Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2015, 16:42 (Ref:3551229)   #426
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Thanks! What is a torrent and can you point me towards it? Thanks again!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

http://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php

And maybe check your private messages.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 01:32 (Ref:3551401)   #427
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jeremy Shaw did Truswell as he was there on Eurosport booth for 24 hours straight with minimal non on air moments. Good effort! The other UK people were doing the usual nonsense mistakes in rapid fashion, but I filtered it through. Marc Cole was probably at his worst this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
In the days of fast broadband, I failed to understand why people bother with torrents any more......
Is that a bad joke?
Old 17 Jun 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3551524)   #428
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One of the first things I did when I got home was download the entire race to make sure I have a lasting copy. Loads of great Le Mans coverage has been pulled from YouTube in the last few years, so there's no guarantee you can watch it. Especially when the ACO don't seem to have discovered 'on-demand'.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 16:08 (Ref:3551594)   #429
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Huh? It's not like the full race is going to appear on Netflix.
Sorry, but I've never found a need to bother with torrents. I'm sure the technology is a lot better than it used to be.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Is that a bad joke?
Er, no.....
Old 17 Jun 2015, 23:38 (Ref:3551707)   #430
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Without these "alternatives" I wouldn't be able to watch 95% of TV related stuff I'm actually following, as most of it is non-mainstream stuff. Even if I paid for streaming services. And most definitely not in 1080p or even 720p... watching standard definition nowadays is like still using 90s CRT monitor.
Old 18 Jun 2015, 05:52 (Ref:3551761)   #431
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough....
Old 18 Jun 2015, 07:26 (Ref:3551781)   #432
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's sad that torrents are the only way to watch the race later. It is strange that they offer a live stream but dont have that on demand.
Old 20 Jun 2015, 06:29 (Ref:3552343)   #433
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Television & streaming

So I paid up for the official stream and was quite impressed with the picture quality, not much stuttering or the like. Froze up a few times on my phone but I'd put that down to my end, it does that with other internet stuff.
I wasn't happy at first about having to pay for the stream but having watched half the race on and off for $13, $1 an hour basically which isn't much when you think about it so I'll do it again next year.

Only downside is that whilst watching the final hours I fell asleep half an hour before the end and woke up fifteen minutes after race end

One can hardly blame the FIA/ACO for that lol
Old 20 Jun 2015, 06:39 (Ref:3552346)   #434
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Don't sit in a too comfy chair next time
Old 20 Jun 2015, 08:51 (Ref:3552367)   #435
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Only downside is that whilst watching the final hours I fell asleep half an hour before the end and woke up fifteen minutes after race end

One can hardly blame the FIA/ACO for that lol
They could always start & finish at a better time for us down under
Old 20 Jun 2015, 09:33 (Ref:3552372)   #436
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Television & streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Don't sit in a too comfy chair next time

I was in bed for the last couple hours, it was late evening and I had to get up for work six hours after the finish. Comfy and warm. Bad idea! I'm gonna watch race finish in a cold bath next year if I'm not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
They could always start & finish at a better time for us down under

I know right? How inconsiderate
Old 20 Jun 2015, 09:41 (Ref:3552374)   #437
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One of my few gripes from being at Le Mans this year was the amount of adverts they repeatedly put up on the big screens. Mostly for the ACO's own stuff like the stupid feminine pavilion.

With 30mins to go and they're still doing it. It just felt a bit needless. But that said the overall level of the coverage through the night was much improved on last year which had felt like a low point.
Old 20 Jun 2015, 15:53 (Ref:3552463)   #438
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Agreed. I got sick of that Pavillion advert which was on constant repeat for quite some time. It was also noticeable that some of the big screens weren't actually all that big, taking into account the large horizontal segments at top and bottom....

But the night coverage was many times better than the hopeless show last year.
Old 20 Jun 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3552486)   #439
Deleted
Veteran

Whole race in HD with fully integrated RLM comms is already available "in certain places", and has been for some time, but still no cap with Fox Sports comms. For last couple of years the only ones in offer in respect to those have been short highlight caps from Australian SPEED anyway, but that was still something

I wanna hear how ms (mrs?) Howe fared in commentary debut.

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Jun 2015 at 17:58.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 11:31 (Ref:3552684)   #440
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
With 30mins to go and they're still doing it. It just felt a bit needless. But that said the overall level of the coverage through the night was much improved on last year which had felt like a low point.
About a minute after Hulkenberg's took the flag they put a cheesy advert/fan compilation video on the screens. Not a problem if you have a view of the pit-straight but if you were watching the end of the race from Arnage like me, you didn't get to see any of the other class leaders cross the line. Thoroughly unimpressed with that.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 16:37 (Ref:3553388)   #441
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/wec-24...cord_3252.html

500k downloads, which doesn't necessarily mean 500k purchases, but I guess pretty close to it.

It says it have videos on demand now, what are those? Can purchasers now watch the onboards, for instance, after the race has finished?
Old 23 Jun 2015, 17:20 (Ref:3553395)   #442
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
It says it have videos on demand now, what are those? Can purchasers now watch the onboards, for instance, after the race has finished?
I think it means the random clips, the same ones you can see on WEC's Youtube/Dailymotion channels, not the race/session broadcasts...

"or the final five races of the 2015 season can be purchased for 16.99€", at least the website still has the old price which is 19.99.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 04:29 (Ref:3554641)   #443
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Could jokingly call her Mrs. Truswell...She did very well I thought and paid much more attention to race strategy than most of her booth colleagues. Did a great job of tracking laps since pit stops, etc...
Old 1 Jul 2015, 17:10 (Ref:3555241)   #444
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Technically she should be Mrs. Sellers. It seems that there are a lot of people who don't realize that Jamie Howe is married to Falken driver Bryan Sellers. The baby he hugged at the end of the race on Sunday was their baby.

And I wasn't really a fan of her commentary. She didn't seem engaged enough. Each time she spoke was so long after the previous time that I kept forgetting she was even involved.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3556561)   #445
Deleted
Veteran

Knew of her involvement with Sellers and saw her pregnant last year, but didn't know they were married. Good for them

Still hoping to hear from them at some point.

I guess they didn't give her much air time was cause it was the debut.
Old 24 Feb 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3617409)   #446
Deleted
Veteran

US FOX Sports comms lineup for the 24 hours, shockingly early:

Bob Varsha (Charlotte bunkers)
Brian Till (Charlotte bunkers)
Calvin Fish (Charlotte bunkers)
Tommy Kendall (Charlotte bunkers)
Jamie Howe (Charlotte bunkers)
Justin Bell (on site pits)
Andrew Marriot (on site pits)

No Scott Pruett this year either, relief to many.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 21:24 (Ref:3627298)   #447
Deleted
Veteran

I ask this every year (with pleasant results in recent times!), but can anyone confirm whether there is some important Eurosport-covered cycling conflicting with Le Mans this year? You know so that we potentially could not have CK there again ruining the mood.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 08:15 (Ref:3627411)   #448
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I ask this every year (with pleasant results in recent times!), but can anyone confirm whether there is some important Eurosport-covered cycling conflicting with Le Mans this year? You know so that we potentially could not have CK there again ruining the mood.
Depending on how much of the UCI World Tour they cover, but Tour de Suisse is 11-19 June.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 09:39 (Ref:3627425)   #449
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Depending on how much of the UCI World Tour they cover, but Tour de Suisse is 11-19 June.
Eurosport did show Suisse last year (and traditionally) but it wasn't on a cycling calendar I saw of theirs for 2016. So I'm not sure.

That said Eurosport now have 3 sets of possible commentator pairings that they roll out for cycling these days - so it's not a given Carlton would be on duty anyway - especially as that race overlaps with the Dauphine for two days.

Hopefully it's a case now where Eurosport are happy with the Le Mans team they've put in place in the years without Kirby. But it's a slightly more nervous situation than in previous years.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 21:17 (Ref:3627892)   #450
Deleted
Veteran

CK's Eurosport LM gigs have been irregular from the very beginning (as you can see below the percentage of him being there in live comms is now at 50%) so I very much doubt they care whether or not there's some "established team" or not. It's just random chance with the schedulings. Let's hope for the best and have him as far away from Sarthe as possible again.

2008 X
2010 X
2012 X
2013 X