Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Aug 2013, 06:02 (Ref:3286754)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheese Adrian Burgess to WP!!

Burgess to HRT

Are we sure it isnt April 1st??

And does this mean Mr Hallam and Mr Dowe are for the pack with Mr Burgess and Mr Nilsson joining?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Aug 2013, 06:14 (Ref:3286760)   #2
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is indeed pretty big news. Adrian is a very good operator.

HRT have been down for a long time and I think you'd be silly to bet against them staying down.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 06:17 (Ref:3286763)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
This is indeed pretty big news. Adrian is a very good operator.

HRT have been down for a long time and I think you'd be silly to bet against them staying down.
With Mr Burgess rejoining Mr Courtney, and some work being done by InnoV8 on the engine side, they have kinda transplanted 2010-spec DJR to HRT...

Old 7 Aug 2013, 06:20 (Ref:3286767)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Burgess to HRT

Are we sure it isnt April 1st??

And does this mean Mr Hallam and Mr Dowe are for the pack with Mr Burgess and Mr Nilsson joining?
Sounds like Mr Burgess may have approached WP...Here
Old 7 Aug 2013, 06:29 (Ref:3286769)   #5
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adrian Burgess sacked

Adrian Burgess has been sacked by Roland Dane for signing with HRT in 2014

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sp...-1226692857992
Old 7 Aug 2013, 06:58 (Ref:3286775)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With Mr Burgess rejoining Mr Courtney, and some work being done by InnoV8 on the engine side, they have kinda transplanted 2010-spec DJR to HRT...
On face value, given the seemingly impressive efforts HRT have made at keeping Courtney and getting Burgess onboard.... what could it all mean for Tander?
Old 7 Aug 2013, 07:34 (Ref:3286781)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Dane aint happy...
Old 7 Aug 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3286790)   #8
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Roland getting a taste of his own medicine and probably in shock that someone dare leave. Would think that many would be getting a healthy dose of satisfaction from AB walking away
HRT's demise appears to be on hold for a while.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3286796)   #9
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Roland getting a taste of his own medicine and probably in shock that someone dare leave. Would think that many would be getting a healthy dose of satisfaction from AB walking away
HRT's demise appears to be on hold for a while.
ANy chance of this making the main stream media? Doubt it... when the Skaife biffo can barely manage a whimper on the fairfax website.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3286832)   #10
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Poor sooky la la, Roland built his team the same way, just been out foxed, get over it, and move on like the other teams did when you offered better deals , tipical R Dane, tells others to get a life, but doesnt like when it happens to him.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 10:48 (Ref:3286863)   #11
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really screws up RD as as ATB was taking some of the workload off him.

Explains why JC did walk. I blame Mr Gow, all happens after his visit
Old 7 Aug 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3286880)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
not sure this is really a big deal.
Triple 8 were at the top before he got there
Old 7 Aug 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3286891)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Of interest... reported at the time, when Mr Burgess left DJR, that he informed Mr Johnson of his decision to leave the team, that the squad was apparently onnits way to Bathurst... took the wind out of some sails in the team it was said..

Drag it forward to yesterday.. The 888 crew is in Sydney doing a ride day at Eastern Creek, with presumably most of the 'travel team', who are told this morning of Mr Burgess' decision to depart

Is there a pattern here?
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:13 (Ref:3286920)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Coincidnce, I'd say.

Sometimes it's a 'now or never' decision.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3286936)   #15
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With 6 months notice period, I'm sure it was a countback from the start of next season....
Old 7 Aug 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3287042)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Of interest... reported at the time, when Mr Burgess left DJR, that he informed Mr Johnson of his decision to leave the team, that the squad was apparently onnits way to Bathurst... took the wind out of some sails in the team it was said..

Drag it forward to yesterday.. The 888 crew is in Sydney doing a ride day at Eastern Creek, with presumably most of the 'travel team', who are told this morning of Mr Burgess' decision to depart

Is there a pattern here?
I notice NRL players can announce leaving their team 6 months before.

Would think this is pretty similar. Apart from the gardening leave

The interesting thing is HRT have taken an FPR employee as well, but no gardening leave fore him.

HRT looking on the up possibly, and they need to if they want to retain the lucrative holden sponsorship
Old 7 Aug 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3287061)   #17
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the factory Holden team has poached key personnel from the #1 Holden team? Considering Roland doesn't deal well with losing and obviously has his nose out of joint, I wonder if any potential 6th manufacturers have sounded him out, or vise-versa?
Old 7 Aug 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3287074)   #18
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The interesting thing is HRT have taken an FPR employee as well, but no gardening leave fore him.
Each team to there own on this one on how they handle the departure of key personel. FPR might not be as concern about secrets or knowledge leaving as T8 would be.

Prepare for another round of HRT vs T8 like we had a couple years ago.....
Old 8 Aug 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3287086)   #19
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
So the factory Holden team has poached key personnel from the #1 Holden team? Considering Roland doesn't deal well with losing and obviously has his nose out of joint, I wonder if any potential 6th manufacturers have sounded him out, or vise-versa?
I think 888 are locked in with Holden until the end of 2015 - didn't they announce a three year deal had been struck last year with Whincup, Lowndes and Holden ?
Old 8 Aug 2013, 01:05 (Ref:3287106)   #20
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

HRT looking on the up possibly, and they need to if they want to retain the lucrative holden sponsorship
It's about protecting IP. In Burgess's position he would know just about everything in that company, including sensitive financial and contractual information about every employee and sponsor.

That's what Dane is most concerned about and it would be impossible for Burgess to operate in his current role without getting access to more information that could be used against T8.

So they either pay him to do nothing at the factory, or pay him to do nothing at home.

NRL players (and V8 drivers) wouldn't have access to that info and can be easily insulated. Plus if clubs benched every player that was leaving at the end of the year they'd struggle to field a team these days.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3287112)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Mr Nilsson is apparently on factory duties, installing lifecycle management and CAD/CAM software or similar, and is said not to be returning trackside for FPR...
Old 8 Aug 2013, 03:40 (Ref:3287142)   #22
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait for Clipsal 2014 when HRT protest the 888 cars with
the inside knowledge from AB.

Could be interesting.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 04:08 (Ref:3287147)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
"DJ Walky is wonderful" - Courtney

Lots of sucking up to the boss here...
Old 8 Aug 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3287210)   #24
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A neat little diversion.

A blind monkey could work out that this was all part of the plan to retain Courtney, and no doubt all interlinked.

Courtney re-signs, but only with his favoured team management guru and mentor.

Gow (during his recent visit) acts as the intermediary to facilitate the deal, so that each main protagonist (Courtney and Walkinshaw) can quite rightly put their hands up and deny they made any overt play for another team's star player.

This sort of thing probably doesn't impress the other HRT driver too much.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3287225)   #25
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bugger Tander.

He's been their big shot long enough.