Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Feb 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3710409)   #26
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yup! £11.50 at MK for us more mature types.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3710410)   #27
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Yup! £11.50 at MK for us more mature types.
It's probably cheaper if you are accompanied by a parent, or at least a responsible adult!
Old 6 Feb 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3710416)   #28
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It's probably cheaper if you are accompanied by a parent, or at least a responsible adult!
Are you volunteering John? If so as which of the two options?

Junior.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3710419)   #29
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Are you volunteering John? If so as which of the two options?

Junior.
The latter obviously - would s carer get in for free??
Old 6 Feb 2017, 21:21 (Ref:3710559)   #30
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
When I checked the MK site it had their standard prices (£8.50 evenings for Seniors) Maybe they are charging extra for this event, I will have to take another look. I must say it was not easy to find the prices in the first place.

'We could perhaps meet up before hand?

Bauble.
Sounds like a plan ... lets co-ordinate nearer the date - any other MK localilty Tenthers out there ?
Old 7 Feb 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3710711)   #31
Dunc6001
Rookie

Dunc6001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks good, thanks for highlighting. Sadly nearest cinema (Brighton) is a 1 hour drive so will wait for Amazon - is that Prime or DVD?
Old 7 Feb 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3710759)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't see anything on Amazon yet......
Old 7 Feb 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3710782)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I can't imagine it being released as dvd / blue ray / on prime until after the cinema showing. A quick search doesn't reveal any suggested date......
Old 8 Feb 2017, 07:44 (Ref:3710883)   #34
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The makers couldnt give me a date it would be released Mike but were hopeful that it might be on dvd/Amazon very soon after its shown in cinemas.
Old 8 Feb 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3710899)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nigerian stream is also available
Old 12 Feb 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3711738)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
If you fancy a film while waiting for 21 st of Feb . I recommend Hacksaw Ridge .
Old 13 Feb 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3711856)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Are you on commission or moonlighting as a film critic?

I hear good reports of The Lego Batman Movie also...

Now you've woken me up, better get my ticket booked for 'The Green Hell'.
Old 13 Feb 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3711891)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought this was a film about my back garden..........

(and I'm not joking! )
Old 14 Feb 2017, 22:01 (Ref:3712208)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's on in Southampton on Tuesday. I probably wouldn't have gone on my own, but my youngest is quite keen to go so looks like I'll be going to 'the pictures' next week......
Old 15 Feb 2017, 07:00 (Ref:3712302)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
looks like I'll be going to 'the pictures' next week......
'The pictures'..... Funny how slang changes through the decades. It was 'the flicks' at some point, but no idea what the young call a visit to a cinema now! Is it even a 'cinema'?
Old 15 Feb 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3712376)   #41
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just booked 7 tickets at Bracknell. Only three other people booked and I am guessing that's the MG David crew.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 12:35 (Ref:3712381)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just booked 7 tickets at Bracknell. Only three other people booked and I am guessing that's the MG David crew.
I hope you all behave yourselves- and no crunching or slurping during the film!

Quite a few booked at Norwich. I've paid £1.60 extra for a posh seat, so hopefully can vacate quickly- only a few minutes after finish to get the last train home....
Old 15 Feb 2017, 12:54 (Ref:3712388)   #43
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Quite a few booked at Norwich. I've paid £1.60 extra for a posh seat, so hopefully can vacate quickly- only a few minutes after finish to get the last train home....
Remember, no sneaking out before the end of the National Anthem, Mike!

Won't they hold the train for you?
Old 15 Feb 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3712394)   #44
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt the average age of cinema attendees in the UK will rocket on the day!

I'll wait until it comes on 'normal telly' for free.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3712419)   #45
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Remember, no sneaking out before the end of the National Anthem, Mike!

Won't they hold the train for you?
National Anthem! Oh, my goodness, do they still play that at the end?????

And I doubt it very much!
Old 15 Feb 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3712422)   #46
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
'The pictures'..... Funny how slang changes through the decades. It was 'the flicks' at some point, but no idea what the young call a visit to a cinema now! Is it even a 'cinema'?
I'd ask my son what it's called nowadays, but then I might be better off to send him the question by text message. The youth of today also appear to have lost the ability to talk or make simple conversation...
Old 15 Feb 2017, 22:16 (Ref:3712469)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

I'm not sure what the turnout will be in Southampton, but my lad (who is treating me.... ) tells me he bought some of the last 'posh' seats....
Old 16 Feb 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3712616)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There's a review in today Autosport magazine. Interestingly it says it omits the return of world championship in the WTCC and a few other details too. Still I'll give it a go if not in the cinema, certainly when it comes out on DVD
Old 20 Feb 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3713268)   #49
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Sounds like a plan ... lets co-ordinate nearer the date - any other MK localilty Tenthers out there ?
I do not know the venue, so have arranged to meet a friend at a nearby McDonalds, as this should be fairly easy to find, at 7.30pm so if you want to say hello look out for my Bauble badge. Or two older gentlemen, though I suspect there will be a lot of us of a similar age lurking about.

Bob.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3713293)   #50
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meanwhile, up in God's own country - so the locals keep telling me - I shall be partaking of McDonalds' finest coffee to keep me awake well past my bedtime. The establishment is almost around the corner from the Leeds/Bradford Odeon, and if you see a lonely old man there from from 7.30 also, do take pity on him and possibly join in his misery.