   #3
cg7aa
Veteran

Sections from the Effenbert press release on the WSBK website almost implies some sort of mutiny. I'm half expecting Guintoli to turn up in a new team with the same group of mechanics but where would the funding be coming from at such short notice?

Seems the Goldbet team will be receiving BMW factory support with the official team being wound down as it were, Melandri is supposedly going to Goldbet. Who would you drop out of Fabrizio and Badovini? What now for Haslam? BMW's motorsport program seems to be heading in some strange directions lately. As Hodgson said in the commentary, lots of good riders around, not enough good rides available.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3109684)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My interpretation of the Effenbert message on the WorldSBK website is that it's merely Guintoli's mechanics who've left, but that doesn't explain why the team didn't simply use the spare mechanics they had running Brett McCormick earlier in the season, or shuffle Berger aside for the short term? Is this linked to the controversy from the team over the Monza fiasco? I guess there's a lot more to come from this.

A shame for BMW to withdraw when they're making such progress, leaving two impressive riders out of a ride for 2013 as it stands.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3109698)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry but Melandri is on a different planet, that bike is so much faster than every other bike out there.

At least 10 kmh quicker than every other bike in the field. Maybe its because he is light and small I dont know but that bike is a totally unfair advantage, just like Biaggi a few years ago, pathetic really.

Fair play to Marco he is taking maximum advantage of it, but if it was me I would be embarrassed, its like he has 20hp over the field, including his bloody team mate
Old 22 Jul 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3109978)   #6
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Sorry but Melandri is on a different planet, that bike is so much faster than every other bike out there.

At least 10 kmh quicker than every other bike in the field. Maybe its because he is light and small I dont know but that bike is a totally unfair advantage, just like Biaggi a few years ago, pathetic really.

Fair play to Marco he is taking maximum advantage of it, but if it was me I would be embarrassed, its like he has 20hp over the field, including his bloody team mate
I can see why you say that but given his current form, who would you give new parts to given the relative championship positions of the two riders? To my untrained eye, Marco is riding exceedingly well even if the bike appears to be rather special, Haslam's head seems to have gone for whatever reason, it may well be due to inside team politics we don't see. Certainly, getting rather bored of seeing shots of Marco's side of the garage. Yes, we get it, move on...

Sykes and Checa in race two were very impressive given the bike they were trying to beat, they were riding over the limits of their bikes I think which takes me back to what I was saying about BMW motorsports, they seem to do the hard work making a car or bike work then just as they are beginning to reap the rewards they decide to scale back. It can't be the DTM taking all their resources, are we to believe, a company like BMW cannot sustain multiple programs now that they are no longer involved in that series?

Can anyone explain what's going on at Suzuki?
Old 23 Jul 2012, 00:15 (Ref:3110077)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems us Aussie fans may have a new rider to cheer on soon in WSBK if Bryan Staring's form in Stock 1000 is anything to go by

Suzuki are terrible, John Hopkins is having a shocker. How much longer are Honda going to keep Aoyama on the 2nd bike, get rid of him now. Good to see Loris Baz get Kwaka #2 upthere aswell...
Old 23 Jul 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3110192)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the whole deal is about money saving, and most of the team in BMW are Italian now as a lot of the old Belgarda team went there, hence why Haslam probably feels so disillusioned with it all.

Fair enough he could always go quicker, but let's face it Melandri is class, he has won at every GP level so wining here should be easy in comparison.

But his bike is a jet, that fact doesnt change
Old 23 Jul 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3110305)   #9
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post

How much longer are Honda going to keep Aoyama on the 2nd bike,
I'm beginning to wonder if Hiroshi's performance on the bike is actually where that bike's level is for a competent rider and Rea is simply performing miracles and risking his neck on it. Hiroshi is not utterly useless surely? You don't wake up one morning and forget how to ride, do you? It's his first year and he is obviously struggling with the bike but even if he was on top of things, will be any higher than mid-teens and lower half of top ten?

Can anyone else make that thing go any better than Rea, I doubt it, maybe an alien could but for your baseline competent rider, a few places above Hiroshi's accustomed finishing position will probably be a true reflection of the bike.