Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Apr 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3065273)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[iV8SC12R07,08&09] Trading Post Perth Challenge, 4-6 May

Time to travel to the other side of the country (some would say to another country..) for the teams... and drivers.. and crews... and cars...

What will we see when we get them all tucked up in the new Barbagallo Raceway complex?

Will Mr Bright channel 2011 and manage to get some pep back in the #8 BOC car and maybe snag a win or two...

.. or are we going to see a 5 car FPR v's 888 challenge with the rest as minor players....

I suspect the WAussies will do ok at what is loosely called a 'home' round for them... Mr Tander, Mr Reindler (returning to the scene of the fireball...), Mr Fiore...

A winner to pick.... how about #14.. Mr Coulthard...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Apr 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3065274)   #2
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst it might be entertaining to watch the FPR v 888 battle , hopefully a few of the others can lift their game ??
SBR should be there abouts and maybe BJR can draw on last years effort.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3065573)   #3
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be fascinated to hear what all the fans who sit on the hill think, now that their view is not of the start line, but the back of the pit buildings............
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 25 Apr 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3065628)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
I'll be fascinated to hear what all the fans who sit on the hill think, now that their view is not of the start line, but the back of the pit buildings............
I too, am not convinced putting the pits on the infield was a good idea.

Is there less room on the outside than there is on the inside?
Old 26 Apr 2012, 02:05 (Ref:3065652)   #5
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
This is one thing Im concerned about. When sitting on the hill you could watch a good 2/3rds of the race track, now with the infield pits and the V8 Transporters i think the viewing will be restricted, hence now I only go up fridays to watch in all different parts of the track (which is too hard to do on a busy saturday and sunday)

Im more interested in the entry and exits. Bit wierd if you ask me but anyway, thats life.

Go to the WA Sporting Car Club Facebook page and all the pix are up there.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3065710)   #6
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I too, am not convinced putting the pits on the infield was a good idea.

Is there less room on the outside than there is on the inside?
The is big elevation changes from pit lane to the pits behind the lane. wouldn't work with out a lot of dirt/exist buildings to be moved.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3065716)   #7
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, I see.

Thanks.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 03:32 (Ref:3066002)   #8
St00ge
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Ah, I see.

Thanks.
It would of been a lot better I agree having it on the outside of the track where the original pit lane is, but hey it is part of stage 1 of the redevelopment that is long overdue so I will take it and we only got the state to pony up some cash due to the v8s..
Old 30 Apr 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3067384)   #9
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
The is big elevation changes from pit lane to the pits behind the lane. wouldn't work with out a lot of sand/exist buildings to be moved.
Fixed it for you
Old 30 Apr 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3067647)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Jonathon Webb's Perth Livery...
Old 2 May 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3068213)   #11
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long can Tekno keep going without sponsorship? Family money?
Old 2 May 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3068242)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
How long can Tekno keep going without sponsorship? Family money?
Old 3 May 2012, 01:23 (Ref:3068558)   #13
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Jonathon Webb's Perth Livery...
so Mr Accountant, if you could be so kind and explain, if a team has no major sponsor, and place the banner of a registered charity on their cars free of charge, can they claim the cost of what sponsorship would otherwise be worth as a tax deduction, and therefore reduce the amount of money lost for the round by otherwise having no sponsorship?

If so, win-win!
Old 3 May 2012, 01:47 (Ref:3068560)   #14
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
so Mr Accountant, if you could be so kind and explain
No... the ATO are a lot smarter than that!

How long they can keep going probably has more to do with how large the gap between REC income and racing costs.
Old 3 May 2012, 02:10 (Ref:3068561)   #15
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
No... the ATO are a lot smarter than that!
Actually pretty easily solved. Tekno pledge a donation to the charity and the charity then purchases space on the Tekno car for the same value.

Tekno get a tax deduction and charity get the promotion.
Old 3 May 2012, 05:25 (Ref:3068574)   #16
rik
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Actually pretty easily solved. Tekno pledge a donation to the charity and the charity then purchases space on the Tekno car for the same value.

Tekno get a tax deduction and charity get the promotion.
Umm, i assume 'pledge' means 'give money'... which just ends up cancelling out and is just the same as giving the space away for free.

BTW some of the favourite words of the Tax Office are 'scheme' and 'sham'
Old 3 May 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3068576)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Umm, i assume 'pledge' means 'give money'... which just ends up cancelling out and is just the same as giving the space away for free.
So is it illegal for 2 parties to invoice each other for an equal amount, as long as both parties declare the income I can't see what the issue is.
Old 3 May 2012, 06:13 (Ref:3068583)   #18
rik
Veteran

Quote:
So is it illegal for 2 parties to invoice each other for an equal amount, as long as both parties declare the income I can't see what the issue is.
No, but it won't save you any tax!
Old 3 May 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3068721)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Does cash change hands... that might be the test...
Old 4 May 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3069137)   #20
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Onto the racing !!!

Ive been to the track today, Love the new pits and I know the crews love it as well. Would be nice to have a Fontal Pit walk to see the cars, but great for looking at all the telemetry etc from the back.

Pit Entry and Exits will be fun

Wet All day
Old 4 May 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3069145)   #21
St00ge
Veteran

Sucks for viewing form the pits (old) tho the fences that now line both sides of the pit straight also ****s up your view for the crew who use to get a great view haha and from the hill on the other side of the track you have lost the clear view of the full main straight and cars in the pits.. The pit entry and exit will cause trouble mark my works, but in the end I am happy the govco have coughed up the money and major work has been done..
Old 4 May 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3069208)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P1
P2
P3
P4
Combined P3+ P4
Old 4 May 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3069218)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So... will we see the field splish & splash around tomorrow or is the weather set to improve?
Old 4 May 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3069228)   #24
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
So... will we see the field splish & splash around tomorrow or is the weather set to improve?
Same Same but different
Old 4 May 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3069233)   #25
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Yahoo 7 website says heavy rain tomorrow by the look of it, on/off showers Sunday.