Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Jul 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2724586)   #26
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Does anyone want to start discussion about today's race or are we using spoilers until tomorrow?
Spoilers are for South Americans of South Cone only, who have to wait until 2:30 AM of Sunday to see (or program to save) the race, but I know the results of todays results anyways.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 23:33 (Ref:2724605)   #27
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With all due respect if you didnt want to know the results why would you read the thread about the race your trying to advoid?
Old 11 Jul 2010, 02:55 (Ref:2724659)   #28
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't have problems to know the results before the races will be broadcasted.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2724751)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Cracking race today, I think there's much to discuss from both rounds, including for those who watched the Eurosport coverage, the lamentable race direction that made Martin Haven, Jonny Kane and Tom Gaymor's efforts seem even better than normal!!

Several key passes were missed, resulting in the need for replays, which in turn meant even more efforts or passes were missed!

A real tour de force from Sergio Perez this morning, hopefully he can string a run together now, there's still time although me consident Maldonado will need a couple of bad races.

So what does everyone think about this weekend's action?
Old 11 Jul 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2724761)   #30
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a lot cleaner than last time out as well for both races as well as the safety car at the mo has stayed put in the pit-lane. I liking this new look Silverstone track.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2725058)   #31
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Why are GP2 introducing a new car that uses the same tubs as the current car when everyone is stuggling for budget? It means teams need to buy all new bodywork, get tubs modified for the larger head safety area.
Because GP2 is a business to fill the pockets of certain people. So they like to talk about cost cutting, but not if it affects their income.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2725687)   #32
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Speed-freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Cracking race today, I think there's much to discuss from both rounds, including for those who watched the Eurosport coverage, the lamentable race direction that made Martin Haven, Jonny Kane and Tom Gaymor's efforts seem even better than normal!!

Several key passes were missed, resulting in the need for replays, which in turn meant even more efforts or passes were missed!

A real tour de force from Sergio Perez this morning, hopefully he can string a run together now, there's still time although me consident Maldonado will need a couple of bad races.

So what does everyone think about this weekend's action?
Love the new track, I thought some of the driving was better than we have seen of late, and felt a bit sorry for Bird as a british driver having his engine go up in smoke. All in all Silverstone threw up a good couple of races.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2725697)   #33
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Cracking sprint race from Perez. Hopefully he can mount a string of race wins and turn this championship around otherwise it will be a boring season. Bird once again unlucky. Hope his luck turns around. Ericsson was a disappointment.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2725959)   #34
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the thing that always makes me wonder with perez is how he can manage to drive his socks off one race and then just drive a perfectly standard race the next. i'm sure it's nothing that is his fault though.

he got a really good reaction from the crowd for winning, it was good to see and hear people appreciate a good race!
Old 13 Jul 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2726114)   #35
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
According to Perez the car set up was still not ideal for the feasture race but worked on the set up for the sprint from what they learned and got it right enough tobe lapping a second faster than the next guy. In Valencia he had a bent exhaust from the start so that was that. If he has a clean race no one can catch him.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 21:14 (Ref:2726297)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Interesting peralta, it does seem that if Perez gets round the first lap of a race he is going to be a contender for a win with Addax.

His performance on Sunday was more like what we would've expected from Hamilton, Rosberg and Hulkenberg in ART cars of years gone by!!!! He was pedalling a right rocket ship!!

d'Ambrosio impressed me on Saturday, until his error coming onto the national straight. I really think that he would've benefited from driving for a team other than DAMS this season as I believe he is championship material in the right car/team.

Someone who did surprise me for the wrong reasons was Valerio. how can someone go from brilliant winner in one of the races at Silverstone last year to complete also ran the next?
Old 13 Jul 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2726321)   #37
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Someone who did surprise me for the wrong reasons was Valerio. how can someone go from brilliant winner in one of the races at Silverstone last year to complete also ran the next?
He was excellent last year, but he's never been brilliant generally. It's worth bearing in mind that he was driving with the team that is now leading the championship, whereas this year he is driving for a team that has always been an also-ran.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 02:43 (Ref:2726376)   #38
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I'm impressed with Maldonado in how much he has matured making few mistakes but you have to wonder if 4 years in the series will hamper his move up to F1 like ii did to Pantano. I hear that the Venezuelan president is pushing for him to go to F1. Wonder how many seats will be available next year.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 12:14 (Ref:2727081)   #39
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
I'm impressed with Maldonado in how much he has matured making few mistakes but you have to wonder if 4 years in the series will hamper his move up to F1 like ii did to Pantano. I hear that the Venezuelan president is pushing for him to go to F1. Wonder how many seats will be available next year.
Maldonado will be in F1 next year. He will have more money than Pantano did in 2008/2009. A Sauber seat would not surprise me.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2727097)   #40
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm mad because Perez destroyed Pic's feature race!!!
Old 15 Jul 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2727103)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah i felt a bit sorry for pic too, didn't perez clip him on the way past or something?
Old 15 Jul 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2727111)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
yeah i felt a bit sorry for pic too, didn't perez clip him on the way past or something?
Yes I think so, initially it was thought van der Garde was at fault but he was a bit further up the road than Pic at that time.

Perez was lucky not to get penalised in that case, mind you people who've shioved him aside have got off scott free so far this season so maybe the stewards are being lenient?
Old 20 Jul 2010, 21:09 (Ref:2729814)   #43
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Speed-freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Maldonado will be in F1 next year. He will have more money than Pantano did in 2008/2009. A Sauber seat would not surprise me.
Sauber could do with the money no doubt.