Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 28 Mar 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3521091)   #1
Shakespeare
Rookie

Shakespeare should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look for Long Marston Rallycross history

Hi thank you for allowing me to join the forum. I'm currently researching information regarding seventies and eighties Rallypoint, later to become Rallycross events held at Stratford Upon Avon's Long Marston Airfield for a book I would like to put together outlining all the different motor sports which has taken place there.

I'm also looking for any Stage Rally information, dates, results etc organsied by the local Evesham and Cheltenham Motor Clubs would be appreciated as well.

My background with Long Marston Airfield goes back to 1973 with my involvement, and still is with drag racing as racing manager for Shakespeare County Raceway as well as being employed 7 days a week by the airfield looking after other events which takes place there.

I have been buying up as many Autosports and copies of Motoring News with reports, results, previews and photos from the staged for ATV Sunday Sport Rallypoint programmes to the Castrol sponsored National Rallycross Series.

What I would like to compile first is a list of all these events that were staged by the Owen Motoring Club with Oliver Speight and Richard Hudson Evans at the helm.

If anyone can help with the loan or scanned copies of programmes (there's not many about), reports, photos or anything to help me build a bigger picture it would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone has in there rallycross collections any of these items you can get in touch with me at quartermilenewsmakers@yahoo.co.uk or enquiries@shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk.

A friend of mine has just released an in depth book about the Custom Car Show circuit from the fifties to the late eighties and it took him nearly seven years to research so I know its going to take some time to compile all of the information required!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jeremy