Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 May 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3079964)   #951
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Old 27 May 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3079969)   #952
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I will now hold very high hopes for a graphics team to work some sort of miracle on this one....
Old 27 May 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3079975)   #953
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They could start with invisable ink !!!
Old 27 May 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3079981)   #954
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Or with a withdrawal from the entry list...
Old 27 May 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3079984)   #955
tarpon
Rookie

tarpon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the answer at Magny cours thuesday
Old 27 May 2012, 16:55 (Ref:3079986)   #956
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
next week there will be the LM test, if the car will join, maybe we will have some clue about the performance of this car.
One little question: pescarolo brought also the right to call the car pescarolo 03 or will be officialy called something like prodrive pescarolo 03
Old 27 May 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3079987)   #957
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
next week there will be the LM test, if the car will join, maybe we will have some clue about the performance of this car.
One little question: pescarolo brought also the right to call the car pescarolo 03 or will be officialy called something like prodrive pescarolo 03
Pescarolo is allowed, like the DeltaWing, to rename the chassis.
Old 27 May 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3079990)   #958
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aesthetics aside, I believe we have a great car right here, Pescarolo has always done a good job improving chassis and I don't think is gonna be different this time

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 27 May 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3079991)   #959
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Pescarolo had Andre de Cortenz back in those days too .
Old 27 May 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3079992)   #960
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well I don't care what it looks like it is how it goes that is important
Oh dear

I hope I'm wrong...
Old 27 May 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3079995)   #961
ForzaPorsche
Rookie

Finland
ForzaPorsche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Even though that fat high nose looks just as bad as it did on the Aston, the plain white paintjob isn't doing the car any favours either IMO - I think it'll look better when the livery is in place. I hope.
Old 27 May 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3079998)   #962
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
At least it looks less than an ironing board now... still, the aero doesn't really scream "effective" to me... looks a bit bulky overall.
Old 27 May 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3080010)   #963
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very very interesting concept. Mix of a few things.

Henri wasn't always a big one for wind tunnel stuff so I hope someone else put a slide rule over the aero.

Ugly yes: competitive...I hope so.
Old 27 May 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3080044)   #964
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I split both sides on that one!
Old 28 May 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3080510)   #965
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
A lot of Astons problem was the engine. It is clear to me that the bodywork was never fully developed as it looked like a car from 10 years ago. With a reliable and proven Judd engine it may not be pretty bu it should do better than the Aston did last year.
Old 28 May 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3080511)   #966
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
A lot of Astons problem was the engine. It is clear to me that the bodywork was never fully developed as it looked like a car from 10 years ago. With a reliable and proven Judd engine it may not be pretty bu it should do better than the Aston did last year.
The question will be... which of the AMR-One descendants will do better? The 03 or the Deltawing?
Old 28 May 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3080515)   #967
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The question will be... which of the AMR-One descendants will do better? The 03 or the Deltawing?
The Deltawing is irrelevant in that respect as it is allowed to race at nearly half the weight and with nor respect to any of the normal regulations and therefore is not comparable.
Old 28 May 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3080523)   #968
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
But the Judd isn't reliable or proven either, we're taking about the 3.4l V8, aren't we? And Henri has gone on record talking about how many problems that lump causes in the Dome.
Old 28 May 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3080525)   #969
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
But the Judd isn't reliable or proven either, we're taking about the 3.4l V8, aren't we? And Henri has gone on record talking about how many problems that lump causes in the Dome.
Yes but when have you heard Henri go on record saying, the engines perfect, the car is perfect, equalisation is spot on, etc etc etc
Old 28 May 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3080526)   #970
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Maybe - but its not as bad as the Aston Lump.
Old 28 May 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3080528)   #971
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
How about banning all wings?

There isn't really a lot of tech transfer in this area to production cars, so people can't really play the 'relevance' card and it would make for some radical new challenges.

I am really wondering what a non-winged prototype would look like today.
Probably much like the Delta Wing, but with a wide-track front end...

Trouble is, we can't unlearn 40-odd years of aero development. Take away the wings, and the search for downforce will just move to the underbody or some other aspect of aero development. If we banned wings tomorrow, I'll bet the resulting cars wouldn't look anything like a 917, Ferrari 512M, GT40 or Lola T70...

As for the new Pesca, yes it's ugly- but at least you won't mistake it for anything else on the track... I just hope that Judd V8 isn't the Achilles Heel- they've got enough to contend with given how little mileage it'll have before race weekend...
Old 28 May 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3080596)   #972
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surprised that I'm one of the only ones that actually likes the look of this car. I like bulky. Bulky is nice.
Old 28 May 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3080601)   #973
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Surprised that I'm one of the only ones that actually likes the look of this car. I like bulky. Bulky is nice.
I liked to
Old 28 May 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3080613)   #974
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Echo your thoughts - I have no objections to the way it looks at all (other than figuring the fin doesn't do much for it, but that's true of every LMP) and makes a refreshing change from cookie cutter customer cars.

The high nose is all a bit back to the F1 car on steroids look that we had in the early years of this century, but so long as it doesn't become too prevalent I'm happy enough with it.

Looking forward to see it stickered up and properly photographed.
Old 28 May 2012, 17:59 (Ref:3080716)   #975
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Aston's side profile was almost laughably basic when put next to any of the other prototypes, just one straight line running down the sides. Those slashes down the side help break up the profile and I can't help but think improve the aerodynamic performance.