Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Nov 2003, 16:36 (Ref:774982)   #1
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plum Pudding Meeting Mallory Park

Following approaches by Competitors lamenting the fact that Mallory's Traditional Plum Pudding meeting would not, this year, have any car races, the Midlands Centre of BARC are going to run 2 races for Monopostos and 2 for Caterhams.

Interested Competitors and Marshals should contact the usual people at the club ASAP.

Sheila
Old 6 Nov 2003, 18:33 (Ref:775110)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
COOL!
Old 6 Nov 2003, 22:43 (Ref:775291)   #3
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it still Boxing day and who is the Chief to go through.
RS
Old 6 Nov 2003, 22:50 (Ref:775298)   #4
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
wish there was a vee race....
Old 6 Nov 2003, 23:03 (Ref:775308)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, not even sure they qualify for Monoposto!
Old 7 Nov 2003, 08:52 (Ref:775740)   #6
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What I should have mentioned in my first posting is that if you log on the BARC web site (www.barc.net) and go to the Midlands Centre section you will find your contact details on there. Competitions secretary is Noreen Ward and Chief Marshal is Fred Bromley.

And yes, it is still on Boxing Day!

Hope to see you all there.

Sheila
Old 7 Nov 2003, 11:07 (Ref:775819)   #7
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A vee would qualify.
Monoposto is single seater. Not sure it is a mono sanctioned event. Its prob a libre race
Old 7 Nov 2003, 12:27 (Ref:775880)   #8
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by Lola
Not sure it is a mono sanctioned event.
Oh yes it is!!!
Old 7 Nov 2003, 13:31 (Ref:775955)   #9
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Oops!

Sorry my mistake. The Monoposto race is for cars which COMPLY with Monoposto regs. Hopefully this information will enable more of you to take part?

Sheila
Old 7 Nov 2003, 21:17 (Ref:776331)   #10
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never considered myself sad enough to go to the Plum Pudding meeting but 2 Caterham races?
Nope! Still not that desperate......Try me about 9-00am on Boxing Day when I'm being force-fed with bacon, eggs and turkey at my parents.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 21:34 (Ref:776340)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
chris....how could you let your fellow caterham buddies down....especially when theve been marshalling this year too.....go and sit in the corner....ah ah....turn around
Old 7 Nov 2003, 23:31 (Ref:776411)   #12
pixie
Racer

pixie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I clear up something here.....................

are you now saying that the Plum WILL be both a Bike and Car event or is this Caterham event being held else where?

My reason for asking is that due to last years "problems" putting it politely New Era weren't going go run a combined event and sent out regs on that basis
Old 8 Nov 2003, 22:24 (Ref:777232)   #13
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope it can be as good this year as it has been in the past. With a bit of luck I might be going.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:06 (Ref:778638)   #14
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plum Pudding races will be at Mallory on Boxing Day. Mostly bike races with four car races thrown in - these will be two races for Caterham Graduates and two races for Monopostos.

After the "unresolvable issues" of last year, it was anounced that there would be no car races this year. I was a bit disappointed, so I approached New Era (bikes) and BARC Midlands (cars) to see if having a different car organiser, these issues might be overcome. And it seems they have been (and I'll be b*llocking the Caterham guys prior to the race to make sure they don't leak any fluids and if they do, to get off the track ASAP).

Hope this helps...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 12:20 (Ref:778729)   #15
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Got the following off the BARC Midlands Website:

Following requests from some competitors for the Centre to organise the car races that traditionally are part of Mallory's Plum Pudding Meeting (and which did not appear to be there this year), we are pleased to report that Headquarters have agreed that we can.
There will be one practice session and two races for Caterham Academy and Caterham Graduate cars, and one practice session and two races for cars that comply with the Monoposto Regulations.
Mainly due to us being able to share costs with the Motorcycle racers who form the bulk of the meeting, we are offering a Christmas Present Entry Fee cost of just £100.00 for the two races.

Further details of who to contact are on the BARC Midlands website.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 21:42 (Ref:779221)   #16
pixie
Racer

pixie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmmm................. after last years episode I promised myself I wouldn't enter a joint meeting again, bad enugh the sidecars doing it to us all year without cars shating themselves at Christmas, the weather can be a big enough problem without having extra slippery issues from within so to speak. Now I know they don't it deliberately and they are not all the same but................

will have to have a think about this...................

Last edited by pixie; 10 Nov 2003 at 21:44.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 00:02 (Ref:779339)   #17
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid I can't do it. I know the line between life and death and trying to put don probbies on Boxing Day is a certain quick trip into a pine box!!!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 09:08 (Ref:779587)   #18
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by graeme
(and I'll be b*llocking the Caterham guys prior to the race to make sure they don't leak any fluids and if they do, to get off the track ASAP).
Just to put the record straight on this......

There seems to be a belief that all the holdups at last year's Plum Pudding meeting were caused by cars leaking fluids. I was at the Hairpin, where we had two major fluid spills. One was petrol which a car dropped in the last practice session; a combination of a wet track & low temperature meant that it didn't evaporate as it would normally have done, so we had to wash it off. The second was oil from a bike which had the flexible pipe into the oil cooler fail as it entered the bend. Honours equal there, I'd say!

As a marshal who does more or less equal amounts of car & bike marshalling (actual figures this year are 29 days cars, 30 days bikes - does that make me a 'bike' marshal? ) I find the 'us & them' attitude sad; I must say that at last year's PP there were no such problems trackside.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 09:30 (Ref:779611)   #19
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Just clear things up a bit, I'm the Caterhams drivers rep - we don't want to muck up the bikes day and hopefully we're a bit more oil tight than a lot of other series.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 09:59 (Ref:779637)   #20
ascarracinguk
Veteran

hell forget the bikes....bring on the clatterams....cant wait!!!....perfect way to spend boxing day!...and my first trip to mallory
Old 11 Nov 2003, 13:32 (Ref:779813)   #21
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by graeme
hopefully we're a bit more oil tight than a lot of other series.
It ain't the oil that's the problem......it's the rear mudguards!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 13:36 (Ref:779821)   #22
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by ascarracinguk
hell forget the bikes....
Forget 'em? 'Enjoy' is the word I'd use!

Quote:
perfect way to spend boxing day!...and my first trip to mallory
Better than visiting the family!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 14:35 (Ref:779871)   #23
Dave Cooney
Rookie

United Kingdom
Derby
Dave Cooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As chief marshal for New Era I'm glad the cars are know joining the fun on Boxing day and hopefully there will be no 'them & us' attitude on the bank. I say lets all work together and make the meeting the success it was a couple of years ago.

One question I can't find the answer to at the moment is do cars use Edwinas?

Hope to see lots of you there, any problems with tickets etc PM me and I will do my best to sort it.

Dave
Old 11 Nov 2003, 14:38 (Ref:779875)   #24
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Cooney
One question I can't find the answer to at the moment is do cars use Edwinas?

Tried just the once I believe. Unpopular with drivers and, (unsurprisingly) due to design, gravel dragged on to the circuit a great deal by corner cutting/late braking/overtaking attempts.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 14:44 (Ref:779887)   #25
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
I'm told the cars won't be using Edwinas (nor the Bus Stop!) on Boxing Day - thanks in advance for moving all that recticel back and forth!

And can you pick up the rear wings carefully - with a bit of tape and fibreglass resin they almost always are usable again... (I stop on the slowing down lap for mine!).