Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2002, 05:34 (Ref:326859)   #1
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika Saga continued

Heard from mate in Finland that Mika has finally made a decision on his future now. He hasnt said what it is yet though! When asked if the extra weight he is carrying would be a problem Mika said that he could lose it easily. But my mate said that he got the impression Mika wasnt coming back.

So that clears things up doesnt it?!
Old 4 Jul 2002, 07:51 (Ref:326876)   #2
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same as what I've heard. Although I still maintain that he may surprise us all and return as a test driver.
Old 4 Jul 2002, 08:10 (Ref:326884)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika isnt the quickest of people to get his words out at the best of times. Even if he has decided , it will probally be another 1 month til he gets to say it.
Old 4 Jul 2002, 08:20 (Ref:326887)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think he is probably having a good time not telling us! Seeing which journalists make up the most improbable story. Or perhaps he thinks the silly season is more fun with another unknown.

When he does announce his intentions I think he will say very little:

Q: "Mika, you are having a year off, blah, blah, you are a double world champion, blah, blah, you are now a father, blah, blah, Have you made your mind up about next year?"

Mika: "Yes" pause, smile.

Q: "err, blah blah blah, stutter, are you coming back?"

Mika: ""
Old 4 Jul 2002, 10:03 (Ref:326925)   #5
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking back, it was always going to be difficult. You can't just ask DC or Kimi to leave since they're both doing a decent job.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 4 Jul 2002, 10:59 (Ref:326965)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mika won't be back (or so I bloody well hope anyway.) He has nothing left to prove, and proved in 2001 that his desire to be there, except for occassional flashes, just wasn't there anymore.

He should retire gracefully and have more babies!
Old 4 Jul 2002, 16:12 (Ref:327161)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agreed, Ozman.

I wonder what would happen if he were to follow that route of most former F1 drivers and become a race commentator?

James Allen: "Well, it certainly is setting up to be an interesting weekend. Mika, what are your thoughts about Mclaren's chances in tomorrow's race?"

Mika: "uhhhhh........errrrrr........uhhhhhhhh.....I....... ummmmmmmm .......Yes."
Old 4 Jul 2002, 17:36 (Ref:327197)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that would be funny.
Old 4 Jul 2002, 18:31 (Ref:327217)   #9
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be a better bet to wait and hear it from Mika himself, rather than sopme bloke's friend on a forum (no offence DavidStHubbins).
Personaly, i don't think he will return anyway, much as i would love to see him back.
Old 4 Jul 2002, 18:32 (Ref:327219)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
James Allen: "Well, it certainly is setting up to be an interesting weekend. Mika, what are your thoughts about Mclaren's chances in tomorrow's race?"

Mika: "uhhhhh........errrrrr........uhhhhhhhh.....I....... ummmmmmmm .......Yes."

James Allen : "Great ! It's good to have such a experienced driver with so much knowledge !
And what about Schumacher ?"

Mika: "uhhhh....no."
Old 4 Jul 2002, 20:40 (Ref:327302)   #11
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me and my namesake are both big fans of Mika. i love his sense of humour!! What better way to frustrate the press and show them your contempt than to give 1 word replies, and not answer the question! I remember one press conference where he answers a lame question and the interviewer, at a loss, decides he'll just move on and chat to Michael. As he starts Mika butts in, " So you don't wantto talk to me ?" or something along those lines. Hilarious.
Old 5 Jul 2002, 00:15 (Ref:327399)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
And what about Schumacher ?"
Are you kidding. James would never agree to be number 2 in the booth. Imagine at the beginning. He would have to wait to see with seat Michael Picked, then be prepared to change it if he liked the other one better
Old 5 Jul 2002, 04:34 (Ref:327479)   #13
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by J.McClane
I think it would be a better bet to wait and hear it from Mika himself, rather than sopme bloke's friend on a forum (no offence DavidStHubbins).
Personaly, i don't think he will return anyway, much as i would love to see him back.
My friend is Finnish and into F1, Mika was on the telly saying he has made his mind up.

Apparently Mika rings up the Finnish TV station when they are commentating on a GP to correct their mistakes.

I thought he wasnt coming back but now I am not so sure. What else can he do??! Maybe a break was what he needed to bring him back fresh and hungry.

Ultimately an on-form Mika is much better than Kimi and DC and McLaren know that. I want him to come back now!