Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Jul 2010, 17:50 (Ref:2733500)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Giedo says his car suffers from an underperforming engine. Why don't they change it? Or are there rules who say that's not allowed.
show us stats that will prove that from the straight line speeds, and we'll believe it. until then it's worth about as much as the empty crisp packet on my desk
if it wasn't allowed to change it, it's easy enough to break it... sounds a bit suspect to me!
Old 26 Jul 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2733648)   #27
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Perez team mate Geido like Mortara before him is lacking confidence
Old 27 Jul 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2734271)   #28
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Giedo says his car suffers from an underperforming engine. Why don't they change it? Or are there rules who say that's not allowed.
Underperforming compared to his team mate? Hmmm there are two ways to see this I suppose

So what is the final verdict on the d'Ambrosio situation? Did Grosjean proved that DAMS is innocent?
Old 28 Jul 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2734495)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
Underperforming compared to his team mate? Hmmm there are two ways to see this I suppose

So what is the final verdict on the d'Ambrosio situation? Did Grosjean proved that DAMS is innocent?
Well I felt Giedo would be a genuine title contender this season, but ultimately not at Perez' level. I've only bee correct on one of those two points.

I agree with the engine sentiments expressed. If the engine was rubbish there are ways to ensure Barwa can get another one surely by Giedo going out and doing something to ensure it doesn't wotk at all!!

Unless these lumps are 'un-blowupable'

I think that Grosjean proved categorically he's a racer and that the F1 things wasn't his fault. I really would've liked to see how he would be doing against Kubica had he kept his seat at Enstone this season. I don't think anyone would disagree Grosjean is miles better than Petrov?

Hockenheim was only one race, but I think we would know for sure whether DAMS' problem is drivers or engineering if Romain gets another crack this weekend or at Spa?
Old 28 Jul 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2734530)   #30
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't think we can judge on the grosjean/d'ambrosio dams thing until d'ambrosio returns. if he's still slow... well there's the answer. if he just needed a size seven up the backside then that could well have been it.

i have to say i was impressed by grosjean, it was the old style grosjean we used to see in f3, the one that actually had a bit of fight!
Old 28 Jul 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2734726)   #31
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well just read Giedo is getting a new engine this weekend so I guess we gonna find out if it helps him or not. So far he dissapointed a bit but last season his second half of the season was also much better than the first, so let's wait and see. Perez is doing a good job, Giedo should be able to close in on him. There both fine drivers.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2734778)   #32
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Unless these lumps are 'un-blowupable'
Bet that a team owner or two would have a laugh at this. Unfortunatelly we all know this is far from true. Mind you the situation seems much worse in GP3, engines down on power are not rare at all.

What I really like about Grosjean this year is that he raced three series and he was a stand out in all. Of course one might argue the talent level in FIA GT or AutoGP but one the other hand the guy doing well everywhere he races kind of dismisses the rumors about his GP2 engines etc. The guy badly deserves another chance in F1. Having said that I am not so sure about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I don't think anyone would disagree Grosjean is miles better than Petrov?
I quite like Petrov, he learns, learns, learns and already in relative terms he is doing better even than the Hulk. Made me lose a bet this Russian but I am quite ok with that.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2734814)   #33
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I predict Perez will win the championship despite the deficit.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2734830)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Maldonado will need another couple of non scores or at least a couple of poor results for that to happen and based on his hitherto unseen consistency this year I can't see it.

It will make cracking viewing to see Perez and perhaps one or two others trying to close that deficit down though that's for sure!

Talking of Maldonado, his teammate Razia seems to have sunk without trace after a pretty decent fist few races? Getting involved in silly accidents, although not always his fault.

Another driver I don't get at the moment is Vietoris. one weekend he's really on it, maybe even quicker than Clos and then the next 2 he's simply average? Like Silverstone compared to last weekend for example.

First season trials and tribulations maybe as Perez was often up and down last year?

Also back to Ericcson - he really charged last weekend, Filippi was nowhere in comparison and with his experince one would have expected Luca to be closer to the limit of the cars by now. Maybe Marcus will get a gig with ART next season or something.

Now what would one Adam Carroll have done with such a car....
Old 29 Jul 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2735149)   #35
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
I quite like Petrov, he learns, learns, learns and already in relative terms he is doing better even than the Hulk. Made me lose a bet this Russian but I am quite ok with that.
my thoughts exactly! and i think eric boullier is a fantastic team boss as well, he seems to be handling the issue of petrov's "underperformance" (oh plz. he's barely had a chance to drive the thing, of course he's going to get gravel in it a few times..) perfectly. as a result, i think hockenheim showed that it works - though the pits-car radio when his engineer was shouting at him was brilliant
Old 29 Jul 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2735230)   #36
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I am also impressed with Eric Boullier in the same wAy I was with Horner young and getting everything and everyone in place to make a successful team. Getting back to GP2 what does everyone think of Cecotto. I believe he is a star in the making. He just needs a good team behind him
Old 29 Jul 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2735248)   #37
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
boullier seems to know exactly how to get the best from a driver and how to motivate them as well. it would be interesting to know whether he's the same with the rest of his team.

regarding cecotto... seems like the sort of driver who might have benefitted from a quiet few years in fr3.5! he's only young isn't he? his debut was monza last year?
Old 29 Jul 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2735443)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Cecotto seems quick although he hasn't shone like he did on his debut last year. I think we can only start to judge him properly next season should he continue?

Back to Petrov for a mo, he impressed me greatly in his final season of GP2 lasy year and also in the first couple of F1 rounds this year. Of late he's suffered the fate of all F1 newbies - no testing but he's no worse than fellow graduates and full season debutants Di Grassi or arguably Kobayashi,/ All three have shown real pace at certain rounds - another good advert for GP2!

However, he's still not a potential ace in my book but could become a seasoned solid campaigner given the chance.

Back to this season, Ocean showed once again in the last race that they are struggling. Leimer has only shown pace a couple of times and running two series novices can't help but you can't help but wonder what Parente would be doing if he still had a seat there?

Hey Tiago, bring him back in for a couple of races to gee up Max and Fabio!!