Australia
Brisbane
Damo74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nakajima Faster than Alonso?

Fastest laps of Brazillian GP

5th Nakajima 1.13.116

6th Alonso 1.13.150

7th Rosberg 1.13.159

Now I know that he ran over some people, but other than that, I thought he was impressive. He passed more cars on the track than anyone else, except Hamilton and his fastest lap was quicker than the worls champs and his teammates.

Hopefully not a one off drive.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 11:53 (Ref:2047779)   #2
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite his pit lane mishap I thought he did rather well this weekend. He certainly provided some action.

Will be interesting to see if Williams promote him next season to a race seat rather than just testing.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 12:02 (Ref:2047802)   #3
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think he'd be better off testing next season. He's obviously fast, but his pitlane error shows he's probably not really ready to move into F1 yet. Another season as test driver would probably benefit him, but if Toyota want to push him into a race seat I'm sure they can do that.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 22 Oct 2007, 12:03 (Ref:2047805)   #4
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read somewhere (perhaps Autosport, I don't have a link) that Sam Michaels was really unimpressed with his qualifying performance but that his race performance more than made up for that and more. Michaels also said that Nakajima would be in an F1 pilot in the future - but how soon in the future he couldn't tell.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 12:15 (Ref:2047817)   #5
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That lap came during the closing laps with no presure whatsoever and on supersofts, great lap nevertheless but I think that was pretty much the only thing he impressed with in a point-worthy car. He didnt represent the slightest threat to his team-mate, well off the pace on saturday, finished like a minute down on Rosberg on Sunday, plus had some questionable moves during the race (altho i think the clash with DC was clearly something DC shoulda appologize for, an abolsolute dumbo move by the Scot)

All in all, Yamamoto had the 7th fastest race lap here in 2006 with an underdeveloped Super-Aguri car, allegedly being the 2nd fastest guy of the whole field in the 2nd sector during the race, yet, something tells me it would be a mistake judging him based on that lap. If anything, he was rather slow in Interlagos this year (to be fair, there is not much to do when someone joins the race-line from the grass ahead of you like Fisichella did...trully a penalty material but thats another thread)
Old 22 Oct 2007, 12:27 (Ref:2047830)   #6
Damo74
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Damo74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All good points.

We will just have to wait and see if he can cut the mustard.