Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Viperion101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zaandamring

3.0 Miles
13 Turns
Zaandam, The Netherlands (just north of Amsterdam)

Series:
F1
WTCC
V8 Supercar
GP2/GP3
F2/F3
Europe Touring Car Cup
Attached Thumbnails
Zaandam.jpg  
Old 20 Nov 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3169218)   #2
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the runoff areas, I presume your circuit runs clockwise. If that is the case, the pitlane entry needs to be pushed further back for more runoff in the final corner. Apart from that, it's quite the nice circuit. I have to admit though, that it has got more the feel of a street circuit than of a road course.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 23:11 (Ref:3169221)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To have the first 2 corners as close together as that, the pit exit really can't be there, a car exiting on to the circuit at exactly the place where the racing line crosses back over onto that side of the circuit for T2.

There are run off issues around the circuit, remember run off doesn't just mean beyond the apex from a straight on approach, but also on the outside of a corner and running along side of the track too.

For me the circuit doesn't have any great flow, the 90 right into a chicane followed by 140 or 150 degree turn T4, all within the first mile, the second mile starts with the Z arrangement which again very stop start. It's only the final section that it starts to open up but then there are 2 corners that finish the lap that are more than 90 degree.

For me it's too busy, sorry.
Old 13 Dec 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3178320)   #4
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is very much less interesting than, let's say, Zandvoort, wich would be about 15 miles away...
Why bother to create give a non-fictional location when no thought is given about that location? I can't get my head around it.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3178643)   #5
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lacks genuine overtaking opportunities, IMHO. The only longer-ish straight - the S/F straight - is preceded by a very slow turn which makes T1 a much less exciting overtaking spot.

I'd open upthe bottom turn (the one between the two white rectangles) to make it a faster one, making the corner after it a much better overtaking spot.

bio
Old 14 Dec 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3178814)   #6
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperion101 View Post
3.0 Miles
13 Turns
Zaandam, The Netherlands (just north of Amsterdam)

Series:
F1
WTCC
V8 Supercar
GP2/GP3
F2/F3
Europe Touring Car Cup
I don't know why people are saying it kinda sucks... because it doesn't.

It's really quite interesting. If it is really 3 miles, it is a very fast circuit, with plenty of overtaking spots that I can see.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3178935)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No one has said it sucks,
One of the good things here on My Track Designs is that people explain their opinions, which allows discussion on the various aspects of the design.

Given that others have commented on few overtaking places, you feel there are plenty. Please outline them to get the conversation going.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3178967)   #8
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if the track was anticlockwise it would be a great for overtaking. To me, there would be opportunities at T1,2,7,8 and 10. But in its current clockwise form i think races would be rather dull. T1 would be the only real opportunity as i feel the other are interupted by corners before it, T5 kink being a prime example of one.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3179011)   #9
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedingTortoise View Post
I think if the track was anticlockwise it would be a great for overtaking. To me, there would be opportunities at T1,2,7,8 and 10. But in its current clockwise form i think races would be rather dull. T1 would be the only real opportunity as i feel the other are interupted by corners before it, T5 kink being a prime example of one.
Agreed: reversing the track direction probably would give more overtaking spots.

bio