Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Oct 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1423954)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC Silly Season 2006

Whoops, my shot last year was a bit iffy:

Quote:
Team: Vauxhall Motorsport
Car: Vauxhall Astra (New Shape)
Driver 1. Yvan Muller
Driver 2. Shaun Watson-Smith
Driver 3. Michael Bentwood

Team: Seat Sport UK
Car: Seat Toledo Cupra
Driver 1. Jason Plato
Driver 2. Rob Huff
Driver 3. > Seat Cupra championship winner <

Team: West Surrey Racing
Car: Ford Mondeo ST220
Driver 1: Anthony Reid
Driver 2: Colin Turkington
Driver 3: Kelvin Burt

Team: Vic Lee Racing
Car: Vauxhall Astra (Old Shape)
Driver 1: Dan Eaves
Driver 2: Stefan Hodgetts

Team: Team Dynamics
Car: MG-ZS
Driver 1: Matt Neal
Driver 2: Gareth Howell

Team: GA Motorsport
Car: Vauxhall Astra (Old shape)
Driver 1: Carl Breeze
Driver 2: Paul O'Neill

Team: Arena Motorsport
Car: Honda Civic Type-R
Driver 1: Tom Chilton

Team: TTR Motorsport
Car: Mercedes SLR-McLaren
Driver 1: John Cleland
Driver 2: Tim Harvey
A better go for 2006?

Team Dynamics
Car: Honda Integra Type-R
Drivers: Neal, Eaves, Howell

VX Racing
Car: Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch
Drivers: Muller, Reid, Leggate

Arena Motorsport
Car: Honda Accord Euro-R
Drivers: Chilton, Pickford

Tech-Speed (VX Jnr)
Car: Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch
Driver: O'Neill

Fast-tec
Car: Seat Toledo Cupra
Driver: Mark Proctor

Speed Equipe
Drivers: Williams, Curley

Daniels Motorsport
Car: Vauxhall Astra Coupé
Drivers: Neate, Boardman

Ayles Motorsport
Driver: Stefan Hodgetts

GA Motorsport
Car: Alfa Romeo 156 S2000
Driver: Jamie Spence
Old 4 Oct 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1424026)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
A better go for 2006?

Speed Equipe
Drivers: Williams, Curley

Ayles Motorsport
Driver: Stefan Hodgetts
I would be doubt anyone will buy the Civics. BTC-Tourer regs only have next year to run and I would be surprised if they were given an extension, even in the hands of independents. Buy one now and in twelve months time you'll have a very large and very expensive paper-weight.
Old 4 Oct 2005, 23:16 (Ref:1424046)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the Lexus will be around next year, prehaps more than just 2 of them
Old 5 Oct 2005, 06:15 (Ref:1424165)   #4
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
BTC-Tourer regs only have next year to run and I would be surprised if they were given an extension, even in the hands of independents. Buy one now and in twelve months time you'll have a very large and very expensive paper-weight.
Atleast you can run those in Germany or ATCC.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1424178)   #5
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker
Atleast you can run those in Germany or ATCC.

However the most important is manufacturer interested to market
I don't think asian driver would spent 70000+ EUR to buy these car
all the S2000s in ATCC is in factory support.......SP still very popular
Old 5 Oct 2005, 08:39 (Ref:1424236)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any reason why Synchro aren't on the list? And I can't see a team running as VX Junior running O'Neill - they've seen what he can do. Has Reid been linked to VX, is Turkington on the move?
Old 5 Oct 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1424292)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sorry to say there isn't much right with that list, here is my throughts on next year.

I think that Team Dymanics will run the Integra's again next year but they will be re-worked cars, as Matt Neal said on TTT last night the Gareth Howell car was a bit of a prototype for next years car, but they could come back with the Accord and start working towards 2007. It also worth remembering that Mike Jordan and Eurotech are in the running to buy one of this years cars.

As for VX they will be back with Colin Turkington, who I think is on a 2 year contract, as for Yvan Muller, I understand there is a deal on the table for him, but he has also been linked to the WTCC and a private Seat. As for VX Racing's 3rd driver it will be who ever bring along the biggest pot off cash.

Tech-speed will be back and I think they will be back with the bio-enthonal Astra and I would think that Fiona Leggate will be the driver again, but it would be great to see Owy back in car.

I can't see Arena or Tom Chilton coming back as they are off to the LMES and Le Mans with Zytek. As Mark Proctor said over the weekend he will be back with a better car, they know what they want its just a matter of getting hold of it. Synchro will be back with James Kaye, if they are not I would be very suprised.

Speedequipe will be back with Ian Curley and Richard Williams, now I was under the impression that they where going off to develop the Lexus over the winter, so news that the cars are for sale came as a bit of a shock. It looks as if Xero Competiton are going to be on the grid with 2 Lexus.

Daniels Motorsport will join in with the Astra and Andy Neate, but I can't see Tom Boardman driving for them if he is in the BTCC his own team will run him in one of this year's Seat's.

That brings me on to the works Seat's it says in today's Motorsport News that Seat will decided in the next month if they are going to be in the BTCC again, if they are then it will be with the new Leon and I would expected Jason Plato to be joined by James Pickford and again who ever bring along the biggest pot of cash.

It also says in todays Motorsport news that GA are looking to run, wait for it an Astra Coupe and Jamie Spence will be driver, so it looks like they have finally given up with the Alfa. As for Gary Alyes he say's he will be back but we will see what happen's there.

Then there is the MG situation, Jason Hughes says he is going to do a full year again, I think with the MG but it will be with uprated engine which has been in the WSR cars for the last 2 years. As for WSR, i'm not sure what's happening there, there have been rummour's about them runing Kia's or going back to single seaters, but if that doesn't come off then they will be back in BTCC with MG for sure.

As Rob Collard i'm sure he will be out in the BTCC again, where i'm not sure, but if WSR return with an MG I would expect to see him in the car. I know that Reidy would love to back in BTCC and I did see him in the paddock Sunday, where he fits into the picture I am not sure.

I would also expect to see TCR on the grid next year with Jonthan Adam. HTML are looking to join in the fun next year. It is also worth remembering that John George said he would be back with a Gas Powered car, a possible link up with Mardi Gras again.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1424489)   #8
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Isn't this a bit similar to my thread?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74294
Old 5 Oct 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1424668)   #9
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
Isn't this a bit similar to my thread?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74294
I knew there was something like it somewhere, just this is more 'silly season' exactly.

Hence why my list isn't very realistic rdjones. Very few facts fuel my list! If you want confirmed and rumoured for 2006 it goes pretty much like this:

Vauxhall - Car: Astra Sport Hatch
Drivers: Unknown, probably Muller + 2

Team Dynamics - Car: Honda Integra Type-R
Drivers: Neal, and most certainly Eaves & Howell

Fast-tec - Car: Unknown
Driver: Mark Proctor

Speed Equipe - Car: Unknown
Drivers: Unknown

Daniels - Car: Astra Coupé
Driver: Andy Neate

Syncho Motorsport - Car: Unknown, possibly Integra
Driver: James Kaye

Bit dull (also, why I missed out Synchro earlier...I forgot!)