Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 17 Oct 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3153372)   #51
August
Rookie

Finland
August should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
The last layout is the best one I have ever seen.

If we could stretch the main straight a little bit, we could have a 3 mile oval.
3-mile oval sounds very long, Talladega is 2.66 mi, Daytona and Indy 2.5 mi. But as already Fuji roval is so unrealistic, 3-mile oval wouldn't be any more unrealistic. After a look at Google Earth, I'd say the best way to reach three miles would be to make it a tri-oval, not strech the main straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
This is amazing. Tilke should have done that right away instead of insisting on replicating the old 300 R chicane which was only built later on to slow cars down.
And that was just a simple modification, I didn't want to chop down the woods inside the new 300R. The section between those two lap-end hairpins could've been longer had had more turns. On the other hand, on another forum, somebody just said how A1-Ring was quite good a Tilkedrome, even if it doesn't have so great corners, it lacks Mickey Mouse corners that are just to make the lap longer. And I think current Fuji has too many Mickey Mouse corners an the end of the lap, and I wanted to avoid that.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 21:41 (Ref:3153572)   #52
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
3-mile oval sounds very long, Talladega is 2.66 mi, Daytona and Indy 2.5 mi. But as already Fuji roval is so unrealistic, 3-mile oval wouldn't be any more unrealistic. After a look at Google Earth, I'd say the best way to reach three miles would be to make it a tri-oval, not strech the main straight.
I see, but I guess 2.9 Miles is sensible enough to repave Fuji into an roval with Yannick's layout.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3153976)   #53
August
Rookie

Finland
August should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the 3-mile oval:

Due to the different oval, I modified the last rection of the roval, thus the roval with oval's turn 1 is 7.0 km and with the hairpin 5.3 km. The road course with no oval turns slightly shortened, yet is still about 3.8 km. Club circuit remained intact.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3154561)   #54
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice on the oval section, August.