Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Aug 2015, 17:17 (Ref:3564895)   #1251
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Money money money...
Old 9 Aug 2015, 17:24 (Ref:3564897)   #1252
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Oh, for frakks sake!

"Hindy John I was standing next to Scott when he did that interview, Scott clearly said no decision had be made as to whether restrictions put in place. The suggestion was put forward by the interviewer."
to be fair, with the kind of manipulation media reports achieve by their spin, the spin here obviously was to make sure that these restrictions will NOT be implemented, by producing the outcry we can also see here on this forum. Hindy didn't get the memo, it seems.

(also, with Atherton's track record, I believe/feel Dagys essentially reported the correct gist, as one would think when reading the Atherton quote "Ideally, everybody involved [in GTD] is an official manufacturer partner. That’s our goal and that’s our expectation." (bold by me))
Old 9 Aug 2015, 17:30 (Ref:3564898)   #1253
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
It predates my time as a sports car racing fan, but wasn't the much hated "Andy Evans era" called the IMSA World SportsCar Championship (WSC)?
I am beginning to wonder WHICH is the lesser of 2 EVILS " The Andy Evans Era " or the " Scott Atherton Era ??
Old 9 Aug 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3564906)   #1254
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
I am beginning to wonder WHICH is the lesser of 2 EVILS " The Andy Evans Era " or the " Scott Atherton Era ??
^ Yeah, that.
Although I think the "France era" is a more appropriate title for this current low point in the history of our sport.
Old 9 Aug 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3564908)   #1255
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Oh, for frakks sake!

"Hindy John I was standing next to Scott when he did that interview, Scott clearly said no decision had be made as to whether restrictions put in place. The suggestion was put forward by the interviewer."
Par for the course...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 9 Aug 2015, 20:50 (Ref:3564966)   #1256
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In a film noir style setting, if someone from the series came to you to negotiate about future conditions, and says, we expect and aim at everybody being partner. Btw, there's the potential of restrictions for those who are not partnered. But. Of course. We do not want to implement those. We actually even haven't decided on that yet. Anyways, I'm getting side-tracked. What were we talking about? Right, partnering up...

In a real setting, meanwhile: they don't need to decide on restrictions until they've received their first non-partnered entry, and they don't have to implement any of that if every car manufacturer present in your class ended up as their partner. So if they have convincing arguments for all the respective manufacturers to partner up this all goes
Old 9 Aug 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3565018)   #1257
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
So sports car racing is no longer united.

I'll call it IMSA Championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Or if the name is now seen as "IMSA <sponsor> Sportscar Championship"... IS(C)C

I don't think there ever was an official abbreviation, besides the website domain, now that "IMSA" is in the logo too they should start officially using it more. The abbreviation can't change every 3rd year...
ISC?
Old 10 Aug 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3565094)   #1258
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
John jumping the gun and fabricating stories? Well I never...
Old 10 Aug 2015, 13:32 (Ref:3565112)   #1259
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Lots of announcements over the weekend, Road America certainly is grabbing some headlines!

Kudos to IMSA for releasing their schedule this early (although the Rolex isn't that far out, less than half a year)! Let's hope the WEC one follows shortly as well!

Other plusses:
- More classes at a couple of venues, the GTLM addition to Lime Rock is huge!
- Watkins Glen scheduled for Independence Day weekend, having a holiday after the weekend is really convenient for travels.

The only minus from all the news is the rumor/thought of a possible limit of manufacturers in GTD.

Interesting to see an increase in the number of races for both Pro-Am classes, how does that work out favorably in terms of the ever so promoted cost savings strategy???
Old 10 Aug 2015, 14:01 (Ref:3565116)   #1260
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Lots of announcements over the weekend, Road America certainly is grabbing some headlines!

Kudos to IMSA for releasing their schedule this early (although the Rolex isn't that far out, less than half a year)! Let's hope the WEC one follows shortly as well!

Other plusses:
- More classes at a couple of venues, the GTLM addition to Lime Rock is huge!
- Watkins Glen scheduled for Independence Day weekend, having a holiday after the weekend is really convenient for travels.

The only minus from all the news is the rumor/thought of a possible limit of manufacturers in GTD.

Interesting to see an increase in the number of races for both Pro-Am classes, how does that work out favorably in terms of the ever so promoted cost savings strategy???

1. GTLM at Lime Rock is awesome I agree. But what if it is a GTLM/GTD/LMPC combination. That would be odd. Who would win the overall victory you think there.

2. I seriously don't think this GTD limit is going to come to fruition.

3. Well it is a provisional calendar. In each of the last two season we saw IMSA make adjustments to the class combinations at some of the events. Remember this past year LMPC was orginally at VIR but got moved to Detroit. I think adjustments can and should be made here. I think there is room to take GTD off Detroit and LMPC off Lime Rock specifically. Lime Rock should be GT only. LMPC is nothing but a distraction. People don't go buy tickets to see them. Laguna Seca should be split classes too. An all proto and and an all GT there too. You watch... VIR in 2 weeks is going to be good. Calls to have more all GT events will come :-)

Last edited by jasonjessica09; 10 Aug 2015 at 14:08.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 16:04 (Ref:3565140)   #1261
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
LRP is gonna be GTLM/GTD/PC next year.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 16:49 (Ref:3565148)   #1262
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I hope IMSA will add some extra support races to the LRP event, only CTSC won't fill the day, it needs one or two series extra.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 17:25 (Ref:3565152)   #1263
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I hope IMSA will add some extra support races to the LRP event, only CTSC won't fill the day, it needs one or two series extra.
I think the problem is paddock space....

-mike
Old 10 Aug 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3565153)   #1264
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Btw, not sure if you guys are aware or not, but there are already "marketing requirements" that need to be paid before a non-Partner manufacturer GT3 car can be ran in the IMSA Tudor series. I've been told that at Daytona this year they wanted $300k USD from an undisclosed team to run a Mercedes (w/ changes to make it legal/homologated for GTD). Then of course, anyone would have been able to run the Mercedes (once modified for GTD).

Hopefully they do away with all that jackassery for next year.

-mike
Old 10 Aug 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3565158)   #1265
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In 2009 ALMS (24 entries) had Formula Atlantic, Formula BMW and IMSA Lites with it at LRP.

Of course in 2013 there was NOTHING so I guess it could be worse.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3565161)   #1266
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Btw, not sure if you guys are aware or not, but there are already "marketing requirements" that need to be paid before a non-Partner manufacturer GT3 car can be ran in the IMSA Tudor series. I've been told that at Daytona this year they wanted $300k USD from an undisclosed team to run a Mercedes (w/ changes to make it legal/homologated for GTD). Then of course, anyone would have been able to run the Mercedes (once modified for GTD).

-mike
I think what you mentioned touched off some passions in this thread (post # 1240):http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...140114&page=83.

Last edited by YZFrider; 10 Aug 2015 at 17:53.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3565164)   #1267
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post

Not so sure about that...

Would be a shame not to see the Aston, Mercedes, McLaren or possibly a Lexus. You would think a non-IMSA GT3 endurance pilot race somewhere in the US would gather some more momentum when IMSA decides to apply the suggested manufacturers limitation.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3565179)   #1268
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
In 2009 ALMS (24 entries) had Formula Atlantic, Formula BMW and IMSA Lites with it at LRP.

Of course in 2013 there was NOTHING so I guess it could be worse.
2012 had nothing.

2013 had all the PWC classes, and Lamborghini Super Trofeo.

The GT Cadillac's were up on the midway with all the vendors, and quite a few PWC teams were parked on the autocross course.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3565186)   #1269
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right must've confused the two years
Old 10 Aug 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3565191)   #1270
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so I wonder if we will be seeing Bentley in gtd then?dyson hasn't put up with imsa's BS,don't see this being any different unless bentleys pays out.

Damn shame though for this NASCAR style money grab,I hope this is a screwed up story as that last one when every one thought DP's were to move forward 2017 and Bentley was going to make a dp.....
Old 11 Aug 2015, 00:17 (Ref:3565222)   #1271
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
so I wonder if we will be seeing Bentley in gtd then?dyson hasn't put up with imsa's BS,don't see this being any different unless bentleys pays out.

Damn shame though for this NASCAR style money grab,I hope this is a screwed up story as that last one when every one thought DP's were to move forward 2017 and Bentley was going to make a dp.....
The only thing we know is that Dagys offered up a proposal, not the other way around.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 11 Aug 2015, 00:47 (Ref:3565225)   #1272
Deleted
Veteran

Which is what Hindy says, that John brought it up first (with Blahberton seemingly agreeing), however what is the origin of that story? Coach said this almost a month ago already
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=937

It might well not be Dagys making stupid suggestions out of blue, but rather asking what he's heard or and making confirmations of it...

Last edited by Deleted; 11 Aug 2015 at 01:05.
Old 11 Aug 2015, 04:37 (Ref:3565247)   #1273
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:

It might well not be Dagys making stupid suggestions out of blue, but rather asking what he's heard or and making confirmations of it...
Or what the existing rules already happen to be.

-mike
Old 11 Aug 2015, 11:34 (Ref:3565301)   #1274
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Which is what Hindy says, that John brought it up first (with Blahberton seemingly agreeing), however what is the origin of that story? Coach said this almost a month ago already
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=937

As Mike already said. It already exists. Dagys simply asked a stupid question, and was blown off by Atherton...

Now, if he was asking to see if he could find a mudslinging angle who knows..
Old 11 Aug 2015, 11:41 (Ref:3565303)   #1275
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Daytona folks just don't get that variety is important to sportscar fans so they wilfully handicap it, then wonder where the spectators went, buy a series with variety and spectators and handicap the variety again.