Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Mar 2004, 16:22 (Ref:897181)   #1
BugEyed
Racer

BugEyed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VSCC John Harris Trial 2004

Yet another terrific event with the VSCC. Thanks are due to David Hill and all of the Marshals and Officials. Congratulations to Graham White on a fabulous victory having carefully chosen when to approach each hill, and to the four Austin 7 drivers who also scored clean sweeps.

Thanks also to Giles, Peter and Nigel for including me in Team Raspberry and for achieving our best result to date. Thanks from Mrs B to everyone, but particularly Jo and Steve White for encouraging her to have her first go driving a trials car.

Pictures are now available.

Duncan

PS Pictures of the Derbyshire Tour on the next day are also available. Mrs B loved the car in this picture - I wonder if she'd be satisfied with just a rally plack as that is about the only part of it I can afford!

Last edited by BugEyed; 7 Mar 2004 at 16:25.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 18:23 (Ref:897271)   #2
Riley Imp
Rookie

Riley Imp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a splendid weekend, lots of interesting cars and sounds like everyone had a good time. Excellent pictures too.
Chris.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 20:35 (Ref:897373)   #3
BugEyed
Racer

Guy Weatherall has posted some more excellent pictures on his Vintage Knowledge website.

I forgot to mention the winner of the plaudit "prat du jour". No, perhaps that was a good idea .....

Favourite stage - no, I mean section! Beeley Plantation - hopefully Raspberry's progress at the end of this stage will be published in due course.

Duncan

PS What are these Gents doing before the start?

PPS Best attire award? Louise Northwood in some Plus 4s that must have been almost contemporary with her GN - and she had to show the lucky people at the bar the label to prove it!
Old 8 Mar 2004, 18:44 (Ref:898351)   #4
Richard Houlgate
Rookie

Richard Houlgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
[i]
I forgot to mention the winner of the plaudit "prat du jour". No, perhaps that was a good idea .....

[/B]
Was this a certain past president who joined the Low Rollers Club?
Old 9 Mar 2004, 07:16 (Ref:899062)   #5
BugEyed
Racer

Not sure that he fully qualifies!

Richard

Yes, but I'm not sure that he fully qualified!

Duncan

PS You and Jim appeared to be going well although you overall result was spoilt by the curse of an early visit to Clough Wood.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 18:39 (Ref:899755)   #6
jwd
Rookie

jwd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Not sure that he fully qualifies!

You and Jim appeared to be going well although you overall result was spoilt by the curse of an early visit to Clough Wood. [/B][/QUOTE]

Richard is a darned good sight reader of the Derbyshire mudpaths. I was very impressed with two early rides through the slippery stuff. Feathering and keeping way on without revving the knobs out of the scuttle showed a lot of style.
Grotty roller skating weather (Yes, a play on words) stalled most of us at Clough Wood at the same time. Andy Cawley told me the random chain gang delayed him to the point where the conditions eased.

On another point, I came across a 'Temple-Anzani' picture in the family collection of other folks snaps. Dad never used a camera. I wonder if the good Bishop is as enthused about the Anzani name as Andy or Barks. Where can I find out more about the magic Marque, Anzani? Were they just engines? I know they did aero engines.