Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Apr 2005, 14:58 (Ref:1268774)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DC and JV. What happened?

Did anyone actually see what happened. I only saw the very end with JV off the track.

http://www.autosport-atlas.com/news.aspx?id=43331&s=5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
It was only another lap and I would have passed Rubens, but then I got hit by David. I don't know why and I'll have to ask him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauber
Jacques was unlucky to lose the final point when Coulthard ran into him in the closing stages...
I haven't found anything on the incident from DC.

It was annoying that we didn't see it, as it was the main battle in the last couple of laps with both catching Rubens.

Last edited by Adam43; 3 Apr 2005 at 14:59.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1268777)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apparently JV was out of brakes anyways.......although Ted Kravitz reported that, so it's likely wrong.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1268781)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was no gap between Jacques & Coulthard when they were catching Rubens...it's foreseeable something happened scrapping for the potential last point.

Jacques & David are buddies though right? Coulthard also had a slow following lap I recall, so maybe damage was certainly done. The Sauber technical retirement maybe arguable, there may have been brake issues - but it might be a bit of an engine saving tactic.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1268793)   #4
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I imagine a lot of driver's were experiencing brake issues. According to Steve Matchett on SPEED, Bahrain along with Montreal is one of the hardest circuits on brakes. The BAR's in particular were spewing a lot of brake dust. Funny enough they also are a team that is experiencing front end grip issues.
I am not sure about JV, but his lap times were still in line with Massa's up until his retirement.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1268797)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why would it be an engine saving (or changing?) tactic? He had a chance of a point - he probably would have got past Rubens as DC did afterwards.

It seems that they did come together, but how?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1268804)   #6
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I mean after he'd been knocked off and drove into the pits rather than finishing 10th.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1268820)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Ah, I see, sorry, I suppose they might as well change then. Although they have to do two races with the new one. They will look at it and decide.

I can't find a RBR release on the race yet.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1268825)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is one on F1-Live.com. Makes no mention of the incident however.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1268826)   #9
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The result showed him as a classified finisher but 3 laps back. Will that have any bearing on engine changes?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1268832)   #10
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Horner hasn't mentioned it on his summary of the result at the .net site.

Peter's mentioned it though, but neither he nor Jacques seem that fussed about it...I take it from that they're both too depressed to care, or perhaps it's not quite so one sided.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1268836)   #11
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Faced Boy
The result showed him as a classified finisher but 3 laps back. Will that have any bearing on engine changes?
Didn't for BAR in Australia...they were classified as one lap back finishers. Though the rules been clarified since that teams must be able to justify their retirement - in this instance, Sauber's could be collision damage, brake or suspension issues - depending on what you read.

Last edited by Hazard; 3 Apr 2005 at 15:30.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1268841)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shame because for once JV was looking a bit like a racing driver.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1268977)   #13
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Shame because for once JV was looking a bit like a racing driver.
True there!
But still a little slower than Massa.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1268983)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably JV's best day of the season.... roughly he set about the same time as Massa in Q2....
didnt see what happened with DC so cant comment....
Old 3 Apr 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1269004)   #15
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's just Jacques' luck innit?
He was somewhat close to a points paying position and he gets hit by DC. I personally was also upset in that they didn't even show what happened with Jacques, we only saw him returning from off track.
Jacques has also said that he now feels a lot more confident with the car, which can only come as good news for us, the Jacques supporters.

You know, DC got it wrong, it was Barrichello and Albers who hit him in the first lap, not Jacques!
Old 3 Apr 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1269039)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
You know, DC got it wrong, it was Barrichello and Albers who hit him in the first lap, not Jacques!
Is DC saying the first lap crash was JV's fault?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1269049)   #17
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Is DC saying the first lap crash was JV's fault?
No, DC hasn't even mentioned Jacques in what I've found so far.

I was just joking, as Barrichello bumped into the Red Bull in turn one and then in turn 10 Albers hit the back of DC, too.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1269284)   #18
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure what happened here as the TV coverage didn't show it but apparently DC has apologised to JV .
Old 3 Apr 2005, 22:47 (Ref:1269308)   #19
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
I think it was very poor coverage that. It was the hottest point of the race after DLR passed Webber, and they didn't show it.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1270004)   #20
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
From redbullracing.com:

After starting from 14th on the grid, DC never gave up, but the way he got ninth place, before challenging Barrichello, involved running into the back of Jacques Villeneuve’s Sauber, pushing the Canadian out of the way.

David was really embarrassed about this and walked in on the Canadian while he was having a shower at the track to apologise after the race. Naked Jacques accepted the apology (he was hardly going to start a fight with no clothes on!) as the two drivers are good mates. Villeneuve is even giving Coulthard a lift back to Europe in his private jet. So, David, you might want to pack a parachute in case Jacques has a change of heart.

DC was already coming back on Jacques' plane before the race, so he said "I wanted to make sure I was still welcome..."

Last edited by Jordi; 4 Apr 2005 at 16:08.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1270033)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A ncie example of Red Bull's style in that press release there, but good of DC to set the record straight. Maybe JV did lose out on this occasion.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1270133)   #22
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's very refreshing to read some of the press releases or reports on the RedBull site........ often they are written with a lot of humour
Old 4 Apr 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1270219)   #23
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
It really is great. You can just picture DC and JV and make some funny stories, though I don't think any of 'em need them!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1271183)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i wonder how much of his $25K per point bonus DC is going to give JV for the free trip back home?
Old 5 Apr 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1271199)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
What happened? Did DC nudge JV in the rear, or the side? Was there any damage to DC's car? Hd DC had many goes at overtaking JV? He had been about 1s behind since the last stops.