Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 12 Jun 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3548215)   #1
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nissan thread

Because a couple people who don't like the car want to come by and stir up ****, the thread that has been averaging the most posts per day for the last year is locked during the event it is all leading up to?

All that does is give the haters a big win over the people who are interested in the car and want to talk about it.

Seems like a pretty backwards approach to me.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 00:09 (Ref:3548230)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a shame but it really had got out of hand and the discussion had been totally spoiled. It's the right decision to close it, especially with half the mod team at Le Mans.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 02:34 (Ref:3548248)   #3
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's basically the only thread I post in anymore. That and the occasional thread about what's screwed-up with F1.

I used to post at five different racing forums. Now just this one, and basically just one thread in this one, because all that's left of my interest in auto racing is down to one car. Other than that car, the sport I fell in love with in 1967 is unrecognizable to me.

Maybe it's just time to move on.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 04:34 (Ref:3548264)   #4
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatanut View Post
All that does is give the haters a big win over the people who are interested in the car and want to talk about it.
To be fair, IMHO, I think both extremes (superfans and haters) turned it into open warfare. Both groups made it hard for others to discuss both the positive and negative aspects without using those as triggers for more conflict. Also given how it was locked, I can expect there is a strong potential for the same to happen to this thread.

The race is imminent so I can live with that one thread being locked until after the race. There is already a race thread in the Le Mans sub forum for people to live post over the weekend. So there is a place to talk assuming people can tone it down and it doesn't get out of control.

Richard
Old 13 Jun 2015, 05:30 (Ref:3548270)   #5
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is pretty comical to start a new thread about one that has been locked, which I'm sure will turn into the same thing as the locked thread.

I will say, and I'm sure I'm not alone, the constant back and forth bickering on the thread was very off putting to read. Pages and pages of basically just a few people repeatedly insulting each other, back and forth.

I'm very interested in the Nissan project and would like to see them do well. They are not in any way prepared this year but I wish them luck in the future.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 22:27 (Ref:3550516)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nissan thread

It needed to be closed unfortunately.

As commented on above, it is wrong to say it is the haters alone that caused it to be closed it is the extreme unfriendly posting of those with many different views.

I would like to discuss this interesting topic. However I fear I'd be pounced upon by 'both sides' if I expressed them. What a poor situation.

Many have, including mods, requested some back away from this aggressive posting. Now the thread is closed.
It will reopen, but a break is probably a good thing.