Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Mar 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2429215)   #101
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally View Post
Acura isn't going anywhere...
This year.............
Old 30 Mar 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2429230)   #102
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The drawing that Dr P showed me looked nothing like a Corvette by any stretch of the imagination.
Uh!, how did it look then!?
Old 30 Mar 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2429235)   #103
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Let's just speculate:
Acura says "we need some competition in 2010 else we are outta here"
Audi says "we have to wait and see, can't promise anything right now"
Panoz says: "Listen up, Acura, I'll provide you with some credible competition."

If all of these three are true - I don't say that they are - he's stopping the total collapse of the LMP-category, which is probably the most important issue for ALMS at the moment.
Think after yesterdays F1 race they will not quit any series for some time
Old 30 Mar 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2429254)   #104
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Uh!, how did it look then!?
As i said before, think of the GRID GTP stepped on.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2429271)   #105
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
As i said before, think of the GRID GTP stepped on.
Got a link to a pic? Tried google, came up blank.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2429281)   #106
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...-and-20-a.html
Is it one of the "prototypes" here? (not the P1's)
Old 30 Mar 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2429284)   #107
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Think after yesterdays F1 race they will not quit any series for some time
I had that some thought!
Old 30 Mar 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2429291)   #108
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...-and-20-a.html
Is it one of the "prototypes" here? (not the P1's)
No. Thats a street version of the old GTP...
Old 30 Mar 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2429294)   #109
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-10-17-012.jpg
Old 30 Mar 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2429298)   #110
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
So it will be a mix of that and the elderly Lmp1? (according to Panoz sketch?)
Old 30 Mar 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2429300)   #111
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-04-20-007.jpg

I can however not imagine how this would look in a front-engined configuration...
Old 30 Mar 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2429312)   #112
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Heres a lot of pics!
http://www.racingsportscars.com/make/photo/Grid.html
But i imagine it very much like the Panoz Lmp1!, with more advanced aerodynamics!.
And perhaps with the new "thru the car instead of over and around" the car aerodynamics, the front engine could be an advantage!?
Old 30 Mar 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2429345)   #113
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Not a single styling cue from the Panoz LMP1 (except where the engine is).
Old 31 Mar 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2429659)   #114
DanJR1
Racer

DanJR1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hugewally, any estimated date for a debut? (either on paper or track)
Old 31 Mar 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2429776)   #115
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Never (IMO)
Old 18 Jun 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2485853)   #116
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Autosprint (check mariantic.co.uk/lmp) has revived the rumour.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2485878)   #117
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Ooops mistake, actually Autosport
Old 18 Jun 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2485911)   #118
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That is interesting. From what I gather from the forums and the Bear and such I thought that the Panoz group or Elan Motorsports had laid off a sizable number of people. So does that mean someone else has been contracted to do the build? or will they be hiring?
Old 18 Jun 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2485944)   #119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i can't see how this will happen financially, either.
roadATL has been hurting for money for a few years as is Panoz/Elan...(i blame the IRL, but that is for (an)other thread(s) somewhere else).
i still am optimistic about any new car to the series, especially this one.
as usual, seeing is the only way of believing.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2486082)   #120
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's the (brief) article from Autosport itself

Quote:
Panoz LMP1 Delayed
The first race for the new Chevrolet-powered Panoz LMP1 has been set back to the Sebring 12 Hours next March. The car, dubbed the Abruzzo [surely typo - Abruzzi?] Panoz, is unlikely to make its debut on butanol ecofuel
Old 18 Jun 2009, 23:26 (Ref:2486210)   #121
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Here's the (brief) article from Autosport itself
The Abruzzi was Panoz' supposed new road car that has supposedly now been in development for like 5+ years, despite no one really knowing anything about it...

I love Panoz, and I'd love to see another Panoz LMP, but I just can't see it happening right now...
Old 19 Jun 2009, 00:04 (Ref:2486257)   #122
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what's so hard to understand? front engine will NOT work with the current regulations. The distance between the rear wing and the now huge rollover structure is too small, among other things.

They were thinking of putting their V8 in a Courage in 2005... now that's what they should have done or be looking at doing!
Old 19 Jun 2009, 00:24 (Ref:2486271)   #123
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
what's so hard to understand? front engine will NOT work with the current regulations. The distance between the rear wing and the now huge rollover structure is too small, among other things.

And the World was flat, until someone proved otherwise.

L.P.
Old 19 Jun 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2486294)   #124
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post

They were thinking of putting their V8 in a Courage in 2005... now that's what they should have done or be looking at doing!

Don't know if I'd go so far as to say it won't work...it would certainly be a challenge. It most certainly won't work in a closed top car drawn to the existing regulations. With a purpose built open top car there are some potentially clever things you can do that have come to light since the LMP07 that would be very controversial but perhaps make it work a little better. With Acura going the wide fronts route, there also might be an added bonus there given tire development. One thing the Panoz LMP1 always needed was a bespoke front tire to maximize the benefits of a forward weight balance. With Acura already out there effectively creating a forward weight balanced car with a mid-engine layout, there could be benefits to be reaped. But, if Panoz takes the old LMP1 and does what I've heard they're going to do, well, I don't want to add my own commentary to that.

And regarding the Abruzzi...off an on last year I was involved in creating design studies for Don just for this project so I'm oddly/uniquely positioned to comment on it. I haven't said much given the obvious concerns about confidentiality, etc. So understand I'm being restrained though ultimately I wonder why I bother, all the pieces are out in the public domain at this point if not connected. Ultimately my drawings amounted to little more than something to have there in front of everyone to discuss and there was little substance to it all. Though for quite some time I was most certainly the only one in the organization that was actually working on it. And if you're wondering, that's not a good thing for a project of this potential complexity...
Old 19 Jun 2009, 02:25 (Ref:2486315)   #125
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
So Coupe or Spyder? Is a 10 year old design as a grid filler better or worse than a gt3 porsche?