Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Apr 2016, 17:29 (Ref:3635473)   #39
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Were you at the track? I was watching the stream, and it was the only subject of conversation for not only the last ten minutes of the race, but also for most of the post-race coverage and RLM's post-race podcast.

It sounded like a mountain was being made out of a molehill with regards to VdG pushing so hard in his stint, but the central point from Jones/Goodwin was understandable - that there were a couple of moments when Giedo put the comfortably leading #38 in a more dangerous position than it needed to be in his quest to set the overall fastest lap. But the comparison they made to the argy-bargy at the end of last year's race did not hold for me. In that case Lancaster needed a stern talking to at the very least, whereas a quick word with Van der Garde would suffice.
Yeah I was at the race, though I'll be honest I haven't heard any of the post-race podcasts or anything. I'm not surprised it was a topic of conversation though, it was a bit unnecessary.
Having said that, VDG is a quality driver, easily capable of holding it together.
But yes, Dolan may want to have a quiet word