Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 27 Jul 2016, 22:32 (Ref:3661541)   #1
Davis100
Rookie

Davis100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula ford uses

Im new to the forum, over the past couple of months I've done a few single seater driving experiences at different circuits and I've really enjoyed it, im toying with the idea of selling my rally car and getting a formula ford, the question I have is are there any track days or test days I could do and what else I could do to get out in the car, I wouldn't mind doing a few races but only after some track time, I haven't much track experience, and which formula ford is best to get that doesn't cost the earth, im 6' tall, and im reasonably mechanical minded, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3661631)   #2
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford has to be the most exciting racing there is.. So good choice, probably the best value is the classic formula ford they have some great racing and are a great bunch too. I race in the hscc and cars can be bought for around 20-30k seems a lot for a little space frame car but they do appreciate in value and are the most popular ff club there is, this season has seen 50+ car entries at most meetings which has resulted in sometimes 4 races. Search on u tube for historic formula ford.

For track days I'm not too sure regarding single seaters but you can test once you have a licence at nearly all the circuits around the country so track time shouldn't be an issue.

Good luck whatever you choose

Benn Simms
Old 28 Jul 2016, 19:52 (Ref:3661701)   #3
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most track days won't accept an open wheel single seater, so if you wanted to run you would probably find that your best option would be to sit your ARDS and get your track license (Nat. B).

Then you can enter circuit test days - all circuits run test days during the season, and most will be split into closed wheel and open wheel sessions.

Following that, if you want to race there are a number of options - a number of Formula Ford specific championships, or something like Monoposto which has a mixture of cars ranging from standard FF through modified examples up to F3 derived cars.

Of course, there are sprints and hill climbs which you may be eligible for which gives other places to run.

For best value, I'd say that a Formula Ford 1800 Zetec is best value, although Kent engined FF's have most places to race them.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3663235)   #4
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you buy an Historic or Classic FF there are test days before meetings I'm not sure if Mallory Park still do their test mornings but that would be a good little circuit to test yourself on.
With the HFF we have beginners joining us and with big grids as Benn says, (especially on big circuits) you won't be in the way until you're up to speed.

Do it!