Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Dec 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3338858)   #126
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there a formal date for the verdict to be given? It's clearly going to be massive if the outcome goes against him, CVC will surely have issues too...
Old 16 Jan 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3354655)   #127
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bernie to stand trial.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112147
Old 16 Jan 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3354705)   #128
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it possible to acquire dementia in a few months? If anyone can do it BE will. He has never been in the position where he did not hold the upper hand or knew how to control things if needed but this will be a new experience for him.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3354707)   #129
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So he is standing down as director of the holding company now. Hmm...
Old 16 Jan 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3354724)   #130
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112156

well done.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 14:33 (Ref:3354725)   #131
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to this Autosport article

" Bernie Ecclestone will step down as a director of Formula 1's management board, but he will continue running the sport. "

... I guess this means that the possibility of holding concord meetings in a prison can't yet be ruled out
Old 16 Jan 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3354743)   #132
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25749464 , trying to gain favour with the German's ?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3354765)   #133
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
He might flee to Bahrain and run things from a secluded high rise in Manama.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 15:58 (Ref:3354770)   #134
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post

" Bernie Ecclestone will step down as a director of Formula 1's management board, but he will continue running the sport. "

... I guess this means that the possibility of holding concord meetings in a prison can't yet be ruled out
Why has this thought suddenly sprung into my mind:
"It's funny, but I've never seen Bernie and Mr Bridger (from The Italian Job) in the same room."?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3354787)   #135
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Why has this thought suddenly sprung into my mind:
"It's funny, but I've never seen Bernie and Mr Bridger (from The Italian Job) in the same room."?
Nice one

The bit I read that is most significant is where the manufacturers, or certainly some big corporates are prohibited from doing business with entities that have been indicted because of their corporate structures etc?

If that is the case then either Bernie has to go or F1 risks losing a lot of serious entries and sponsors. Is that right?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3354804)   #136
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have some questions, as I don't fully understand all the principles at play here:

1: Who is presently running the sport ( as in at this second) 2: How will it affect the sport at this point? 3: How long is the case likely to take? 4: Is there a likely verdict? 5: Who will replace BE, if he is replaced? 6: Good or Bad news? and what chance does Ross Brawn have of getting the job?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3354815)   #137
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
I have some questions, as I don't fully understand all the principles at play here:

1: Who is presently running the sport ( as in at this second) 2: How will it affect the sport at this point? 3: How long is the case likely to take? 4: Is there a likely verdict? 5: Who will replace BE, if he is replaced? 6: Good or Bad news? and what chance does Ross Brawn have of getting the job?
I can only answer the first couple of points.

CVC own F1 and Bernie runs it on their behalf as an "employee". From what I understand of the reports coming out, Bernie will still continue running F1, but the signing off of major contracts will be done by the chairman of CVC instead. In reality, Bernie stepping down is only a formality at the moment and won't change anything, but if he does lose the case then CVC may look at replacing Bernie, and I have absolutely no idea who they would choose.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3354819)   #138
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post

Images of Harry Grout's cell keep running through my mind and I can't explain why either
Old 16 Jan 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3354859)   #139
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or Mr Bridger's.

Whatever CVC continue to run F1's commercial side. Triple points anyone?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3354870)   #140
BtccLee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Or Mr Bridger's.

Whatever CVC continue to run F1's commercial side. Triple points anyone?
CVC may run it but Bernie's influence was the biggest. Things will change, a lot will change. And I believe it will be for the better of the sport...
Old 16 Jan 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3354873)   #141
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
CVC may run it but Bernie's influence was the biggest. Things will change, a lot will change. And I believe it will be for the better of the sport...
I certainly hope so.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3354876)   #142
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Is Bernie's "teflon" wearing off at last ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Jan 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3354906)   #143
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Is Bernie's "teflon" wearing off at last ?
Everyone's wears off eventually. Look at all the sexual assault and rape cases against TV stars at the moment. If you commit offences or make enemies it usually comes back to bite you and once the momentum starts it's hard to stop.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3355094)   #144
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BE will have to stand trial, I never doubted that.

It is a rare occurence in Germany that a judge does not open trial according to charges brought forward by the state attourney.
What does happen from time to time is that not all points off the charges will by taken up.
Especially when the German state (as owner of the bank) is the victim judges like to look into it.

My personal opinion is that BE will be convicted, not in all counts but enough.
He will appeal, of course
he will lose that appeal

this will take years

then he will argue - successfully - that he is too old and of ill health to actually go to jail
he might even delay the Trial by plaing ill

but: very interesting
German law allows the state to seize assets that have been gained by Profit of criminal activity
seize as in very means Little Appeal after a conviction

R.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3355125)   #145
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
BE will have to stand trial, I never doubted that.

It is a rare occurence in Germany that a judge does not open trial according to charges brought forward by the state attourney.
What does happen from time to time is that not all points off the charges will by taken up.
Especially when the German state (as owner of the bank) is the victim judges like to look into it.

My personal opinion is that BE will be convicted, not in all counts but enough.
He will appeal, of course
he will lose that appeal

this will take years

then he will argue - successfully - that he is too old and of ill health to actually go to jail
he might even delay the Trial by plaing ill

but: very interesting
German law allows the state to seize assets that have been gained by Profit of criminal activity
seize as in very means Little Appeal after a conviction

R.
If it boils down to assets being seized, then surely it has to be proven in a court of law they have been gained by profit of criminal activity, meanwhile the case drags on and Bernie can still enjoying his assets until he shuffles off this mortal coil.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3355139)   #146
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If it boils down to assets being seized, then surely it has to be proven in a court of law they have been gained by profit of criminal activity, meanwhile the case drags on and Bernie can still enjoying his assets until he shuffles off this mortal coil.
He might fake his own death and go to live with Colin Chapman & Lord Lucan in Brazil!
Old 17 Jan 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3355142)   #147
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I wonder if he is convicted how many others will be implicated afterwards, lets face it very few people have amassed a vast fortune and been "squeaky clean" in big business !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Jan 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3355143)   #148
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
He might fake his own death and go to live with Colin Chapman & Lord Lucan in Brazil!
Is Colin Chapman still alive?
Old 17 Jan 2014, 22:29 (Ref:3355420)   #149
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Bernie was convicted I wonder could the FIA claim back the rights of the commercial side of F1 as it could be considered bringing F1 into disrepute or some other clause?
Old 17 Jan 2014, 22:48 (Ref:3355428)   #150
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Is Colin Chapman still alive?
The not so serious assumption was that when the FIA faxed out new rules there was a random Brazilian fax number.