Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Jan 2011, 06:03 (Ref:2818111)   #1251
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
What's really interesting is that ESM has two nice new 458s while Risi has one nice new 458 & one old 430 listed on the entry list.

DK
That's because Risi is running a single Ferrari in the remainder of the ALMS season...or so I've been told.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 07:48 (Ref:2818127)   #1252
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
That's because Risi is running a single Ferrari in the remainder of the ALMS season...or so I've been told.
The 430 that will be driven at the Sebring winter test is for sale, Autosport's classifieds section carried a half-page ad about that car.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2818302)   #1253
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Having Ed Brown and Patron bucks must really help out. If I understand it correctly, the team purchased two 430s and a year later two 458s, that is some serious coin right there.
At least one 430 was used. The Ed Brown/Guy Cosmo car was the ex-Peterson/White Lightning car. This is now the 430 that Krohn will run in ILMC.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 14:29 (Ref:2818312)   #1254
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
The Ed Brown/Guy Cosmo car was the ex-Peterson/White Lightning car. This is now the 430 that Krohn will run in ILMC.
RSC says that the 02 is the ex-Corsa Motorsports car actually, according to the archive there the Petersen car was chassis #2458 and the ESM 02 car for 2010 was chassis #2620. Also, the other car was a new car when delivered to the team.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2818331)   #1255
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
RSC says that the 02 is the ex-Corsa Motorsports car actually, according to the archive there the Petersen car was chassis #2458 and the ESM 02 car for 2010 was chassis #2620.
The guys at Krohn told me that. I figure they should know.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2818333)   #1256
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
In that case... maybe the old Petersen car got rebuilt with a new chassis number for '08 and this wasn't picked up by the archive.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2818372)   #1257
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With Highcroft still testing the LMP2 engine could they be angling from some works support in terms of funding? If all this work they have done leads to nothing this year then they are on a hiding to nothing.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...turn-with-hpd/
Old 20 Jan 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2818412)   #1258
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was only last week the ARX-01e was officially revealed and Wirth gave a strong hint the 2012 coupe would be backed by HPD.

Up until then it looked like the chassis side was winding down, now there's potentially a factory P1 program on the cards and no team is better positioned than Highcroft.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 17:50 (Ref:2818419)   #1259
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
no team is better positioned than Highcroft.
Outside of the small detail of not having the money.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2818439)   #1260
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Highcroft submtted Le Mans entry according to Speed.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2818459)   #1261
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Highcroft submtted Le Mans entry according to Speed.

As had been suggested by Murphy earlier this week.. LM and Sebring.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 19:36 (Ref:2818477)   #1262
JAG
Veteran

England
I'm sure there's a different rumour everyday, personally I'd be amazed if Highcroft are not in for the season with a P1.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2818506)   #1263
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im thinking about Brabs doing a test for Chevy . I hope to see Brabs with Highcroft ..... but I also feel that Dayton is keeping his cards close to his chest .

I wish them well .
Old 20 Jan 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2818519)   #1264
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone and there dog's have tested for Corvette during this winter, i wouldnt read anything into it.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 00:56 (Ref:2818579)   #1265
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Collard confirmed for Pescarolo for the Le Mans Series and the 24 Hours, I wonder who will replace him at Corvette? Also noticed on the Sebring test entry that Garcia is still with the team, but there's no mention of Milner. Milner will presumably be added, but Corvette will need another 3rd driver, at least for Le Mans.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2818580)   #1266
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im thinking about Brabs doing a test for Chevy . I hope to see Brabs with Highcroft ..... but I also feel that Dayton is keeping his cards close to his chest .

I wish them well .
It would be pretty awesome to see Brabham and Magnussen driving together again, but I have to assume Brabs is looking for LMP drives.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 01:21 (Ref:2818584)   #1267
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
It would be pretty awesome to see Brabham and Magnussen driving together again, but I have to assume Brabs is looking for LMP drives.
I agree; the Brabham/Magnussen pairing is my all time favorite.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 01:28 (Ref:2818587)   #1268
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brabs seems to be an old school racer and would take a drive in whatever he came up to keep his skills sharp and some time in a GT2 car might be a challenge he'd be up for if Highcroft ends up sitting out most of the season. The only sticking point would be the 2 conflicts that are be third driver races, Sebring and LM. But I guess if they needed somebody, they could do worse and his experience would help even P&M develop the Vette. Not a comment on their abilities but always good to have a fresh perspective and one who's driven about every class out there.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 02:41 (Ref:2818596)   #1269
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

I wish them well .
So "close to the vest" that his truckies and drivers are taking other jobs.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 04:29 (Ref:2818617)   #1270
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Brabs have a full time ride for 2011 full-time with someone, and then maybe with someone part time with some one else for the endurance races. Any other opines? Then again, who really knows what's going on with Highcroft, despite what DB has been saying.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 05:22 (Ref:2818622)   #1271
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Brabs have a full time ride for 2011 full-time with someone, and then maybe with someone part time with some one else for the endurance races. Any other opines? Then again, who really knows what's going on with Highcroft, despite what DB has been saying.
Perhaps what other members of the team have been saying? It's not all Brabham.

In fact, today's PR release from Highcroft makes it clear there is not yet a deal for the ALMS season.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 05:38 (Ref:2818624)   #1272
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan
I wouldn't be surprised to see Brabs have a full time ride for 2011 full-time with someone, and then maybe with someone part time with some one else for the endurance races.
I hope that happens. To see him sit out for most of the season would be sad but Im guessing he's sorting out something for this year right now. He even said that himself.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2818688)   #1273
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
With Collard confirmed for Pescarolo for the Le Mans Series and the 24 Hours, I wonder who will replace him at Corvette? Also noticed on the Sebring test entry that Garcia is still with the team, but there's no mention of Milner. Milner will presumably be added, but Corvette will need another 3rd driver, at least for Le Mans.
Don't know if it's been posted elsewhere, but Autosport suggested that Corvette were looking at Brabham and Richard Westbrook- and that Milner's deal won't be announced until all the drivers are confirmed
Old 21 Jan 2011, 14:51 (Ref:2818842)   #1274
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Don't know if it's been posted elsewhere, but Autosport suggested that Corvette were looking at Brabham and Richard Westbrook- and that Milner's deal won't be announced until all the drivers are confirmed
Well, if Milner is in, there wouldn't be room for Brabs AND Westy, just one of them.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2818852)   #1275
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Oh , that bad is it ?

Thats a real shame .