Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 31 Jan 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2622935)   #1
Copperbottom
Veteran

Copperbottom has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Navara or Rodeo?

The time has come to change my trusty Isuzu Trooper 3.0,I need something big for towing caravans and car trailers with 4x4s on them,it will have to be my daily driver so needs to be fairly comfortable and economical,I've been tentatively looking at 04/05 models of the Navara and Isuzu Rodeo pick ups, anyone on here got any experience of them? (especially 3.0td)
OR other sugestions? (mainly looking at pick ups cos of the low road tax bracket)
Old 3 Feb 2010, 01:40 (Ref:2625400)   #2
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a thread about this a while ago, could be useful to you. I don't think there is a lot to choose between on the overall reliability etc front, but if your vehicles are the same as ours the Rodeo will be bigger inside and more comfortable than a D22 Navara. A D40-model Navara on the other hand is much better. Could be worth looking at a Mitsubishi, one observation there is the previous gen had a huge turning circle.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2636912)   #3
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Rodeo's are resonably reliable one suggestion I would make if you get one is to fit a good quality sump gaurd as they are prone to being hit by objects like rocks etc and having the sump dent and block the oil pick up. That happens then you need to pay your friendly dealer $10000.00 plus, who says dealers sting you!!!!!!!
Old 20 Feb 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2637014)   #4
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had 2 D22 Navaras (still got one of them, an 03 base model cab/chassis) and found them to be great. True the crew cab (I had and have now sold) is small inside but it was reliable and in 3.0td has a 3 tonne towing capacity. We also had an 06 Hilux 2 wd 4.0 litre petrol, stay clear, what a lemon with poor build quality and wouldn't pull be mum off the loo, sold it with only 40,000 kms on the clock. Also still got an 07 Rodeo 3.0td 4wd LX cab/chassis, brilliant!! 138kmh (soon got back to legal speeds when I realised what it had crept up to) with 3 tonnes of trailer on the back up the Pacific H'way and will do Sydney to Lakeside and back on 4.5 tanks of diesel. Just taken delivery of a current model LX Colorado 3.0 td (rebadged Rodeo), haven't towed with it yet but they are a comfortable ute for a long trip. The Navara has a better turning circle but I'd buy a Colorado over the Navara.
Hope this helps.