Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Nov 2008, 22:54 (Ref:2344494)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Bit of incar from WHT supports.

Don't take no notice of my efforts I was still a bit wary after smashing the front end into the pitwall during qually and the track was very slippery, a few interesting Historics including Chevrons and Lotus's out there to keep you interested (prehaps ). http://uk.youtube.com/my_videos_edit...id=gkgD8bT5ng4

BTW look out for the lightweight E-Type in the wall. There is a part 2 as well if you can stay awake!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 30 Nov 2008 at 22:59.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2344507)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Opps I have cocked up the video editing on part 2, its now a bit like Ground Hog Day still plenty of shots of the sports cars, Cubby Broccoli I ain't!
Old 1 Dec 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2344806)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Blimey I will get this right one day, the link was wrong try this! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gkgD8bT5ng4
Old 4 Dec 2008, 18:48 (Ref:2347434)   #4
Finn
Racer

Finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Ai,

What camera are you using?

Did you have to get permission before filming.
Old 4 Dec 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2347481)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
A JVC GR-D50EK mini DV tape machine, I have a DVD recorder but that just shuts down with the vibration. I think even with this machine I need to wrap a bit of rubber around the mounting clamp as you may notice it breaks down a tiny bit at high revs.
Old 4 Dec 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2347490)   #6
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
a tiny bit at high revs.
what high revs??
sound as though it max's out at 3000
ask Gordon what high revs are
Old 4 Dec 2008, 20:16 (Ref:2347491)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
About 6500!Actually it was'nt pulling clean so probably about 5500. I know whatthe problem is now its the coil or MSD unit as I installed the engine in another car with a different dizzy and it pulled clean, it is built to rev to 7800.
Old 4 Dec 2008, 23:34 (Ref:2347687)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
That looks remarkably like an Anglia that got away from you Al, as for reving I suggest you should take the slack out of the throttle cable, Also I know its a big car but is it necessary to do a 3 point turn at Luffield ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Dec 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2347866)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Enjoyed the vidio Al. Laughed at what Gordon said. I allways advise drivers at Silverstone Club that the shortest route around Brooklands and Luffield is the quickest.!
Old 5 Dec 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2347877)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Guys as I tried to explain I had just posted it to the pit wall hard in the first lap of qually and if I am truthful I was more than a bit apprehensive and seeing the E-Type in the barriers on the first lap did not build up my confidence one iota. I was happy to just get it out and finish the race after some sterling work by Moosehead and Richard Sprigg's crew in the interval when I know many here would have just gone home after shunting the car like I did so don't knock me too much. BTW I did take a wide line through there you are right as I noticed the Chevrons taking a similiar line and there was a dry line there but you are right it did'nt work!

Yes that was Richard Sprigg's Anglia there is some incar from him here in the same event http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks7WP1xJI7o Listen to the roar of the K500 special over the whine of the Anglia box!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 5 Dec 2008 at 08:37.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2347893)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's OK Al, Just winding you up for the weekend
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Dec 2008, 09:00 (Ref:2347898)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I know, I know! Actually I just watched Richard's vid again, well worth a look with much more going on than the average F1 race I just love that K500!
Old 5 Dec 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2348105)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
that anglia has one of my cylinder heads on it

bit annoying its faster than my car !
Old 5 Dec 2008, 13:29 (Ref:2348141)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
bit annoying its faster than my car !
Well what did you expect its an ANGLIA !
Old 6 Dec 2008, 10:18 (Ref:2348746)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
Well what did you expect its an ANGLIA !

It might be the driver Gordon.