Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jun 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3739357)   #26
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm so sorry to hear this!
Thank you Helen for posting it and letting us be in the know.
To Simon and Ian, I wish you both a good and speedy recovery so that we will see you at the main event.
I will drink a good beer to your recovery and hope you will join me for the next in France!
Old 8 Jun 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3739433)   #27
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Really sorry to hear about this; not sure whether to be upset about the crash or relieved that it wasn't worse. Get well soon guys, (any chance of bribing a French ambulance to drive you down next week...?)
Old 8 Jun 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3739461)   #28
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So shocked to read this. Get well soon. Please pass on my best wishes. Pilg (aka Gavin)
Old 8 Jun 2017, 14:07 (Ref:3739475)   #29
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear that news. Hope you get well soon Simon and Ian will miss you at the meet this year. Glad you are both ok though.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 16:22 (Ref:3739496)   #30
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know any of you personally, but that's an unfortunate accident
Please get well soon!
Old 8 Jun 2017, 23:47 (Ref:3739566)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
get well soon, gents - hope the recovery is progressing well for both, and here's to a swift return back to the uk.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 04:48 (Ref:3739594)   #32
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
get well soon guys, swift return to France too i hope

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Jun 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3739608)   #33
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
GT6 and Isynge Accident

Sorry to hear about this. Best wishes to GT6 and Isynge for a speedy recovery.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3739663)   #34
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holy sh!t only just seen this, hope they both recover soon
Old 10 Jun 2017, 09:21 (Ref:3739908)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I understand the position, Simon should be heading home today. I'm sure Helen will tell us more when she can.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3739915)   #36
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As I understand the position, Simon should be heading home today. I'm sure Helen will tell us more when she can.
Yeah... I'm driving pretty much to Le Mans .... to drive all the way home.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3739919)   #37
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Yeah... I'm driving pretty much to Le Mans .... to drive all the way home.
Bon voyage Helen. Looking forward to good news.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3740053)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well you will be pleased to know that after a very boring stay in Alencon, mostly in a surgical ward, and Helen fighting with the hospital and travel insurance company for my release we gave up when they said it would be tuesday next week before i could fly home, but if a family member came they would release me without a ransom being paid. So last night helen and harri took tunnel to france stayed in a hotel and then drove down collected me and drove back. I have great daughters. Any way now sporting the off cuts of a star wars storm trooper outfit ruddy uncomfortable but seem OK plenty of cuts scraps bruises burns and the damaged no1 vertebrae in my bum. Would love to stick to plan for tuesday but every one says do not do it. Got two days to see. Just to say thank you to everyone down there and particularly Vince who was bloody brilliant sorry to ruin your restful week/
Old 10 Jun 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3740056)   #39
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great to hear from you Simon!
Again, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you at LM
Old 10 Jun 2017, 21:02 (Ref:3740064)   #40
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome home Simon, recovery at home is always the best way. It still is six days to raceday, but if you won't be able, there is always the next Le Mans. Get well soon.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3740067)   #41
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
. I have great daughters. Any way now sporting the off cuts of a star wars storm trooper outfit ruddy uncomfortable /
Glad you made it home in one piece! That Storm trooper visual made me laugh!
Old 11 Jun 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3740128)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good to hear you're back home safely. As we arrived in Alencon last night there were big banners up all over the place saying 'It's OK, he's gone.....' Take care.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 05:48 (Ref:3740145)   #43
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very relieved you're safely home, Simon! Just need to get yourself some appropriate headwear to go with the Storm Trooper outfit
Old 11 Jun 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3740156)   #44
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
and the damaged no1 vertebrae in my bum
Vertebrae fractures are unfortunately common amongst prototype drivers as well ... you weren't doing a sneaky test in a 919/TS050 were you?

Glad to hear you & Ian are on the mend. If I were you I'd stay at home, but I hope you recover enough to make that decision yourself.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 07:11 (Ref:3740157)   #45
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very glad to hear that you are back home and look forward to seeing you trackside again in the future when you have recovered!
Old 11 Jun 2017, 07:25 (Ref:3740158)   #46
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well you will be pleased to know that after a very boring stay in Alencon, mostly in a surgical ward, and Helen fighting with the hospital and travel insurance company for my release we gave up when they said it would be tuesday next week before i could fly home, but if a family member came they would release me without a ransom being paid. So last night helen and harri took tunnel to france stayed in a hotel and then drove down collected me and drove back. I have great daughters. Any way now sporting the off cuts of a star wars storm trooper outfit ruddy uncomfortable but seem OK plenty of cuts scraps bruises burns and the damaged no1 vertebrae in my bum. Would love to stick to plan for tuesday but every one says do not do it. Got two days to see. Just to say thank you to everyone down there and particularly Vince who was bloody brilliant sorry to ruin your restful week/
Good to hear from you Simon and good to hear you're on the mend.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3740174)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well got up this morning and struggling about, chances of being on the road tuesday diminishing but still faint hope.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3740180)   #48
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love how hardcore that is. "I'm beat up but I'm going to the race dammit!"

Hope it heals quickly!
Old 11 Jun 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3740184)   #49
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I love how hardcore that is. "I'm beat up but I'm going to the race dammit!"

Hope it heals quickly!
Yeah..... That's optimistic.. ..
Old 11 Jun 2017, 09:42 (Ref:3740189)   #50
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only just heard about this, sorry to hear about the accident but glad you're both (relatively) okay! A shame to miss your first Le Mans in such a long time if that's what it comes to, but it's better to be 100% for the next one!