Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Riveting stuff ,close racing ,gritty passing and a safety car. 8
Old 8 Nov 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2786922)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa_Rob View Post
Riveting stuff ,close racing ,gritty passing and a safety car. 8
I didn't much close racing. There was Hulkenberg being overtaken at the beginning by the other front runners but after that it was a procession until the SC came out, which bunches the field.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2786958)   #28
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I thought that the race was better than most this year. It went a bit dull in the middle, but the first 20 laps were good and the last 15 were entertaining thanks to the safety car.
I would agree with that, so I'm going for a 7.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 Nov 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2787072)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gave it an 8.

almost forgot what racing in the dry is like. lots of midfield action, tension at the front, timely safety car, and ultimately a proper race with each championship contender forced to deal with events on their own kept me engaged and entertained the whole time.

another race where access to live timing and track position telemetry added an extra dimension of awesome.

my one regret is that Sir Frank Williams was not on hand for saturday.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2787124)   #30
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for me. Quite enjoyed it although I did fall asleep for 10 laps, I watched it in the evening on sky plus after a long day and a few beers the night before so it wasn't really the race! Always enjoy this track.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2787137)   #31
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 it was surprisingly boring.
after redbull launched off- it was nothing-
Alonso was merely pacing keeping in a safe place Ferrari is focused on the driver points it would seem. the mid field scraps were good, but no real tension- Red bull not letting Webber win was disappointing, they could have easily moved him up to fight or the championship next race, and be in a better position, but as it is all is no the line next race.
Hulkenburgs pole was the best part, I can't believe that car didn't have the pace at all- 10th?
it was dull but 'storyline' was full enough.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2787235)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave it a 5, did not live up to expectations but better than some recent races
Old 8 Nov 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2787265)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was the worst brazilian GP from in a few years.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2787312)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
It was the worst brazilian GP from in a few years.
Good point.

From recent memory, going backwards, 09, 08, 07, 04, 03, 01 were all 'better' races as a spectacle?
Old 8 Nov 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2787334)   #35
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
6. The race didn't live up to my expectations.
Old 9 Nov 2010, 03:03 (Ref:2787435)   #36
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7. Specially by Hülkenberg pole and the good form of all four championship contenders.
Old 9 Nov 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2787560)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Good point.

From recent memory, going backwards, 09, 08, 07, 04, 03, 01 were all 'better' races as a spectacle?
Yes, exactly.