Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Sep 2016, 08:09 (Ref:3671379)   #1976
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally reckon newspapers will be gone in five years or less.

Herald -Sun is nothing but piffle and C grade journalism.

The Australian is on the down slope as well.

Our pride and joy The Exaggerator is written by work experience kids, who must be snorting or injecting themselves with illegal substances.

Please bring back The Truth, tits and bullsh@t all in one publication.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 10:07 (Ref:3671390)   #1977
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
With all the goings on in Aust for TV services:

Free To Air - Advertising cost have to be paid - costs of products cover this

Foxtel- Subscription pays(but you must have this set of channels)

Netflix- subscriptions pays

Stan, Presto etc

it seems foxhell has finally , woken up and are offering something different.
Interesting to read the blah blah from fox spin doctor ,
We have supplied the best for Aust viewrs for years, this is a further extension of our service,

hmm same spin from others

wish some other outfit would source motorsport from all over the world and stream it.

Who really needs five news channels, 5 lifestyle channels, etc,

why cant they just have Motorsport, football, etc

most logical answer,
Australians are gullible and will buy anything.
Rupert is happy making money
The technical problems of streaming high demand sport in Australia has been shown in the last month by the Optus EPL fiasco.Basically the second rate NBN Tony and friends is giving us is now and will always be incapable of handling large numbers wanting to stream the same program.
It has now been acknowledged that it will never be possible in Australia to stream major sports without buffering and complete break downs.In Sport the Internet is not a big threat to Foxtel.In other programming it is.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 11:31 (Ref:3671399)   #1978
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
It has now been acknowledged that it will never be possible in Australia to stream major sports without buffering and complete break downs.In Sport the Internet is not a big threat to Foxtel.In other programming it is.
Sport in HEVC doesn't have to use any more bitrate than Netflix.

Netfix has 1.9 MILLION subscribers - your argument is demonstrably false.

I watched almost the entire season of the BBL last year via streaming. It was EXCELLENT.

Direct engagement and bypassing of the traditional big players like Foxtel is the future of sports entertainment, in my opinion.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3671409)   #1979
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think there is another logical explanation. 70% of people are feel self entitled and feel that everything should be given to them at no effort from themselves
So anyone who doesn't have Foxtel in Australia feels self-entitled?

Give us a break
Old 10 Sep 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3671591)   #1980
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
So anyone who doesn't have Foxtel in Australia feels self-entitled?

Give us a break
Its just as logical as 30 per cent who do have foxtel are gullible, why don't you take exception with them instead of my response

But we already know the answer to that
Old 5 Oct 2016, 11:50 (Ref:3677472)   #1981
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
can i just say that if you can score a foxtel deal for next october you should take it. Bathurst channel for the week is awesome
Old 5 Oct 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3677653)   #1982
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
can i just say that if you can score a foxtel deal for next october you should take it. Bathurst channel for the week is awesome
I finally weakened and went back to Foxtel after a 7 year break. Unfortunately on Tuesday when they went to re-install it was raining so the installation was cancelled.

Rescheduled for next Tuesday.

No Bathurst channel for me this year. :-(
Old 5 Oct 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3677656)   #1983
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I finally weakened and went back to Foxtel after a 7 year break. Unfortunately on Tuesday when they went to re-install it was raining so the installation was cancelled.

Rescheduled for next Tuesday.

No Bathurst channel for me this year. :-(
Im sorry to hear that. Has been really enjoyable in the lead up to the race, lots of great memories and stories and interviews.

Would have been great to see what they dish up in between track action on the weekend, but alas i wont got to see it
Old 6 Oct 2016, 01:29 (Ref:3677685)   #1984
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1991 race and then 1984, a quick instalment of Jess, then the utes.

All before breakfast...

Almost worth staying home for.

Almost.....
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 6 Oct 2016, 05:57 (Ref:3677747)   #1985
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Couldn't agree more. Simply breath taking.

I remember hating the WA Barbagello Round in the 90s because they would delay the telecast til the FOLLOWING WEEKEND - but RPM would usually give a summary and blow the result. It was infuriating.

And now? We have a 24 hour channel. Phenomenal.

I had to duck out today for an hour and had the co-driver session LIVE on my iphone thanks to Foxtel GO.

I don't agree with a lot of Supercars' decision, but ANYONE that can POSSIBLY complain with the dedication, the analysis and the commitment on offer from FOX SPORTS is, as Neil Crompton would say, a pelican!

No stupid colour stories. No stupid vox pops from Network idiots. Just pure sports style approach, ex-racers offering ACTUAL INSIGHT! Simply fantastic. Close to perfection if it weren't for the speech impediment pit reporter but compared to previous pelicans like the monstrosity that is Matthew White, we are in telecast heaven!
Old 6 Oct 2016, 23:00 (Ref:3677972)   #1986
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watched the Brock segment of Bathurst Legends last night - a little bit or reinventing the wheel rather than using the multitude of brock doco's and reviews from over the years.

Doesn't Tomas Mezera still hold some angst from the 90s though
Old 7 Oct 2016, 02:34 (Ref:3678006)   #1987
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Early days, but Crompo's "BJR always bring their best game to Bathurst" might be hard to beat for best comedic line.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 03:06 (Ref:3678007)   #1988
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Early days, but Crompo's "BJR always bring their best game to Bathurst" might be hard to beat for best comedic line.
And Skaife's........This is Championship deciding stuff
Over 300ks on Conrod through the fastest corner in Australia
And anything Red Bull
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 7 Oct 2016, 03:21 (Ref:3678010)   #1989
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
And anything Red Bull
Not to mention the Lowndes love in.

Come Sunday we'll be hearing about "buying a ticket to the last 10 laps"

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Oct 2016, 04:13 (Ref:3678016)   #1990
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Come Sunday we'll be hearing about "buying a ticket to the last 10 laps"
We hear it every year at Indy and Daytona so I don't see why Bathurst should miss out.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 04:21 (Ref:3678018)   #1991
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Almost as predictable as an anti Holden whine from TSR.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 06:41 (Ref:3678041)   #1992
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to mention we were told today that the upcoming practice session was going to be "pressure motor racing"...
Old 7 Oct 2016, 06:51 (Ref:3678045)   #1993
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Try the Supercars TV Drinking Game

1 for every time Skaife says "extraordinary"
1 for every time Lowndes says "obviously"
1 for every time Garry Rogers says "it's early days yet"
1 for every time Cromley says "the biggest prize in Australian motorsport"

50 bucks says you'd be smashed by lunchtime................
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 7 Oct 2016, 07:13 (Ref:3678048)   #1994
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
We hear it every year at Indy and Daytona so I don't see why Bathurst should miss out.
What! It's not a Crompton original?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Oct 2016, 07:56 (Ref:3678062)   #1995
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
1 for every time Skaife says "extraordinary"
1 for every time Lowndes says "obviously"
1 for every time Garry Rogers says "it's early days yet"
1 for every time Cromley says "the biggest prize in Australian motorsport"
Mine would be after today:

1 for every time Skaife says "flow"
1 for every time Crompton says "location"
1 for every time a driver said "program"
Old 7 Oct 2016, 09:59 (Ref:3678080)   #1996
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed the coverage on TENHD so far, great quality, also have Foxsport play for the month of the enduros, not so great quality, as far as Bathurst goes unless you want Thursday coverage you don't miss much.
Old 7 Oct 2016, 22:04 (Ref:3678250)   #1997
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturi View Post
Enjoyed the coverage on TENHD so far, great quality, also have Foxsport play for the month of the enduros, not so great quality, as far as Bathurst goes unless you want Thursday coverage you don't miss much.
I disagree. I'd happily pay money to NOT hear Matthew White or see Larko's whiteboard.

FOX has so much better content and analysis in between sessions. Not Mark Howard asking Tim Slade about his fitness.

The Skaife/Ingall hosting desk is pure heaven.

Mark Skaife is the best thing to happen to the coverage in a long time ... and I spent my life hating him wanting to see that red car in the wall... so I'm telling you, he's really good in the role!
Old 8 Oct 2016, 02:52 (Ref:3678286)   #1998
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wasn't Mark Webber meant to be at Bathurst this year, as he doesn't have any WEC races this weekend
Old 8 Oct 2016, 05:31 (Ref:3678317)   #1999
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVO View Post
I disagree. I'd happily pay money to NOT hear Matthew White or see Larko's whiteboard.

FOX has so much better content and analysis in between sessions. Not Mark Howard asking Tim Slade about his fitness.

The Skaife/Ingall hosting desk is pure heaven.

Mark Skaife is the best thing to happen to the coverage in a long time ... and I spent my life hating him wanting to see that red car in the wall... so I'm telling you, he's really good in the role!
Mr Ingall was just up here in the Paddock Club.. he is sooo much less intense these days.. it's clearly a good thing for him to have retired when he did. The insight & the unrehearsed banter between himself and Mr R Kelly was genuine & quite funny..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Oct 2016, 02:40 (Ref:3678811)   #2000
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Im sorry to hear that. Has been really enjoyable in the lead up to the race, lots of great memories and stories and interviews.

Would have been great to see what they dish up in between track action on the weekend, but alas i wont got to see it
Absolutely agree that the Bathurst channel has been fantastic.
That set of 4 Legends episodes were great, not just the same old rehash of footage.

You were trackside, which will always trump a telecast, but what you think you missed wasn't really much coz as a subscriber you will know, Fox are also the masters of the repeat and the longer gaps in the broadcast (lunch times when track activity is low or zero) were filled with those same episodes.

Still, was interesting seeing people online getting upset about the constant ads and Brock Brock Brock comments, whereas every time an ad was played on Fox I either watched the smaller screen and shut the sound down or hit the Red button and flew across the Bathurst grounds with Chopper Cam. The incars were also good except they kept Craig and Ricks car cameras as options when both cars were also-rans.
With Live timing and the Fox options, I don't feel like I'm missing a thing for 4 days straight. Whats not to love?!