Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Jun 2003, 22:08 (Ref:633585)   #1
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tvr

can someone tell me what happened to TVR at Le Mans, and could someone post a complete listing of final results please.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 23:00 (Ref:633627)   #2
TuscanR
Racer

England
Hertfordshire
TuscanR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 91 (the one with Rob Barff) got punted up the rear on the first or second lap which broke the suspension and put them out, The second TVR had a prop shaft failure during the night. Sorry i couldn't be more detailed but I hope it helps
Old 17 Jun 2003, 00:30 (Ref:633674)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And here are the offical final results. http://www.lemans.org/2003/24auto/pa...ments_gb.shtml
Old 17 Jun 2003, 07:06 (Ref:633818)   #4
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 91 car ended up losing an arguement with the wall on the outside of the Porsche curves while Stanton was driving. The car suffered heavy damage to the rear right corner. Stanton attributed the off the the dmage received from the contact as described by TuscanR. The sad thing is that the team reckoned the car was fixable, but Richard just couldn't make it driveable. From the TV pics, I reckon the driveshaft had probably gone AWOL. The 92 car retired somewhere between the Mulsanne and Indianapolis just after midnight. Big shame really, the cars weren't mega-fast, but the 92 was holding it's own and looked and sounded very healthy till the prop went. If they continue developing the car, I'm sure they'll give Porsche a scare next year.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 09:07 (Ref:633887)   #5
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks, thats a pitty, the car looked great, and thanks for the final listings.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 17:24 (Ref:634560)   #6
chris24
Rookie

chris24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,
I was talking to Richard Hay on Saturday evening, and he said that the 91 car was nudged off by a Prototype. He also said that the car recieved more damage from the recovery vehicle than from when they hit the wall. To start with the fork lift truck ran over the front of the car, it then dragged it backwards into a post whilst pulling it back off the track. Nice !