Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 May 2003, 15:21 (Ref:587543)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pics from LM PQ & Scrutineering

On the Official Le Mans site, there are some images from Scrutineering today...and I noticed a couple of things...

R&S looks like they have streamlined the engine cowling in the back and their front tray looks much different than what they have been running...since the car is black and details are not easily seen in other bodywork areas, I didn't notice other differences...

If these changes are not new, let me know...but I didn't notice them before today's pics...

I think the key inspection will happen tomorrow...when Pescarolo rolls through the line with their interpretation of the "endplates" as they relate to the "bodywork extensions" and what the inspectors think about that interpretation...

If you see other changes to cars, please point them out, since they will probably post lots of photos from this weekend...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 2 May 2003, 15:29 (Ref:587558)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One other R&S change...lok at the back area where their front fenders meet the side pods...they look raised and pointed, when they were sloped downward and belnded into the sidepod area before...

Old 2 May 2003, 15:59 (Ref:587605)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With regards to the endplates, I read at the end of last year that teams could run a current spec wing or a 2004 spec wing which is lower but has the endplates attatched to the bodywork.
Old 2 May 2003, 16:02 (Ref:587608)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Wasn't aware of that....but aren't the 2004 wings a lot smaller in surface area (as much as 25% smaller if I remember correctly) if the endplates/body extensions are used???

Pescarolo doesn't look like they are running a smaller wing....

Please clarify or correct me....I'm not nearly as well-versed on teh 2004 changes as a should be, but I do remember the wings being smaller...

Old 2 May 2003, 18:03 (Ref:587775)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/news.html

Some info hear on the Pescarolo car.

Just looking at the Pescarolo Courage pictures and it really seems to be pushing the boat out with new innovations to beat the dominant Audis and Bentleys. The 'innovative' rear wing features a double element rear wing, are these legal in 2004 and have they always been legal. The rear wheel arches also seem to be sperate from the rest of the bodywork.

It seems after a few years of sticking to traditional sportscar aerodynamics and building clone Audis Bentley, Lister, Courage, Pescarolo and the like are making radical looking cars and taking inspiration from the latest F1 cars. Sports-prototypes have always been the most interesting cars visually in my opinion and they seem to be getting sleeker and better looking as it year passes.

Last edited by JAG; 2 May 2003 at 18:07.
Old 2 May 2003, 18:26 (Ref:587813)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
That double wing configuration has been in place the past couple of years, hasn't it???

And if I remember from the 2004 regs and the appendices, the double wing is in place for 2004, but I wouldn't bet my paycheck on it...