Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2001, 10:35 (Ref:159565)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Auto Fiction errr Action

Just reading the above Tabloid (can't think of another way to describe it really!)

Page 26 - their 'statistics' on the race. Whoever was counting safety car laps needs to get a better calculator, but what intrigued me more was their breakdown of the leaders. 25 they say - hang on I counted 26 - so started looking.

Blah blah blah...'Skaife/Longhurst....130-161....what?

Typical - they can't even credit the Shell 18 car with leading for 2 laps on laps 134 and 135 - even the Official Lap Chart on the Natsoft site gives 18 the credit for that.

I guess reading the - IMHO - abbreviated and poor coverage, I am just getting picky.

AA - lift your game!

Anyone know if AA is still for sale?
Old 12 Oct 2001, 23:48 (Ref:159905)   #2
Brock
Rookie

Brock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either of the Motorsport rags on sale weekly or fortnightly have ever been the most accurate things too read. They seem to get lost in the stories rather than reporting on the facts.
Old 13 Oct 2001, 12:44 (Ref:160062)   #3
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a former Auto Action letter of the week winner I have to say I really look forward to getting my Auto Action every Thursday morning.
Old 13 Oct 2001, 14:02 (Ref:160089)   #4
RaceTime
Veteran

Well, having now compared both the AA and MSN reports of Bathurst I am even more disgusted than ever y AA's so-called 'reporting' (I purposely left the word accurate out of that btw...)

Unless, of course, they are trying to do their bit for the federal Election and supporting conservationsists by cutting down on the raw materials they use to produce it.

Although, I could be sol bold as to say brain power obviously has not been spared in it publication lately - they are obviously having problems finding that particualr commodity.
Old 13 Oct 2001, 16:22 (Ref:160140)   #5
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes AutoAction is still on the market. Funny that no one wants to buy it.

However I think it is sad if we lose another motorsport publication.

There is another motorsport bi-monthly on its way. I posted an email from Victorian State Execs on one of the forums here recently talking about content of local motorsport in the media.

Marco made mention of a new publication soon to be released. If you can find it have a read.
Old 8 Nov 2001, 09:54 (Ref:171815)   #6
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats it, Ive bought my last copy of Auto Fiction this week. I have been thinking about this for a while now, but after buying this weeks edition and it taking me about 20 min to read it from front to back ive had enough.
It has been getting worse for a long time now, and with the internet and all the informed (and uniformed) people around here there is no use buying it to read week old stories that we already know the answers to.
Every week we are also fed some more of Tony C' s bull****.

So i can spend my $4.95 elsewhere now.

BTW, no offence to you Crash.
Old 8 Nov 2001, 10:40 (Ref:171828)   #7
RaceTime
Veteran

Intersting you say that because, after reading the letters page this week, I thought exactly the same thing.

The idiot (that's the only word I can think up) of an editor is now showing so much bias I'm surprised he is able to sit down during the day!

It would appear that no matter what AVESCO or TEGA do wrong, he can't condone any criticism of them at all.

But then again - as an editor he has treated AA like a kids magazine and his own personal playtoy since he got the position.