Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Mar 2017, 19:09 (Ref:3720040)   #126
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few photos from Saturday

23a_39 by Chris, on Flickr

As has already been said - driver was OK
23a_38 by Chris, on Flickr

23a_30 by Chris, on Flickr

23a_29 by Chris, on Flickr

23a_27 by Chris, on Flickr

23a_20 by Chris, on Flickr

23a_12 by Chris, on Flickr

23a_9 by Chris, on Flickr

23a_42 by Chris, on Flickr

Old 20 Mar 2017, 07:23 (Ref:3720109)   #127
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
What a meeting. I guess Peter had a good time and didn't let his technical troubles spoil his weekend.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3720120)   #128
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
C'mon then, more stories please! I was in a wet and windswept quarry in the Lake District and missed the live stream. What happened to Paul, it wasn't PMO200 was it?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 20 Mar 2017, 08:59 (Ref:3720122)   #129
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the quality of the live streaming was excellent, although the revolving 75 every time a graphic was displayed was somewhat annoying!

I appreciated that the circuit is far bigger, but LMC could learn a thing or two by watching the Goodwood broadcast.....
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 20 Mar 2017, 09:03 (Ref:3720124)   #130
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hasn't Goodwood always been a model for LMC?
Midgetman you can find some races on y-tub'. You probably will appreciate the Midget's race… Hairy!
Peter, you first comments please ?
Old 20 Mar 2017, 09:39 (Ref:3720128)   #131
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
The live stream is superb.

SF Edge race was great, and the 250 Fancy Fiat sounds sublime.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3720132)   #132
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I didn't catch much of the live stream but it was excellent as previously. The races will all be on their YouTube channel so hopefully can catch up on the odd one. Thank you Goodwood for continuing FTA coverage of your meetings, and setting an example to many other major sporting events!

Old 20 Mar 2017, 10:48 (Ref:3720145)   #133
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FTA is really the way to go if you want to build the brand. People talk about GW all year, more than F1 behind the pay wall! GW is a great example of how to get your name in front of lots of eyes, which gets the turnstiles flying round. People who I think have no interest in motor sport talk to me about the Revival and more.

Old 20 Mar 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3720151)   #134
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I watched as much of the live streaming as possible over the weekend and thought it was brilliant.
Hats off to the whole team and Goodwood themselves for providing this for us.
I wonder if the new owners of Formula One have seen any of this, it's a great example of how to promote your events...
Old 20 Mar 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3720161)   #135
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I wonder if the new owners of Formula One have seen any of this, it's a great example of how to promote your events...
Stop it- Your humour kills me.....! (Metaphorically speaking )

AFAIK, and happy to be corrected, I would add WRC, WEC, IMSA and Moto GP at least to the list.... (Although unofficial streams exist for some. )
Old 20 Mar 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3720170)   #136
midgetman
Veteran

WEC is streamed on its own site i thought. I am sure MinIMM watches it, i don't know if he pays or not.

We watched the Daytona 24 on IMSA.com

Old 20 Mar 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3720176)   #137
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
WEC is streamed on its own site i thought. I am sure MinIMM watches it, i don't know if he pays or not.

We watched the Daytona 24 on IMSA.com

Thought WEC is subs (Espec LM), and watched Daytona (plus Sebring on the w/end) on yootoob. Maybe I didn't need to......
Old 20 Mar 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3720180)   #138
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Live streaming was brilliant all weekend - lost it briefly a couple of times but pretty certain that was connection at my end. All made more enjoyable by listening to the familiar voice of a member of my family far more knowledgeable than I am.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 20 Mar 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3720182)   #139
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Surely the streaming gives significantly more exposure which in turn helps keep advertisers and sponsors happy.

Quite a few F1 cars without major sponsors . . . .
Old 20 Mar 2017, 13:55 (Ref:3720184)   #140
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the WEC streaming is about 35 Euros for all 9 races and qualifying sessions this year. Not bad value really.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 14:44 (Ref:3720191)   #141
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thought WEC is subs (Espec LM), and watched Daytona (plus Sebring on the w/end) on yootoob. Maybe I didn't need to......
Maybe I'm just freeloading on his subscription for once. Nice to be of an age where I get my own back! Oh hang on, we watched LM on Eurosport as part of our BT package.

I honestly don't know is if it was a paid for stream or not TBH.

Yes I have never been able to understand why BCE was so against F1 publicising itself to the wider world. It's what the sponsors want, more exposure. As I said above, GW certainly makes the turnstiles click round. And their social marketing campaign won't hurt that.

Old 20 Mar 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3720197)   #142
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Mike, I apologise for metaphorically fatally straining your chuckle muscles. (Can you tell I've seen Sir Ken Dodd perform recently?)
Old 20 Mar 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3720211)   #143
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Live streaming was brilliant all weekend - lost it briefly a couple of times but pretty certain that was connection at my end. All made more enjoyable by listening to the familiar voice of a member of my family far more knowledgeable than I am.
They've got a cracking team to do the commentary and interviews. As you say, makes it even more enjoyable!
Old 20 Mar 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3720235)   #144
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Peter must be in deep troubles with his Rover's engine. He was much slower in the straight than a Golf GTI. The flag man seems to play hide and seek with competitors nerves.
Lol. Only problem was the driver. I was somewhat slower than in testing and frankly I don't know why except I kept short shifting and only realised towards the end of the sprint yesterday. Possibly a legacy of qualifying when I only did 4 greasy laps. Full report to follow but had a great scrap with a mini in the sprint race.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3720241)   #145
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent couple of days although distinctly breezy with very occasional blue sky and sunshine. Lots of photos taken - will post link to some later.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3720247)   #146
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Peter, we all have enough experience to see (not to do for me!) what's happening. The Golf performance "surprised" many people and one Capri driver finishing 3rd said it to the excellent speaker. During qually you got briefly the pole when the track was wet. So drivers/chassis are good. Then you slowly went down on the classification sheet when the track was getting dry. Same combination of driver/chassis but the engine does matter.
As to the level of driving when I see were Raphaƫl, Ric Wood, Berger and Soper for instance arrived the words highly competitive are few.
Congratulations for your weekend. Honest.

Last edited by Gerard C; 20 Mar 2017 at 17:46.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 14:45 (Ref:3720418)   #147
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event...--Meeting.html

Our report is online.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 01:07 (Ref:3720511)   #148
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

AFAIK, and happy to be corrected, I would add WRC, WEC, IMSA and Moto GP at least to the list.... (Although unofficial streams exist for some. )
WRC and WEC (and presumably MotoGP) are behind a paywall. IMSA is free. Along with ELMS, Blancpain, F3, Formula Renault, European GT4, IndyCar practice and support races, occasional Aussie races, etc...most of those archived on YouTube too, so you don't have to watch live.

I was at Sebring over the weekend and the whole race was already online before I got home!
Old 22 Mar 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3720556)   #149
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I was at Sebring over the weekend and the whole race was already online before I got home!
Lucky you- looked like warmer and drier than Goodwood! I now remember why I watch the streams via yootoob- no ad breaks.

Anyway, we digress.....
Old 22 Mar 2017, 06:32 (Ref:3720557)   #150
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Anyway, we digress.....
yep, you should about be in the truck heading for Jarama...