Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 5 Feb 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3021967)   #76
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I forgot 70'S Endurance and GT! Oh well.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 6 Feb 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3022153)   #77
Richie_TeamBreed
Rookie

United Nations
I'm a mole and I live in a hole
Richie_TeamBreed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'd like to see a decent Rally Cross game tbh. Codemasters did breifly flirt with real world tracks on the 1st DiRT (Knockhill, Croft and a French track) but I think this could be expanded upon.
Perhaps, get affiliation with the ERC. Get some great European tracks on board. Cover all of the main classes with the technical set-up found on GT5, joker laps (with user defineable ON/OFF for those who don't like them) and stock models that can be editable not just technically but also visually (custom livery) with a "Upload" feature so people can download peoples creations and set-ups. Would also like to see iOpener technology used. What has happened with that? We were promised it for WRC but look what happened to that game. Anyway, just a few ideas.

Richie
Old 6 Feb 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3022190)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
I forgot 70'S Endurance and GT! Oh well.

So everything really.........
Old 6 Feb 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3022244)   #79
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_TeamBreed View Post
I'd like to see a decent Rally Cross game tbh. Codemasters did breifly flirt with real world tracks on the 1st DiRT (Knockhill, Croft and a French track) but I think this could be expanded upon.
Perhaps, get affiliation with the ERC. Get some great European tracks on board. Cover all of the main classes with the technical set-up found on GT5, joker laps (with user defineable ON/OFF for those who don't like them) and stock models that can be editable not just technically but also visually (custom livery) with a "Upload" feature so people can download peoples creations and set-ups. Would also like to see iOpener technology used. What has happened with that? We were promised it for WRC but look what happened to that game. Anyway, just a few ideas.

Richie
You may already know but there is a reasonable Rallycross Mod for Rfactor - this may be the best rallycross option we have for a few years. There are several classes (Group B, RWD Supernational, Minicross), a lot of 1980s/90s drivers, and about a dozen UK and ERC tracks.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3022253)   #80
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be interesting to know if anybody here has had a look at the RF2 beta. For the GPL diehards it has a 60s single seaters including formula 1, 2 and 3 cars. Videos of Monaco and Spa look very promising. It has realistic changeable weather and a tyre deformation model - components crucially missing from GPL. Will it convert Aysedasi???
Old 6 Feb 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3022268)   #81
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh god! All the time I spent doing that (I have a broken leg at the moment so I am not a fan of movement) I forgot Pikes Peak!

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 6 Feb 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3022301)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Will it convert Aysedasi???

Unless it has the kind of infrastructure and the depth of challenge that I can find elsewhere, almost certainly not.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3022376)   #83
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guys, this guy wil nevrer play anything else, so best not say anything is as good as GPL, the 60's cars are pretty good I think, very fair, and hard to drive too.

I played the RF1 rallycross nmod a lot, bus never used to find anyone playing it in leagues etc, but it was a super little mod, done by Cowie!
Old 7 Feb 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3022545)   #84
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_TeamBreed View Post
There is nothing official annouced yet, but the team behind DiRT 3 are working on a new "off road" title (not the recently annouced "Showdown", thats being developed by a different branch of Codemasters).

The hints that have been dropped on the forthcoming "proper" rally game indicate that the focus will be returning to rally and that rallycross will be a part of that.

I don't know about ERC affiliation (I think it would be brilliant too!), but when I mentioned European tracks (specifically Holjes) I was told that a number of locations were being "looked into".

I thought the rallycross in DiRT 3 was great fun and it was brilliant to see so many "real" rallycross cars in game, but I would have much preferred it if the racing took place on real circuits like DiRT. Fingers crossed the next CM rally game will address our wishes!
Old 7 Feb 2012, 12:22 (Ref:3022623)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Guys, this guy wil nevrer play anything else, so best not say anything is as good as GPL, the 60's cars are pretty good I think, very fair, and hard to drive too.
When I find something that really is better - not just carrying the novelty of being new - I probably will. But as they say, there is little point re-inventing the wheel producing 60's F1 mods when it's already all been done so much better. And I'm not 'this guy' - you all know my name. If you don't want me to express my views on the subject, don't tease me out from under my stone.....
Old 7 Feb 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3022666)   #86
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post
...yet the AI race director thinking it's ok to stay green!...
I am not sure there are any games that implement cautions, yellow flags, safety cars in them.

They all seem to be Green flag, GO from what I have seen.

So for me anything that did the 'complete' racing scenario would get my vote.

Failing that, anything which flags up cars driven by the type of drivers who get bored quickly, and start driving the wrong way round a track would get my vote. Or one where I was able to blow up those stupid Red Bull X-2010 rocket ships...
Old 7 Feb 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3022692)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You mean in real life....... Would get my vote
Old 7 Feb 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3022694)   #88
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am not teasing fella

If you believe nothing is better than GPL then fine, but me and many thousands of others disagree with you very strongly.

Similarly many people will agree with you,

but in all honesty I enjoy the 60's mod on RF2, it is not so easy that it can be picked up straightaway, and not so tricky that it just puts you off without having to go all over the place to find plugins, settings folders etc.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3022702)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3022707)   #90
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My dream racing game would be something like DTM Race Driver, but with every major racing series in existence. Where you start in karting, than you get the choice to enter one of the lower formula series or start in lower GT or touring car classes. Later in your career you can also sign development contracts with manufacturers or large companies like Red Bull. Or you make enough make throughout your career to start your own team. You can also collect "classic" cars like the Porsche 962, Toyota GT-One and so on, which you can race in historic racing series.

What I'd also like to see is a "series management game", where you're basically in charge of a racing series. Make sure that your series gets enough entries, decent tv deals and has a lot of fans on the track. You can do cooperations with other series, or just outright take them over.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3022784)   #91
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Quote:
but in all honesty I enjoy the 60's mod on RF2, it is not so easy that it can be picked up straightaway, and not so tricky that it just puts you off without having to go all over the place to find plugins, settings folders etc.
Whatever people's opinion on different sims I actually think we are in a golden age of sim racing. Back in the day when ICR2 and Nascar 2 were the only 'real' sims we couldn't have imagined that someone would ever bother to produce a sim for historic racing. Now we have TWO just for the 1967 F1 season alone - not to mention 1955, 1971, 1975, 1979, 1988, 1991...

I read the other day that someone is even working on a serious Rfactor mod for 1937!! Anybody fancy taking on Richard Seaman?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3022934)   #92
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfrontpage View Post
rfactor for me is the game. Currently spending most of my time on it with the TCL mod. I'd love it if there was something like that but set in the mid-nineties (or TCL extended itself to there) as that's the period of touring cars I grew up with.
Have you tried the BSTC mod? It has BTCC cars from 1993 to 1998. Graphics are poor, but physics are pretty good.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 03:10 (Ref:3022935)   #93
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
I am not sure there are any games that implement cautions, yellow flags, safety cars in them.

They all seem to be Green flag, GO from what I have seen.

So for me anything that did the 'complete' racing scenario would get my vote.

Failing that, anything which flags up cars driven by the type of drivers who get bored quickly, and start driving the wrong way round a track would get my vote.
rFactor has local yellows, full course yellows and safety cars. It also warns you when driving in the wrong direction, if you ignore the warning, you get disqualified.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3022985)   #94
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mine would basically be a full Le Mans/ALMS pack for Project CARS, which might actually happen. Historics, recent, and current cars and tracks. Though if this was going to be my "dream", I'd want to include every major national GT series running right now.

Project CARS already has the graphics, sound, and most importantly physics that I'm looking for (and it's not even in the alpha yet!), what I would want next is a superb race car and track list.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3023104)   #95
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Blimey FStr, if you think the physics in CARS are good you are definately in the minority there, they are really struggling to get them right, the cars have far too much grip, mainly coz the steering is still very much in early mode and nowhere near right yet, so if you made the physics a little more realistic none would be able to drive the cars as the FFB and steering is so bad right now.

They will I hope get there as it is a beauty to look at.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3023742)   #96
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since everything seems to have been done with cars... Mine would be a proper bike sim!

Sadly it seems like there's been little worthy of interrest in that domain since GP500. 14 years basically...

It could be fun also if someone came up with an affordable and realistic bike racing controler... But it sounds like something quite difficult thing to realise in fact
Old 9 Feb 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3023801)   #97
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
There is a new bike sim around, I cant remember what its called, very low budget, but also very realistic looking from what I have seen.

Have a look on a few sim sites asn you can find details.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3024184)   #98
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is a new bike sim around, I cant remember what its called, very low budget, but also very realistic looking from what I have seen.

Have a look on a few sim sites asn you can find details.
Isn't this one of Kunos' many projects? I think I've heard about it too, can't recall the name either... But I should try it one day.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3024624)   #99
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
I think Chunder means Kart Racing Pro: http://www.kartracing-pro.com/

If not, then perhaps he can explain himself better
Old 15 Feb 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3026367)   #100
Gullwings
Rookie

Gullwings should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see something with nearly unbeatable computer opponents.

...unlike Gran Turismo 5 "Arcade Mode."

I'd also like to see a boatload of paint job and livery modifications, and a no-lag online racing system.

Basically we're talking iRacing... but, I'd like to see WAY more cars and a little more of a "dynamic experience". I'd like to see some rubber buildup on the track, maybe a distant haze... make it look visually organic rather than just a technical look to the track. This is where iRacing is flawed... IMO.