Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:54 (Ref:3032261)   #51
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
If they restart, that surface damn well better be in good enough shape! NASCAR will be in deeper **** than they can imagine if it's not, and something gives when the field goes over the top of that area at speed!

They've already dodged a HUGE bullet in that neither Montoya nor the truck driver seem to be hurt!
I hope so because (un?)official announcement has been made that in 30-60 minutes, the race will resume.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 05:08 (Ref:3032268)   #52
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They race resumes. Reports are that the patch feels rough there, but Nascar will risk it and go anyway.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 06:00 (Ref:3032276)   #53
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good for Kennseth and crew.

Long, strange race.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 06:12 (Ref:3032280)   #54
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Looks like the Fords either need a bit of pegging back, or the other guys need a slight increase in power or something.

And they'll use the tandem for as long as it provides any advantage. I don't know if it was mainly due to the rain washing off a bunch of rubber, but the outside lane could not go, unless the drivers paired up.

I could see some adjustments coming for Talladega, but we'll have to wait on word of that.

On to Phoenix, which, ironically, was the last track at which they had a rain delay.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3032303)   #55
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Is Montoya completely retarded? What the hell was he thinking?
Probably 'Oh no, some douchebag on an internet forum is going to think i did this on purpose!'
Old 28 Feb 2012, 17:51 (Ref:3032548)   #56
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Good drive from Kenseth. My Montoya and that truck driver can count their lucky stars.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3032638)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haven't seen the race but have seen the accident. Yikes. Bloody lucky escape for all concerned there.

That really could only happen to Montoya. Jamie Mac apparently had a similar mechanical ssue though.

But yes, it was definitely 100% Montoya's fault.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3032664)   #58
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
How is the car breaking at exactly the most inopportune moment possible the least bit Montoya's fault?!

His job is to drive the car as competitively as possible, and to keep it going in the race for as long as it will go. At that point in time, that meant getting his butt around to the back of the pack for the restart.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3032667)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whoops. Forgot to add a
Old 28 Feb 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3032692)   #60
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Late breaking. not. Matt Kenseth wins it Dale Jr almost does. All the stars got their mentions. How about the driver of the Jet Dryer. Waiting as I can't find anything on him/her. Oh well. Weirdest 500 ever. Comical at best. Don't know what at least.

Last edited by ujoint; 28 Feb 2012 at 23:05.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3032763)   #61
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Probably 'Oh no, some douchebag on an internet forum is going to think i did this on purpose!'
Seriously, I just spat coffee on my keyboard.

I'm hoping that's the result of a car failure - there were sparks which suggest it's more than possible, because if it's brain failure that's beyond dumb.

Watched half the race on an internet stream, oh boy, American tv. The Daytona 500 adverts with racing breaks in between. Almost unwatchable.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3033089)   #62
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^The amount commercials were mind numbing and so very frustrating.

Even more frustrating, was FOX showing very little ads during the two hour inferno delay and then three laps back into racing, they cut to commercials.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3033102)   #63
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Watched half the race on an internet stream, oh boy, American tv. The Daytona 500 adverts with racing breaks in between. Almost unwatchable.
Commercials always drive me off my tree. I've watched NASCAR/Indycar since I was youngster and I've never liked them.

I'm like Clint Eastwood with the mute button.

I can press a mute button within 50 paces of a commercial.

Fastest draw in the West, err, East, or wherever I am.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 01:13 (Ref:3033358)   #64
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Commercials always drive me off my tree. I've watched NASCAR/Indycar since I was youngster and I've never liked them.

I'm like Clint Eastwood with the mute button.

I can press a mute button within 50 paces of a commercial.

Fastest draw in the West, err, East, or wherever I am.
We're wandering off topic here, but I have to reply. Amateur! I can have the tele on a different channel by third drum beat of Eastenders...

Back to the thread... I'm assuming that was a car failure for Juan Pablo? Having now seen a better definition video it looks as if something went wrong as he hit the brakes. Lots of sparks and the car snapped suddenly sideways. Scary ride.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3033565)   #65
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Even more frustrating, was FOX showing very little ads during the two hour inferno delay and then three laps back into racing, they cut to commercials.
I have to say foxtel (our pay tv) seem to keep an incar feed or track shot more often now when the US feed swap to ads alot more these days, we loose the commentary but keep the video feed.. I also noticed this when watching a UK premier sports feed of the race as well when I was away from my pay tv feed. pretty impressed with it, ****ing shame oneHD (free to air here) won't even show **** live to west coast..
Old 1 Mar 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3033747)   #66
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Was reading that a trailing arm failure was responsible for both Montoya and McMurray crashing like they did.

Not a good start for a fairly new tech team this year.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3033754)   #67
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

I think the ad space is sold at different rates for different stages of the race. For instance, the commercial time at half way was more valuable then five laps later. The green-white-checker time frame more valuable then at 425 miles.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3033795)   #68
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Was reading that a trailing arm failure was responsible for both Montoya and McMurray crashing like they did.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97760 .
Old 1 Mar 2012, 23:11 (Ref:3033797)   #69
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

Well, McMurray's was a slow puncture. But, as you say, for Montoya's crew it isn't an ideal start.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3034134)   #70
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who's winning? Is it over?
Old 2 Mar 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3034145)   #71
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Still rain delay
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3034193)   #72
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Q. How many NASCAR drivers does it take to destroy a dryer truck?
A. Just Juan
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3034196)   #73
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Who's winning? Is it over?