Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 May 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1304815)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stoddart injury - more complications

Apparently there have been complications with Susie Stoddart's ankle injury.

The metal plates in it may have moved and the whole area's swollen up again - ruling her out for Knockhill and Thruxton.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1304821)   #2
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgive me for been cynical, but perhaps the injury is centred on the wallet not the ankle. It's most unusual for her to have been passed fit by a very reputable independent doctor, not involved in her treatment, for Donington and then for the injury to have taken the course it has since.

If she has genuinely got an injury so bad that she can't drive she should be asking serious questions of her doctors.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1304838)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She has vehemently and directly denied it's down to sponsorship issues - and insists it is a genuine injury.

I would be sceptical normally, but having spoken to Susie and some of her entourage in the past, I'm not sure they would blatantly lie like some suggest.
Old 19 May 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1304883)   #4
Jamie P-E
Racer

Jamie P-E is a back marker
well it seems odd that she is ok to drive the porsche, i know she is a friend of mine but i gotta start thinking its budget

sorry susie
Old 19 May 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1304886)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from Autosport today, she is down to drive the guest car in the Porsche Carrera Cup at Brands Hatch in few weeks time.
Old 20 May 2005, 00:02 (Ref:1305002)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, strange that Rob. I would have thought a Porsche cup car would be more physical to drive than a F3 car too, not so much because of the laterial G forces but because of the sheer weight of the car, will be interesting to see what the outcome is anyway.
Old 20 May 2005, 07:05 (Ref:1305109)   #7
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And isnt Docking himself on the record saying there were/are some budget problems?
Old 20 May 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1305173)   #8
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't a motivation problem be more accurate? She's spent the last 2 years telling everyone that Formula Renault doesn't suit her style and that she'll be much more suited to F3, then when she gets to F3 she's a gnat's quicker than the Class B front runners. How embarrassing.

This is hardly Niki Lauda returning to F1 just 6 weeks after being given the last rites, is it?
Old 20 May 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1305191)   #9
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And in taking the Autosport Porsche Carrera Cup seat Susie is denying drivers who genuinely meet the orginal selection criteria (which Autosport seem to be forgetting), namely that the drives would go to young drivers who were struggling to showcase their talents due to lack of funds - given Susie's successive years in FR and now F3, hardly a claim she can make. Even at this late stage, in my opinion, the decent thing for her to do would be to pull out and let the seat can go to a more deserving driver.
Old 20 May 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1305545)   #10
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
And isnt Docking himself on the record saying there were/are some budget problems?
If I remember correctly, he said there were one or two things that still needed to fall into place, but Susie's manager said the budget was all there and her injury was the only problem. (This was just after Donington I think).
Old 20 May 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1305576)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurich
If I remember correctly, he said there were one or two things that still needed to fall into place,
the cheque fell into place all right, and it bounced right out again...
Old 20 May 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1305586)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

It's funny that one one hand people are saying she's lying about the injury and in reality isn't competing because she has no funds, but on the other are saying she shouldn't have got the Autosport Porsche because she's well funded...
Old 21 May 2005, 08:58 (Ref:1305907)   #13
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes,some people here seem determined to put Susie down by any means. Could the Porsche drive have been agreed before the latest injury problem came to light,meaning she will not be able to take that drive either?
Old 21 May 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1305922)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

No, she says the Porsche drive will be okay, because the ankle problem is her left leg, and it is made worse by being bashed around inside the F3 cockpit.

She reckons the Porsche will be more comfortable in that respect.
Old 21 May 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1305990)   #15
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea whether it is her injury or lack of funds or both that are preventing Susie from racing in F3. What I do know is that to link either of these factors to the Autosport drive is to miss the point.

The fact is that Susie has had several years in FF and FR, and whilst she may be having problems this year, compared to many other young drivers struggling to find funding full stop, historically budgets have not been a problem for her.

Therefore, with no disrespect to Susie and not wishing to put her down in any way, there are several young drivers out there who are more deserving of the Autosport drive.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1317826)   #16
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In today's Autosport Susie finally admits that her F3 campaign has ground to a halt sponsorship issues.

"My sponsors have decided that I can't get a championship position now so there is no point wasting money. Apart from breaking my ankle at the start of the year, the problem was that they were not interested in getting back into F3"

Has she carried any sponsorship on the car this year?

However, undaunted Susie claims that "I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be in GP2 or the World series by Renault next year"

and then add's that she could contest some F3 races at the end of the year! "maybe the last two or three rounds"

Make of that what you will..

Info from autosport.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1317921)   #17
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I don't know about wasting money but surely she needs the experience before she can move up to World Series by Renault or GP2.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1318208)   #18
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think she's going to really struggle in either GP2 or WS next year because she wont get the competitive experience needed as FRenault is a huge jump to GP2 and ok its been done by Raikkonen but he had exceptional natural talent that so far Susie hasnt shown. Surely she would be better off trying to do a big year in F3 next year and then hoping to build on it with a GP2 drive in 2007
Old 2 Jun 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1318246)   #19
Jamie P-E
Racer

Jamie P-E is a back marker
she will be fine in gp and she will do well in the porcker this weekend
Old 2 Jun 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1318257)   #20
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
she has never shown to be worthy of gp2. if sponsors think they are wasting money seeing her battle scholarship class cars in f3 they must be joking if they think it will get any better in gp2...
Old 2 Jun 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1318260)   #21
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She won't be fine in GP2!

I'm not one of the types to put her down for nothing but lets look at the facts:
She's had a couple years in FRenault, didn't exactly set the world alight.
4 F3 races, average results and 2 Porsche races(we'll see what she can do then)
I think people need to wake up, she might be ok in GP if she had atleast a full season of F3 under her belt.

EDIT: Exactly flexible-flyer.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1318262)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i dunno, the back markers in gp2 get a fair amount of tv coverage for their sponsors. all she needs to do is spin a couple of times...
Old 2 Jun 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1318323)   #23
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomS
FRenault is a huge jump to GP2 and ok its been done by Raikkonen but he had exceptional natural talent that so far Susie hasnt shown.

Since when did Kimi do gp2?

It's all a bit farcical now this and it isn't doing her credibility any good.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1318338)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

At least there can be no complaints about her driving that Autosport Porsche now!
Old 5 Jun 2005, 00:56 (Ref:1320270)   #25
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well 2day was the day

11th in qualifying, 7th out of 10 finishers in R1

rock on race 2...