Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Apr 2007, 17:37 (Ref:1891221)   #26
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any danger of a full-colour WTCC Spotters' (commentators') guide????

lots of lovely white BMWs ! saves on printer ink, you know... got to think of these things when you have a Formula 1 team hoovering up all the cash...
Old 16 Apr 2007, 20:09 (Ref:1893358)   #27
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Captain - Yes, within reason and primarily the BTCC cars. The SEAT's tend to change every weekend!

Sir Martin Haven - funny you should say that!. A WTCC one is in the works. Hoping to get it done for the next round, but not sure yet. If you use it, make sure you give a plug
Old 19 Apr 2007, 23:03 (Ref:1895894)   #28
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Rockingham spotters guide will be on line during the course of tomorrow (Friday). Not sure when or the exact link as its down to someone else to upload, but if you check www.seatcupra.net it should appear on the main page. I'll post a link up once I'm up and its been uploaded.

The Rockingham guide is in a PDF format and includes all (I think) the updates from Brands along with the fleet of SEAT Cupras. Two cars have a new livery (which I quickly did) but thats Embargoed, but other than that, I'm not aware of any significant changes on the BTCC Side. You can never be sure with the SEAT's

There will be a few updates during the season, but not every race. Will probbaly have an update for Oulton due to the two aforementioned + others.

Special thanks to the Photographers that helped me on this (not easy from Canada) including Peter Still, Greg C and Paul Davies. Your all stars.

Onto WTCC now (not sure I'll get it done for Zandvoort)
Old 20 Apr 2007, 15:34 (Ref:1896434)   #29
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
The guide is now on-line here

http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?o...d=614&Itemid=1

Its quite detailed, so I'd make sure you have a good printer and if possible print it A3 (it will size it for you in Acrobat, with no loss of quality). Its 7Mb!

There is one mistake I know of.... but otherwise I think its all good (famous last words!)

Sorry its so late, wanted to get a couple of new liveries in (didnt) and also had problems reducing a 75Mb file down to a more downloadable size - you may find it easy to save the pdf to your computer and THEN open it. When I open it direct on one of my older laptops, it stalls.

If there is enough interest I'll export a jpeg out for next time, but resolution might not be quite so good

Last edited by andy_b; 20 Apr 2007 at 15:40.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 15:35 (Ref:1896440)   #30
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new spotter's guide is now on-line at seatcupra.net. Nice job andy_b

edit: beat me to it andy!
Old 20 Apr 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1896513)   #31
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thanks a lot for the guide! Not meaning to be critical, just thought I'd point out some of the errors I noticed,

*Murrays car should have arguscarhire.com along the side.

*There is a lowercase "b" infront of BMW on Bells car that shouldn't be there.

*There is a #12 on the door of the #22 SEAT Leon

*The details to the left of the number 23 on the side of Allison's car are missing.

*The sponsor on the side of Jason Hughes' car beside the front wheel isn't in the spotters guide

*www.touringcarspares.com is missing from the sill of Pocklington's BMW. Also missing is the sponsorship on the front of the car (side view)

*There is a logo half way along the side of the black strips on Jacksons BMWs bonnet that are missing

*There is a logo to the left of the Cornish flag at the back of George's Honda which is missing. Also missing are some sponorship details on the side.

*Pinkney's Alfa will have Luton Town branding on it this weekend.

*The sponsorship along the bottom of the side of Blanckley's Honda is missing.

*Several auxillary sponsors are missing from Leggate's MG

*Castrol, and a front bumper sponsor are missing from Kizilirmak's Astra Sport Hatch
Old 20 Apr 2007, 17:49 (Ref:1896553)   #32
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Thanks Alfa Fan ! I look forward to your improved version. I do hope you email Autosport for all their mistakes on the F1 profiles in their race reports!

Most of those issues I am well aware of. I took the decision not to include every small logo and detail for any updates as when the majority print on A4, it will be hard if not impossible to read (hence things,like the yellow box on Jordan's car).

I'll do a pass again on this for Oulton, but most of the missing logos you mention won't appear. They are too small. I've left most of the hood logos off as well. As it is, with the extra detail, the guide has already doubled over last year. Also, Pinkneys Luton branding isn't on the side.

Admittedly, there were two mistakes I forgot about (12 on Leon - but hey, thats a spare car anyway....and the extra B on BMW) but thats what happens on 16 hour days to get this freebie done with work and finished at 3 this morning.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1896557)   #33
Alfa Fan
Veteran

hey, I wasn't meaning to be critical! Just pointing out some things I noticed incase you wanted to correct them! Sorry.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 18:09 (Ref:1896569)   #34
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Great work as every Andy. I've tried zooming in to 6400% - you weren't kidding about it being quite detailed. Shame I've only got an A4 printer. Can't complain about the missing minor decals as I wouldn't see them printed at that size anyhow.

Only thing I can spot is Dan Welch, who seems to be using his SEAT Cupra in the BTCC Independents' Cup.

Wasn't Tom Boardman supposed to be doing selected SEAT Cupra rounds, or have you left him off until he actually appears?
Old 20 Apr 2007, 19:09 (Ref:1896605)   #35
Alfa Fan
Veteran

I'm not sure I should dare mention it, but you've missed out #16 James Morgan who races a SEAT Leon Cupra R for CMS Motorsport.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1896611)   #36
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Morgan didnt race at brads so no ref. If he's does make it at Rock, he will get the next slot in the guide, potentially with one other cupra

Boadman isnt registered, but I have drawn him up ready, in case he appears
Dan Welch...um yeah, I'll give you that one
Old 26 Apr 2007, 09:45 (Ref:1900785)   #37
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Andy!

Do you still have the BTCC Spotters guide from 2005? I'm missing that one!
Old 26 Apr 2007, 16:07 (Ref:1901032)   #38
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
I have 'a' version of it I think at home. drop me an email (via PM or email here) and i'll dig it out.

didn't realise people collected them!!!
Old 2 May 2007, 19:56 (Ref:1905293)   #39
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More work for you andy - Stockton's only gone and got a complete new look for this weekend (and beyond?)

http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=520
http://www.crash.net/picture_view_si...pid~357644.htm
Old 3 May 2007, 02:15 (Ref:1905488)   #40
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
booo, hissss I'm afraid I wont have an update for Thruxton. Next update will be for Croft at the beginning of June.

I'm trying to get the WTCC one done for this weekend, it might make it, but can't gaurantee it