Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 Jul 2015, 00:36 (Ref:3562065)   #401
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indianapolis Motor Speedway is an IndyCar track that has long since been to fast for open wheel cars. Nascar races there give someone who can appreciate the speedway and it's history a chance to say "I won at Indy", which I honestly think is cool. It's an event that the competitors mark on their calendars to win. Beyond that, the only race I really enjoyed watching was when Awesome Bill won.

They should just race at IRP / ORP or whatever it's called there days. Don't think I've ever seen a bad race there...
Old 29 Jul 2015, 01:04 (Ref:3562071)   #402
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
They should just race at IRP / ORP or whatever it's called there days. Don't think I've ever seen a bad race there...
I don't disagree with this, I'd far rather see them run at IRP, rather where they are running now!
Old 29 Jul 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3562149)   #403
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think if they went back and added the apron back to one & two the racing would be better.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 14:43 (Ref:3562177)   #404
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good read.

http://www.competitionplus.com/cp-mo...n-life-support
Old 29 Jul 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3562211)   #405
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
That was a fun read. I put that in the "Times they are a changing "
category and the author well documented its changes. As I once heard
and find true, change is a constant, whether its for the good or
not so good is up to every individual to decide how it truly effects
their place in life.

As far as tv programing, I really think the internet will be the
main source of programing over the next decade or so. I am really
happy with Racebuddy at the Nascar site. Putting that
on with a subscribed scanner service on as the main volume
gives me a little bit better entertainment value than the network
with the commentating. The network does look better on HD along with
replays so I will keep it on and rarely turn up its volume.

To get to the younger crowds, my idea is to put them in the race
with their game controllers. That technology has to be in the not
too distant future. Then hopefully the younger generation will want
to go buy a ticket and see it live at some point. Nothing will hook
a fan more than appealing to all the senses at once standing on a fence
at a track. I guess that's what happen to all of us right?
Old 29 Jul 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3562222)   #406
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Wow.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/sto...ampshire-motor
Old 29 Jul 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3562303)   #407
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
"He said the approximate $100 million devaluation of the facility relates to the worth of the events to the track."

Ouch.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3562590)   #408
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Investment could bring Clint Bowyer to CGR

After much speculation, it appears Rob Kauffman could be leaving his position as co-owner of NASCAR's Michael Waltrip Racing.

On Thursday, Chip Ganassi Racing confirmed that Kauffman was buying a part of its team, which means if the sale goes through, he'll have to end his eight-year affiliation with MWR.

The Ganassi statement was short and to the point.

"We confirm Rob Kauffman has agreed to acquire an interest in the team," it said. "Further discussions regarding the 2016 season and beyond are underway."

The statement is vague, but those aforementioned discussions could have a big impact in NASCAR.

Earlier this week, Fox Sports reported that Kauffman's investment in CGR would allow him to take over Felix Sabates' minority stake in the team, but that Ganassi would retain primary control.

Sources also told SportsBusiness Daily that if Kauffman bought a piece of Chip Ganassi Racing, he would move Clint Bowyer's No. 15 team from MWR to CGR.

What that would mean for co-owner Michael Waltrip and MWR's other driver, David Ragan, is unclear. However, according to David Wilson, the president of Toyota's racing division, MWR has yet to confirm which manufacturer it will align with in 2016.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-s...#ixzz3hPCeIuoc
Old 30 Jul 2015, 20:14 (Ref:3562614)   #409
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would Clint's sponsors move as well?
Old 30 Jul 2015, 23:08 (Ref:3562655)   #410
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Would Clint's sponsors move as well?
That's what I'm hearing. This whole situation is going to get crazy, before it settles!
Old 2 Aug 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3563319)   #411
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like Pocono. Seems the fans do too. Stands look crowded as does the parking lots / camping areas.
Old 2 Aug 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3563320)   #412
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
And just like that, the fantasy team is screwed. Kahne is out in a scarily similar accident to Jeb Burton's accident in practice yesterday. Glad there was no pitstops happening. Hope the flying helmet didn't hit anyone. Think it's time for a change.
Old 2 Aug 2015, 21:36 (Ref:3563363)   #413
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to have enough gas to win the race. Made for a pretty good finish.
Old 2 Aug 2015, 22:01 (Ref:3563367)   #414
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Thank goodness for Kenseth. I had thought that awful duo Kyle and Logano would sweep it.
Old 2 Aug 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3563371)   #415
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was a fairly decent day of fun and drama.
Brad K gives his impression of a 3500# bowling ball.
I think everyone in the pit got up and was ok. Listening to
Duchess on the scanner the whole race as usual, her
crew chief told her with 10 to go to hammer down
and no worries with fuel. 2 to go it went dry, and the
not nice Danica came on the radio. Crew chief deserved it.
They still got a 16th but could have been a 12th or even
better.

Really looking forward to the road course next week.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 04:33 (Ref:3563417)   #416
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Thank goodness for Kenseth. I had thought that awful duo Kyle and Logano would sweep it.
Capt Snothead and Sliced Doosh dominating is getting old, but what can I say? Where are the others? On better fuel mileage today, thankfully.

Sounded like a crazy race on MRN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post

Really looking forward to the road course next week.
Me too! Love this series at the Glen.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 22:12 (Ref:3563614)   #417
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Well, the race this weekend is my weekend off from watching races, the last weekend off for the year. Unlike seemingly, everybody else here, I don't like road-racing, even when it's stock cars. So, I'll skip this one, like I skipped Sears Point earlier in the year. I skipped Indianapolis, two weekends ago, as well, I don't like that track either. I'll read about who won on Jayski's. Y'all enjoy your race. I be watching again, weekend after this!
Old 10 Aug 2015, 21:54 (Ref:3565203)   #418
canamman
Veteran

United States
This track needs to be in the chase.
Glad there was not a demo derby at the finish.
Good racing with the intrigue of who had enough gas.
Apparently the leader did not with 2 corners to go.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 23:44 (Ref:3565219)   #419
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Very sad news. Buddy Baker was one the nicest guys known. His 1980 Daytona 500 win is still the fastest race ever run. The world is a much less bright place today. R.I.P. Buddy! Prayers for the Baker Family.

Sad News - Buddy Baker: Buddy Baker, who won the 1980 Daytona 50 and at 6-foot-6 was NASCAR's "Gentle Giant," died Monday. He was 74. Baker died after a brief battle with lung cancer, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio said. Baker left his job as co-host of "The Late Shift" for the station last month when he announced he had a "huge" inoperable lung tumor. "Do not shed a tear. Give a smile when you say my name. I'm not saying goodbye. Just talk to you later," Baker said in his final radio appearance. Baker rode for more than 30 years and was honored as one of NASCAR's 50 greatest drivers in 1998. He was the first driver to exceed 200 mph on a closed course. The milestone came in 1970 at Talladega Superspeedway, where he won four times. Born Elzie Wylie Baker Jr., Baker was the son of two-time champion and NASCAR Hall of Famer Buck Baker. He made his Cup Series debut in 1959 and ran his final race in 1992. Baker won 19 races, highlighted by the 1980 victory at Daytona. He also won the 1970 Southern 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 in 1968, 1972 and 1973. He ranks 14th in NASCAR with 38 poles from 700 starts from 1959-1992. He had 202 top-five finishes and 311 top 10s. "Many of today's fans may know Buddy Baker as one of the greatest storytellers in the sport's history, a unique skill that endeared him to millions," NASCAR chairman and CEO Brian France said. "But those who witnessed his racing talent recognized Buddy as a fast and fierce competitor, setting speed records and winning on NASCAR's biggest stages. It is that dual role that made Buddy an absolute treasure who will be missed dearly." Baker raced for Petty Enterprises in 1971 and 1972, winning one race each season. "Buddy was always wide open and that's the way he raced and lived his life. He was always full of energy," Hall of Fame driver Richard Petty said. "He was a person you wanted to be around because he always made you feel better." After retiring from racing, Baker remained involved in NASCAR. He was a broadcaster for The Nashville Network, then CBS and finally SiriusXM NASCAR Radio when the station started a NASCAR channel in 2007. "I just want to say goodbye to everyone," Baker said before signing off from his final broadcast, which lasted about 40 minutes. "Thanks for being a friend."(Associated Press)(8-10-2015)
Old 10 Aug 2015, 23:53 (Ref:3565220)   #420
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
I have to disagree, my friend. This is too much of a wild card. Too much can happen, that is out of the control of the drivers. I say the same thing about Talladega, too much of a wild card. The tracks that make it up should be a bit more predictable, less prone to massive/freakish accidents.
Old 11 Aug 2015, 04:49 (Ref:3565248)   #421
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Agree 100% on this track needing to be part of the Chase.
Old 11 Aug 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3565278)   #422
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I have to disagree, my friend. This is too much of a wild card. Too much can happen, that is out of the control of the drivers. I say the same thing about Talladega, too much of a wild card. The tracks that make it up should be a bit more predictable, less prone to massive/freakish accidents.
That's cool. I know that's not your thing.

For me, I just need some action if my eyes are going to stay
on the channel. By action, I like the "hub to hub, bumper to bumper"
variety. Free Harley if you can name who made that saying famous.
Old 11 Aug 2015, 17:22 (Ref:3565364)   #423
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Very sad news. Buddy Baker was one the nicest guys known. His 1980 Daytona 500 win is still the fastest race ever run. The world is a much less bright place today. R.I.P. Buddy! Prayers for the Baker Family.

Sad News - Buddy Baker:
Sad news, indeed. Say what you want to about Eii Gold's football affiliations, but Buddy and Eli on TNN was up there with my favorites at calling races on TV.

His prime racing days were before my time, but always like the man.

RIP Buddy

Old 11 Aug 2015, 20:45 (Ref:3565404)   #424
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Sad news, indeed. Say what you want to about Eii Gold's football affiliations, but Buddy and Eli on TNN was up there with my favorites at calling races on TV.

His prime racing days were before my time, but always like the man.

RIP Buddy

A shame you were not able to see Buddy drive. He was a Junior Johnson style driver, HARD charger! Keep it floored, wide open, either blow it up, wreck or come in first place! One Hell of a driver! He was exciting to watch!
Old 11 Aug 2015, 20:47 (Ref:3565406)   #425
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
That's cool. I know that's not your thing.

For me, I just need some action if my eyes are going to stay
on the channel. By action, I like the "hub to hub, bumper to bumper"
variety. Free Harley if you can name who made that saying famous.
I wish I could tell you. I need a new Harley, since I no longer have the one I had. But, just got home from work and am completely burned out. Brain won't function enough to remember anything! Just completely burned out.