Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 28 Jun 2012, 17:57 (Ref:3099524)   #1
snowdog140
Rookie

England
Coventry, England
snowdog140 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just some ideas

With the news today that a London GP may yet be held, I thought I'd throw a track together, and may do some others if time and inspiration allows.

I'm looking to focus on street tracks, as well as some mini street rallies that I did a long while back. Thoughts anyone?
Old 28 Jun 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3099598)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog140 View Post
With the news today that a London GP may yet be held, I thought I'd throw a track together, and may do some others if time and inspiration allows.

I'm looking to focus on street tracks, as well as some mini street rallies that I did a long while back. Thoughts anyone?
Funny, I had the idea about the London Olympic GP before they mentioned it. Good track design, anyway!

EDIT: I'm also doing street circuit designs, too.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3111363)   #3
snowdog140
Rookie

England
Coventry, England
So, for my next trick, a track in the Canadian city of Vancouver. I tend to naturally favour anti-clockwise tracks, not quite sure why, but the idea of this one was a nice, fast, flowing track. The last left hand kink is messed up slightly so imagine that just as a turn, however there is a small chicane in the top right which is obscured by the station sign.

Opinions, comments, and suggestions for future tracks are always welcomed
Old 26 Jul 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3111559)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Extremely fast, lovely work. How big is it? It may not be as fast if it's 2km

Selby
Old 26 Jul 2012, 17:17 (Ref:3111722)   #5
snowdog140
Rookie

England
Coventry, England
I'm old school, I work in miles :P forgot to save is to gmap, so just over 4 is my answer.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3146720)   #6
snowdog140
Rookie

England
Coventry, England
A quick anti-clockwise idea for a potential Bangkok Grand Prix which has been suggested this week. A 2.77 mile anti-clockwise track with plenty of technical bits, as well as two straights which could work well as DRS zones.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5694561

Thoughts?
Old 5 Oct 2012, 20:28 (Ref:3146774)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It could do with being a bit less technical. That little bite out of the triangular bit just seems a bit much in terms of overcomplicating the layout for no good reason.

Also, I think 2.77 miles is going to be slightly short for what they would actually do for an F1 course. Apart from Monaco, the non-permanent F1 circuits in use, or planned to be going into use, measure up as follows (from shortest to longest):
1. Montreal- 2.709 (1978)
2. Singapore- 3.152 miles (2008)
3. New Jersey- 3.200 miles (2013)
4. Melbourne- 3.295 miles (1996)
5. Valencia- 3.367 miles (2008)
6. Sochi 3.649 miles (2014)

Going forward, I think that they will be looking to have the non-permanent circuits they add be faster than Singapore has turned out to be.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 23:11 (Ref:3146858)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog140 View Post
A quick anti-clockwise idea for a potential Bangkok Grand Prix which has been suggested this week. A 2.77 mile anti-clockwise track with plenty of technical bits, as well as two straights which could work well as DRS zones.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5694561

Thoughts?
Hard to tell from the trees but some of the roads look a bit on the thin side.
Especially the left hand hairpin, the lower part of it from the roundabout to the parallel road doesn't appear to actually exist as a road when seen in the Map view. It's certainly not a standard roundabout exit. The parallel road itself looks to be little more than a ceremonial walkway when looked at on Street view of Google Earth.