Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1552050)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
So who's gonna win then!

OK chaps (and chapesses),who will be victorious.I have a sneaking feeling that Williams will come away with the big 'W'.Your thoughts.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 18:58 (Ref:1552055)   #2
ParkLife
Racer

ParkLife should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Fisi has a great chance, unless he has a spot of bad luck again of course. Other than that there's nothing I'd LOVE to see more than a Williams win.

The Williams is a great looking car, and I especially love the view from front on! It was looking great through the heat haze heading directly towards the camera on the main straight in qualifying!
Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1552059)   #3
pforrester
Racer

England
Leek, Staffs
pforrester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if, as the team have been suggesting, Williams have an edge in the race over qualifying then it's perfectly possible that a car from the second row will be winning tomorrow. Youngest ever race winner, or will Webber's experience show?

Fisichella will surely be in with a shout, and unless they blow up I would expect the McLarens to feature as well. Jenson I'm not sure about, and I don't know if Fernando can overcome the massive fuel load he inadvertantly will be carrying.

So that'll be me sitting on the fence then! (which is a good thing in predictability terms at least)
Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1552061)   #4
pforrester
Racer

England
Leek, Staffs
pforrester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkLife
The Williams is a great looking car, and I especially love the view from front on! It was looking great through the heat haze heading directly towards the camera on the main straight in qualifying!
I agree with that. Best looking car on the grid.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1552066)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Problem for JB is that he seems to have the burden of winning on his shoulders again,not that he won't mind that of course.I don't think the car is quite ready to win yet.

The Williams team were worried about qualifying,they needn't have been.http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35315
Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1552067)   #6
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just because he's been very impressive so far: Nico Rosberg
Because he's more experienced than rosberg and in the same quick car: Mark Webber
Because he's IMO the quickest car/driver combo: Kimi Raikkonen

Can't really pick one, which is a good thing I guess
Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1552075)   #7
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dream winner would be Rosberg in the Williams. It's a big ask for the young lad though. Still it would be one in the eye for Jenson and BMW. I expect it will be one of the big three, Fernando, Kimi or Michael with Fisi as an evens bet. I will go for Fernando.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1552077)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
That first corner or two will be really what decides the race i think.Also there will be several more engine failures and some surprise points finishers.Still think that Williams and their awesome 'Cossie' engine will be the stars of the show.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1552079)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I hope, obviously, Fisichella. But that awful luck he has...
Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1552081)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
So is Sir Frank still thinking about Toyota engines for next year then?.. I think Jenson Button will win the race this is his time...
Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1552083)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
So is Sir Frank still thinking about Toyota engines for next year then?
Not right now.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1552269)   #12
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think this race is wide open and could be won by more than the usual suspects. I include both Webber and Rosberg in that group, Button for sure and even MS coming from behind if luck is with him. It should be a good one.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1552322)   #13
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the best opportunity stands with Button or Rosberg, who , incidentally are both looking for their first ever GP win. I prefer Rosberg out of the two, and if he wins, you would not see me in here until my hangover would be over.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1552323)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fisi: Chuck it.
Ferry: Bin it.
Kimi: Blow it.
Jense: Screw it.
JP: Crunch it.
Webber: Snail it.
TGF: Collect it. (the points that is)
Nico: Win it. (Dering-ding-ding, we have a (possible) winner!!)

All IMO ofcourse.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 23:23 (Ref:1552345)   #15
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson has normally gone well here in Malaysia, so he should have a chance.. but Williams look menacing for the first time in about 3 years.

My wishes for the race? Well, a BMW one-two with Jacques in front. It's my wish, not what I think will happen!
Old 18 Mar 2006, 23:27 (Ref:1552350)   #16
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never write-off Michael Schumacher.....it's in his pocket!
Old 19 Mar 2006, 02:10 (Ref:1552448)   #17
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hoping for a Webber win, imagine the build up to Melbourne if he does but he won't as unfortunatley he never gets off the line well. I'm tipping Alonso again. Very fast driver and very rarely makes mistakes.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 03:04 (Ref:1552463)   #18
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are far too many if's and but's to mind, which should make it a great gp. The obvious choice is Fisi, provided his car doesn't break down on him. You can't rule out Button either, although there might be a bit of a question mark over how well fuelled the car is. If you believe what Williams have said they should definitely be in with a chance for the win with either driver. Then of course assuming neither of the McLaren's blow up, they should probably be in with a shot. And then there's a heavy Alonso starting from 8th, and TGF from 10th.

This should be a very good GP.

Hang on, I've just stated the bleeding obvious, without saying who'll win
I hope Webber wins, because it'd come as a great (and welcome) surprise to a lot of people.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 03:40 (Ref:1552472)   #19
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Kimi's Mercedes doesn't blow up it will win. I think. But I also hope the Williams do well and MW gets a win or Nico continues his impressive F1 debut. Then again Button, Fisi, TGF and Alonso all have a shot.

I have no idea.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 03:43 (Ref:1552474)   #20
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would still bet for Kimi. We'll know in a few hours
Old 19 Mar 2006, 04:00 (Ref:1552480)   #21
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I believe Alonso will come through the pack and win this thing. Nobody has proven so far to be faster than him.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 04:06 (Ref:1552483)   #22
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott75
I hoping for a Webber win, imagine the build up to Melbourne if he does but he won't as unfortunatley he never gets off the line well. I'm tipping Alonso again. Very fast driver and very rarely makes mistakes.
What will the (Aussie) media say if or when second race driver Rosberg wins and Webber doesnt, they already had a didn't expect Hedifeld on spot up further up on the podium at Monaco!

Dear oh dear. Well we will see, fingers crossed for Car #9 to win
Old 19 Mar 2006, 05:14 (Ref:1552495)   #23
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Webber should be quick enough over the course of the race distance. Damn impressive for Rosberg, his first time on this track. I look forward to this race, and, indeed in 2 weeks time when Webber leads home a Williams 1-2 all for me to watch from the Fangio stand on pit straight!
Old 19 Mar 2006, 05:18 (Ref:1552497)   #24
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi will win this one.

Last week was a fluke. And if I`m wrong, it will be another long season for McLaren.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 05:20 (Ref:1552499)   #25
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
My sentiments exactly. I don't rate McLaren this year.