Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 4 Aug 2016, 13:13 (Ref:3663422)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2016 Petit Le Mans

Guess who has 2 thumbs and just bought tickets for Petit?

I figure we should start a 2016 thread so we don't have to keep using the 2015 one.

I'll be there Wednesday evening as usual, and escape as early as possible on Sunday morning.

I'll bring boudin, and any other things y'all want from Louisiana.

I can also bring a popup tent if we need another one.

I won't bring rain gear as it won't be necessary this year.
Old 4 Aug 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3663427)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We're in a drought right now so I expect no grass where Andrew threw out seed and expect beautiful weather come the end of September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'll be there Wednesday evening as usual, and escape as early as possible on Sunday morning.
ETA depends on the number of haircuts.
Old 4 Aug 2016, 14:05 (Ref:3663428)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
We're in a drought right now so I expect no grass where Andrew threw out seed and expect beautiful weather come the end of September.

ETA depends on the number of haircuts.
I opened this thread while getting a haircut
Old 4 Aug 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3663429)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I opened this thread while getting a haircut
That's just lovely. I'll give your Mazda a haircut, whatever that means...
Old 4 Aug 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3663431)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
That's just lovely. I'll give your Mazda a haircut, whatever that means...
I actually have some Mazda merchandise I'll bring you, and you can do with it as you please.
Old 4 Aug 2016, 14:24 (Ref:3663433)   #6
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I'm skipping this year and corner working the SCCA Run Offs @ Mid-Ohio instead.

Have fun guys!
Old 4 Aug 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3663434)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I actually have some Mazda merchandise I'll bring you, and you can do with it as you please.
As long as you bring that bomb ass LA sausage, you can bring whatever you want!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm skipping this year and corner working the SCCA Run Offs @ Mid-Ohio instead.

Have fun guys!
Thx, Coach. Hope you enjoy the run offs. Nice to have them back at MidOhio, wish we had TV coverage like we used to and hope they'll come back to Road ATL one day.
Old 4 Aug 2016, 16:52 (Ref:3663445)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I just put it together that this is technically next month!

Hooray!
Old 4 Aug 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3663455)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I just put it together that this is technically next month!

Hooray!
yup, i need to get my **** together before then.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 02:55 (Ref:3663518)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I'm thinking about checking out how bad the grass is at the site on the Gridlife Saturday and see how crazy those guys are in a few weeks but just for the day. Might bring some seed in a fit of optimism but straw might be better and hope it just makes a decent base for the drought dance. And I'll be there for the Fall Historics but that's two weeks before Petit so not much could be done then.

Haven't bought any new toys but there is a month plus to go and Cabela's isn't that far away to find something. And yeah, I'll be there Tuesday sometime so potentially pictures of practice to taunt all you working stiffs. And it will be infinitely better than sleeping in the truck has been.

I'll work on the menu but figure I'll make a few breakfasts, biscuits and desserts as usual. I may try out cinnamon rolls instead of biscuits one morning, haven't tried them in my oven yet.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 12:21 (Ref:3663558)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Any feeling one way or the other with the smoker?

Please don't taunt angry working stiffs.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 12:31 (Ref:3663560)   #12
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thx, Coach. Hope you enjoy the run offs. Nice to have them back at MidOhio, wish we had TV coverage like we used to and hope they'll come back to Road ATL one day.
There should be live streaming again starting at Fri 9/23. SpeedcastTV did (some of) it in the past (not sure if that included last year) and they might be doing it again, check http://www.scca.com/runoffs closer towards the event.

And yes, Road Atlanta is long overdue a comeback of the Runoffs - not a matter of 'if' but 'when'. The 2017 venue will be Indy, VIR and Watkins Glen are the most heard tracks for 2018 but who knows. When the day comes for the ROs to return to their spiritual home, I'll be there!
Old 5 Aug 2016, 12:46 (Ref:3663562)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

I say smoke em if you got em.

Also, is that Aussie grill from last year still around?
Old 5 Aug 2016, 12:51 (Ref:3663563)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I say smoke em if you got em.

Also, is that Aussie grill from last year still around?
I think we left it there to die after the Mitty. Someone, maybe even me, will bring one or something to use.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 12:56 (Ref:3663565)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I think we left it there to die after the Mitty. Someone, maybe even me, will bring one or something to use.
OK, thanks. Camping without a grill would be sacrosanct.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3663578)   #16
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

If I can find, rent or buy a small trailer I'm thinking I'll bring it up. Yeah, the truck is full with all the other stuff I bring along. It should be fine running off the generator. If I bring it I may try to get the generator on my way up and do them Wed so there's food done while everyone is setting up. About 6 hours so I figure Wed or Sat is best depending when everyone is getting in. May to make them once more at the house to get the recipe down.

Think Eric has an aussie grill still if Petit is in their world traveling Alaska cruising schedule. Don't think Tony's could have held another hot dog after the Mitty. At least without duct tape and lots of foil reinforcement.

And I'm guessing Tuesday will only be Miatas and whatever Conti/Lites guys are there early. No loud Lambos this year, and no idea who's replacing them although I'd guess a fancy Beetle race series. Would love to see some Lites guys trialling LMP3s but guessing that would be a private test day.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3663628)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm planning on going but I haven't discussed it with my new boss since the interview. Hopefully, it won't be an issue.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:47 (Ref:3663632)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'm planning on going but I haven't discussed it with my new boss since the interview. Hopefully, it won't be an issue.
Tell him I'll be there and he'll be cool with it
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:56 (Ref:3663634)   #19
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Tell him I'll be there and he'll be cool with it
He is a LSU fan...
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3663636)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
He is a LSU fan...
He sounds like a reasonably intelligent man he'll understand
Old 5 Aug 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3663639)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
He wears shorts in interviews; he's cool.

Quote:
He drives air boats...
Quote:
He sounds like a reasonably drunk man he'll understand
Fixed them.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 5 Aug 2016 at 18:09.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3663643)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
He wears shorts in interviews; he's cool.

Fixed them.
Rofl
Old 6 Aug 2016, 00:07 (Ref:3663731)   #23
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Sorry, I did assume you'd be there without checking and was just thinking aloud. I don't have any plans yet for a trailer and have to see what the track would charge for it. Might be able to get it on the hitch rack but have a couple weeks to work on it. And a few weeks to test of the recipe again and make sure it's good.

Have a couple interviews myself this month so hoping there won't be any problems on the horizon here.
Old 6 Aug 2016, 01:55 (Ref:3663752)   #24
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
About that... It has rained across north ATL every day for the last month. It has been a normal, annoying, hot, Georgia summer here. It won't stop raining enough for me to mow the lawn or wash the truck. I keep hearing the drought talk, but I ain't seeing it where I live or work. I tell ya, the g̶r̶a̶s̶s̶ weeds are thriving.

That being said, I did go to Cleveland a couple weeks ago and it looked a little crispy up there. Hopefully the track has received the amount of rain (minus the storm where God tried to take me out again) that I have and it's nice and green.

I think the opposite happened a few years ago, if I remember correctly. You got all the rain and I had none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Sorry, I did assume you'd be there without checking and was just thinking aloud. I don't have any plans yet for a trailer and have to see what the track would charge for it. Might be able to get it on the hitch rack but have a couple weeks to work on it. And a few weeks to test of the recipe again and make sure it's good.

Have a couple interviews myself this month so hoping there won't be any problems on the horizon here.
No offense taken or intended. I've been under-the-weather this week and didn't even put that together. I just wanted to post and let y'all know I was still alive! Look forward to seeing you buddy!
Old 6 Aug 2016, 02:33 (Ref:3663760)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
About that... It has rained across north ATL every day for the last month. It has been a normal, annoying, hot, Georgia summer here. It won't stop raining enough for me to mow the lawn or wash the truck. I keep hearing the drought talk, but I ain't seeing it where I live or work. I tell ya, the g̶r̶a̶s̶s̶ weeds are thriving.

That being said, I did go to Cleveland a couple weeks ago and it looked a little crispy up there. Hopefully the track has received the amount of rain (minus the storm where God tried to take me out again) that I have and it's nice and green.

I think the opposite happened a few years ago, if I remember correctly. You got all the rain and I had none.

No offense taken or intended. I've been under-the-weather this week and didn't even put that together. I just wanted to post and let y'all know I was still alive! Look forward to seeing you buddy!
Until last night, Athens was 8" behind on rain for the year (pretty sure I was 12" behind) We got half of that back yesterday.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/S...onitor.aspx?GA

Last 3 years, I either am constantly cutting grass or I'm looking at a brown yard.